Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 07, 2018, 12:56:06 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on February 07, 2018, 12:39:11 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 12:37:25 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on February 07, 2018, 12:36:17 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 12:10:14 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 07, 2018, 12:02:28 PM
Very relevant for some of the posters on here who have decided they are guilty already.

The judge in a rape trial involving two Ulster rugby players has told the jury to ignore "fireside lawyers" expressing opinions on the case on the internet.

Judge Patricia Smyth said the views expressed were "ill-informed" and told the jury to ignore all publicity surrounding the case.

She told the jury to assess the case on "the evidence that you see and hear in this courtroom and nothing else".

The 12-person jury has been told by Judge Patricia Smyth to wait until they hear all of the evidence in the case before coming to any final conclusions.

Doesn't apply to those who have decided they're not guilty already? No?  ::)

What poster has come on and said they are definitely not guilty???

The same number as those who've said they're definitely guilty I'd guess.

Well go on and stick up a quote of someone saying they are definitely not guilty.

Yes my original post should have applied to those saying they are not guilty either.  However I don't think.I have read any poster say they are not guilty.  I have read posters saying they are guilty though.  Open to correction if you can find where someone has said they are not guilty.

There were certainly more than a few posters pronouncing their certain guilt after day 1, and not only that but calling other posters, who suggested listening to all the evidence before deciding guilt or innocence might be the sensible thing to do, rape apologists, amongst other things.

magpie seanie

The vast majority (I think everyone though I may have missed one or two when speed reading the thread) who mentioned guilt said something like "it looks like...." or "I think...." so relax. You're overegging it a little which is exactly what you're accusing others of.

seafoid

Frank Greaney

@FrankGreaney

·

2h

Paddy Jackson/Stuart Olding rape trial resumes with judge repeating her warning to the jurors to just try the case on the evidence they see and hear in court and to completely ignore media reports, the internet , social media and Syferus

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2018, 01:21:01 PM

Frank Greaney

@FrankGreaney

·

2h

Paddy Jackson/Stuart Olding rape trial resumes with judge repeating her warning to the jurors to just try the case on the evidence they see and hear in court and to completely ignore media reports, the internet , social media and Syferus
;D

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 01:19:04 PM
The vast majority (I think everyone though I may have missed one or two when speed reading the thread) who mentioned guilt said something like "it looks like...." or "I think...." so relax. You're overegging it a little which is exactly what you're accusing others of.

is there any posters who said not guilty? 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Orior

What this rape trial has done is to shine a light on our own weaknesses - we want to judge on the flimsy evidence provided here.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Keyser soze

Your hat Seanie, not only were many posters saying lock them up now they were labelling anyone who didn't agree as crusaders, victim blamers and rape apologists.

longballin

That's youse told off - 'fireside lawyers'   :D

Syferus

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 07, 2018, 01:39:54 PM

Your hat Seanie, not only were many posters saying lock them up now they were labelling anyone who didn't agree as crusaders, victim blamers and rape apologists.

If you don't think you can call out rape culture based on your opinion you've missed the point entirely.

This is not a court of law. You should do well to remember that next time you produce a pointless critique.

magpie seanie

I'm afraid you are mistaken. I'm open to correction though so go on a produce this big volume of posts that I must have forgotten or didn't read. Exaggeration is the new norm it seems.

Hound

Seanie has Syferus on ignore.

Keyser soze

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

I'm afraid you are mistaken. I'm open to correction though so go on a produce this big volume of posts that I must have forgotten or didn't read. Exaggeration is the new norm it seems.

A couple of posts ago you were asked to produce the posters who said they were not guilty and failed to do so. This discussion started on the rugby thread and there are quite a few posters on there who hung, drew and quartered the accused based on the prosecution's opening statement on day 1 of the trial. you will have no bother finding them if you want to have a look.

Syferus

There's cavemen in this thread who are aware how toxic an issue this is so they know enough not to say "I don't really believe the rape victim". So they think they're doing a good job obfuscating what's in their hearts by raising questions about the victim dressing scantily, her chasing after 'stars' or simply looking for attention as if it fools anyone into believing they're approaching the issue without a callous bias against the victim. Preaching to the cave.

general_lee

Syfarus, are you at Laganside court? Or Roscommon somewhere?

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2018, 02:39:26 PM
There's cavemen in this thread who are aware how toxic an issue this is so they know enough not to say "I don't really believe the rape victim". So they think they're doing a good job obfuscating what's in their hearts by raising questions about the victim dressing scantily, her chasing after 'stars' or simply looking for attention as if it fools anyone into believing they're approaching the issue without a callous bias against the victim. Preaching to the cave.

Now you know what is someone else's heart - you really are the almighty one
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience