The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Girl

What a load of rubbish from Rory Best, (it is obvious that the IRFU made him say something as it wasn't going away) if you were going to give a Character Reference, that's exactly what it is A Character Reference of someone whom you know, he did not need to go anywhere near the court to be able to do so.  Whilst anyone can go to the Public Gallery, I personally believe he was stupid to do so, given his position.  Had Ireland been beaten yesterday, Rory would been under pressure to have been stripped of the Captaincy as the Media would have been baying for blood.  This Trial is due to last another 5 weeks and should end just before St Patrick's day so the English Media will no doubt be focusing on his actions again.  Innocent until proven guilly, but even if they did not rape this girl, their actions were disgusting for Glorified Sports Stars : :(  Not My Captain...Rory..

Avondhu star

Any need for a Character Reference won't come into play until a conviction. In such circumstances Best and pals can have their say in an effort to influence the length of a sentence. If acquitted the former accused can ride away into the sunset. (no pun intended)
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

nrico2006

What is the obsession with Best turning up?  Who cares who he believes? His friend is on trial therefore he turns up for him. No big deal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 04, 2018, 07:23:10 PM
What is the obsession with Best turning up?  Who cares who he believes? His friend is on trial therefore he turns up for him. No big deal.

It's because he's the captain of the Irish rugby team and had a match in France four days later. Really not that hard to figure out.

Orior

Quote from: gallsman on February 04, 2018, 07:32:17 PM

It's because he's the captain of the Irish rugby team and had a match in France four days later. Really not that hard to figure out.

The last sentence of your reply is irrelevant. You have a canny knack of running down opinions which differ from yours.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Yeahi thought that too. 4 days before the france game has nothing to do with it.

gallsman

Quote from: Orior on February 04, 2018, 07:40:58 PM

The last sentence of your reply is irrelevant. You have a canny knack of running down opinions which differ from yours.

Maybe I'm just dismissive of people who think an alleged rape victim was stupid because she didn't spend her Friday night constantly in fear of being raped.

Nrico2006 has a bit of a history when it comes to dismissing female victims of male violence, so forgive me for not taking his outage at how Rory Best has been criticised too seriously.

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 04, 2018, 07:46:25 PM
Yeahi thought that too. 4 days before the france game has nothing to do with it.

The four days before the France game thing has everything to do with it as it calls into question the role of the Irish management team and senior IRFU had in Best's (and Henderson's) decision to attend.

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh Girl on February 04, 2018, 06:31:20 PM
What a load of rubbish from Rory Best, (it is obvious that the IRFU made him say something as it wasn't going away) if you were going to give a Character Reference, that's exactly what it is A Character Reference of someone whom you know, he did not need to go anywhere near the court to be able to do so.  Whilst anyone can go to the Public Gallery, I personally believe he was stupid to do so, given his position.  Had Ireland been beaten yesterday, Rory would been under pressure to have been stripped of the Captaincy as the Media would have been baying for blood.  This Trial is due to last another 5 weeks and should end just before St Patrick's day so the English Media will no doubt be focusing on his actions again.  Innocent until proven guilly, but even if they did not rape this girl, their actions were disgusting for Glorified Sports Stars : :(  Not My Captain...Rory..

Best coming across as a brainless ape. Some "leader" he is.

trileacman

So you've no problem with Henderson attending? He's not captain.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Orior on February 04, 2018, 07:40:58 PM

And all of the Ireland squad players finished with collective training on the previous evening and were given a day off before returning on the following day in final preparation and travelling to Paris.

gallsman

Quote from: trileacman on February 04, 2018, 08:26:31 PM

So you've no problem with Henderson attending? He's not captain.

I was responding to a post that specifically referred to Best only. If you managed to read a bit further on you'd have seen me mention Henderson as well...

Good try though, better luck next time.

screenexile

I really don't see what the big issue is. . . he hasn't come out in support of the 2 lads, he's said he's trying to listen to both sides before he makes his decision about giving a character witness should it come to that, he's gotten a day off from Ireland so can do what he pleases, the girls was behind a screen the whole time so the "witness intimidation" angle doesn't hold true either.

There are much more important things to do with this case rather than Best or Hendersons attendance!

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2018, 08:57:46 PM
I really don't see what the big issue is. . . he hasn't come out in support of the 2 lads, he's said he's trying to listen to both sides before he makes his decision about giving a character witness should it come to that, he's gotten a day off from Ireland so can do what he pleases, the girls was behind a screen the whole time so the "witness intimidation" angle doesn't hold true either.

There are much more important things to do with this case rather than Best or Hendersons attendance!
I agree. It will come down to who is lying.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on February 04, 2018, 09:23:03 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2018, 08:57:46 PM

I agree. It will come down to who is lying.

You mean who is the best liar
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

macdanger2

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 04, 2018, 06:52:10 PM
Any need for a Character Reference won't come into play until a conviction. In such circumstances Best and pals can have their say in an effort to influence the length of a sentence. If acquitted the former accused can ride away into the sunset. (no pun intended)

That's what I thought too - but doesn't that make Best's reason for going completely unbelievable?? He'll only need to give a character ref if they're guilty