2016 Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, October 08, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

The allocated seats for Ulster C'ship games were usually shite,as Ulster Council looked after its cronies.I contacted the Season Ticket Office about this a few years ago and got the impression the Ulster Council weren't too concerned about season ticket holders,and never really obeyed the rules.I was told that "you'll be looked after for games outside Ulster"

rosnarun

Quote from: Blue in hope on May 23, 2016, 02:08:38 PM
Got email today regarding the season ticket for the Cavan V Armagh game on Sunday. You were always allocated a seat in the covered stand for Ulster matches. They are now saying bring your  season ticket and get it scanned. You will get entry to the open stand .Seating is unreserved. What is the point of the season ticket? Season tickets in all sports give a reason to hand over your money in advance  but seems not the GAA! 
ive suspected for the last few years there is a growing resentment at some levels in the GAA to season ticket holder. Maybe it because of the Small savings that can be made .
More likely because they see mnay season ticket holders as not True GAA people who come in demanding the best seats .
the see them as 'FANS'  who don't train teams line pitches and make sandwiches . And for a percentage of Season tickets thats possible true Esp people living away from home . but i know for the majority that does not apply but the Season ticket is becoming less Attractive every year
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

straightred

Hi. Just checked my record and Saturday evenings game in Nowlan Park hasn't been updated. Maybe it takes a few days so I thought I'd check before contacting them. Has anyone else's been update/not updated?

mayo.mick

Quote from: straightred on June 07, 2016, 01:45:20 PM
Hi. Just checked my record and Saturday evenings game in Nowlan Park hasn't been updated. Maybe it takes a few days so I thought I'd check before contacting them. Has anyone else's been update/not updated?

It happens regularly straightred. Give it a day or 2, they are usually updated by the Wednesday after a match.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

straightred

Quote from: mayo.mick on June 07, 2016, 01:47:49 PM
Quote from: straightred on June 07, 2016, 01:45:20 PM

It happens regularly straightred. Give it a day or 2, they are usually updated by the Wednesday after a match.

That was well called ! Records are updated this morning  :)

mayo.mick

Connacht council showing total disdain yet again to season ticket holders. We were emailed a week or so ago say as usual just present your card for scanning and stand is unreserved seating, we did not need to print a ticket.

When we arrived in the stand around 6, an hour before throw in, stand was already half to 3/4 full. We got seats at the far end of stand just past tunnel. Stand was filling fairly quickly. About ten to 7 two people arried at our seats and had printed tickets with section, row and seat numbers on them which they bought during the week. We were sitting in *their* seats. An argument ensued and We got thrown out of our seats. Lots of other people I was talking to after match had same problems but refused to move from their seats.

Well played connacht council, well played. Seems to me they are going out of their way to alienate season ticket holders. Total cluter****

@mayo_mick

Throw ball

The season ticket has really been a farce this year. It really seems they could not be bothered with it and are looking people not so renew so they can scrap it. The standard price for the club+ option and the fact buying it meant you could get an All Ireland ticket without going to another match suggests that the only loyalty rewarded is the loyalty to money. This was reenforced by the ridiculous pricing for the first round of the qualifiers and the fact that children are being charged into these matches.

smelmoth

Quote from: Throw ball on June 19, 2016, 10:40:29 PM
The season ticket has really been a farce this year. It really seems they could not be bothered with it and are looking people not so renew so they can scrap it. The standard price for the club+ option and the fact buying it meant you could get an All Ireland ticket without going to another match suggests that the only loyalty rewarded is the loyalty to money. This was reenforced by the ridiculous pricing for the first round of the qualifiers and the fact that children are being charged into these matches.

Would have to agree. Charging for the kids was a particular low

mayo.mick

@mayo_mick

Rossfan

Quote from: smelmoth on June 19, 2016, 10:49:16 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on June 19, 2016, 10:40:29 PM

Would have to agree. Charging for the kids was a particular low
Kids had to pay to our 2 games too.
Was talking to a Rhubarb season ticket holder today. He was livid over the whole thing.
Sounds like it was a total farce.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: mayo.mick on June 20, 2016, 07:53:50 PM
From today's western

1st world problem right there. Build a bridge.

mayo.mick

Article in the Mayo News today about the ticketing c**k up by connacht council. Are they deliberately going out of their way to alienate people? If they'd tried they couldn't have messed up as much. Worst thing is, absolutely no need for it, issue all numbered tickets for stand instead of 2,000 numbered. 4000 season tickets would be self printed too.   

http://www.mayonews.ie/news/28035-it-was-a-complete-fiasco
@mayo_mick

timmyot501

Anyone allocated tickets for monaghan v Donegal yet?

Jinxy

Quote from: mayo.mick on June 21, 2016, 05:24:00 PM
Article in the Mayo News today about the ticketing c**k up by connacht council. Are they deliberately going out of their way to alienate people? If they'd tried they couldn't have messed up as much. Worst thing is, absolutely no need for it, issue all numbered tickets for stand instead of 2,000 numbered. 4000 season tickets would be self printed too.   

What about elderly people that don't have printers, Mick?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Jinxy on June 23, 2016, 02:27:07 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on June 21, 2016, 05:24:00 PM

What about elderly people that don't have printers, Mick?

We've been printing out our tickets (when required) for the last 8 years?
@mayo_mick