The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2018, 02:20:16 PM
Schmidt answering a question about whether Best consulted him before attending court has absolutely no bearing on the case whatsoever.
It is only relevant in the court of public opinion.
The IRFU is not managing the froth around this case well.It should not be a feature of the pre match interviews.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Best and Henderson was poor judgement at best, they could have offered their support privately without attending. As public figures, they should be aware of the negative publicity it would attract, smacks of arrogance to me.

Captain Scarlet

I understand there will be a number of weeks until any ruling?
This will not go away and will be some craic when the English press have Rory in front of them. From that point alone as Captain he has opened his team and manager up to so much shite.
When it is all settled, one way or another then the real fun starts as Vodafone and the likes might take a dim view of what is going on. There will be numerous shitstorms that could have been avoided if they didn't go.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 02, 2018, 03:14:48 PM
I understand there will be a number of weeks until any ruling?
This will not go away and will be some craic when the English press have Rory in front of them. From that point alone as Captain he has opened his team and manager up to so much shite.
When it is all settled, one way or another then the real fun starts as Vodafone and the likes might take a dim view of what is going on. There will be numerous shitstorms that could have been avoided if they didn't go.

I think you're over reacting. . . they won't go again I don't think and it will be a full 6 weeks until the England match. If asked the question again it will be no comment. Nothing can happen really until the verdict comes in. If the lads get off with it their attendance will fade away.

If they are guilty they can come out and say they believed their friends and wanted to offer support and are deeply sorry for any offence caused etc. etc.

Syferus

Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2018, 10:36:26 AM
Whatever happens, it is the end of the career of two or three rugby players. In fact, I have no idea where they will get work, and will probably have to emigrate.

Add a stupid girl to stupid drunk rugby players and the result is that everyone looses except the lawyers. Very sad.

Disgusting.

Orchard park

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 02, 2018, 02:40:43 PM
Best and Henderson was poor judgement at best, they could have offered their support privately without attending. As public figures, they should be aware of the negative publicity it would attract, smacks of arrogance to me.

well put

pair of arrogant pricks.....

longballin

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 03:26:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2018, 10:36:26 AM
Whatever happens, it is the end of the career of two or three rugby players. In fact, I have no idea where they will get work, and will probably have to emigrate.

Add a stupid girl to stupid drunk rugby players and the result is that everyone looses except the lawyers. Very sad.

Disgusting.

should be put off the board for that comment. yes.. disgusting

seafoid

Quote from: Orchard park on February 02, 2018, 03:36:58 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on February 02, 2018, 02:40:43 PM

well put

pair of arrogant pricks.....
Living in a professional bubble. A long way from Mike Gibson.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Therealdonald

How is that question not relevant in a pre-match press conference? If Best had attended a brothel before the game would it be mentioned? Or if he was found to have sent lewd images to a woman? All three are different scenarios yet they all have somewhat of a moral link. I don't agree with Best being Captain anyway, but surely this is a judgement call that warrants a retort from Schmidt.

PW Nally

Some strange and bizarre opinions being offered here. Surely the sensible approach is to take in as much information as possible before deciding for certain what occurred.

Absolutely no winners in this case. Noticeable in TV reports I have seen that Jackson has family with him going to court each day whereas Olding is on his own.

rosnarun

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2018, 02:20:16 PM
Schmidt answering a question about whether Best consulted him before attending court has absolutely no bearing on the case whatsoever.
my point is nothing Schmidt could say would have a bearing on the case unless he has something to testify before the court .
he is mnot an involved party.
he answere like that because he dies not want a court case being spoken about during his press conference and could not give a shite about the girl, olding or Jackson
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on February 02, 2018, 04:30:12 PM
Some strange and bizarre opinions being offered here. Surely the sensible approach is to take in as much information as possible before deciding for certain what occurred.

Absolutely no winners in this case. Noticeable in TV reports I have seen that Jackson has family with him going to court each day whereas Olding is on his own.

Noticeable?

If anything it's Jackson who is dead to rights on this one given he was the instigator.

Family members and spouses/girlfriends regularly support their own whether it's obvious they're guilty or not. Either unwilling or unable to process the fact their own kin is capable of what they are accused of. It's not really notable at all with regards their innocence or guilt, PW.

RedHand88

Orior

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 02, 2018, 02:19:20 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2018, 01:33:40 PM
She has said she was happy enough with a bit of kissing, which was in his room. No harm in that, you can't say she was stupid because she didn't sense she was at risk of being raped.

Girls didn't go to house parties and have a wee flirt and a kiss with boys back in your day? I find that very hard to believe.
Boys and girls sat at opposite sides of the parochial hall.

Damn right.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Franko

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 04:45:30 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on February 02, 2018, 04:30:12 PM

Noticeable?

If anything it's Jackson who is dead to rights on this one given he was the instigator.

Family members and spouses/girlfriends regularly support their own whether it's obvious they're guilty or not. Either unwilling or unable to process the fact their own kin is capable of what they are accused of. It's not really notable at all with regards their innocence or guilt, PW.

He said 'noticeable', which it is, given the fact that he noticed it.

I don't know where you got 'notable' out of in your next paragraph.  It looks like you made it up.  And nowhere did he even mention innocence or guilt.

As the self-appointed chief virtue signaller on here, you should at least get the terminology right before correcting other posters.