Guinness Surger

Started by gallsman, February 24, 2021, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Anyone know anything about Guinness Surger availability? Have seen videos of lads creating perfect pints at home using ultrasonic jewelry cleaners as the activator. The official surgers were apparently 15 quid back in the day but are now going for 200 odd on eBay.

To be honest, I'd never even heard of the things but a bit of googling suggested they gave it up in 2009 and everything was discontinued. However Beershark has an ad for a 24 pack of "new stock". Can't find anything official about it being reintroduced but seems like plenty of people are getting their hands on it.

lurganblue

There's an off license in Lurgan flat out selling these. £2.10 per can, not sure if they've any of the systems left but they were selling them for £100.

Couple of years ago I stayed in one of those Ibis hotels while over for the English Grand National. The hotel did these types of tins when we asked for a Guinness. They were ok I suppose.

gallsman

Can buy them for 30/40 quid on Amazon. 24 cans for 50 quid from Beershark.

shantygael

There are jewellery cleaners on amazon for 30 quid which do the same job,saw the video on utube.
My pal bought one and said  it was no different from the real surger.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

gallsman

Feels like Diageo have missed a trick here. If it really is the closest emulation of a real pint, it could have been massive for them the last year.

thewobbler

Quote from: gallsman on February 25, 2021, 11:31:01 AM
Feels like Diageo have missed a trick here. If it really is the closest emulation of a real pint, it could have been massive for them the last year.

They've been too busy destroying the pub trade with twice annual price rises for draught beer, that are never reflected in tinned beer prices, to notice.

gallsman

Just took delivery of 48 cans, official surger and 6 official pint glasses. 144 euro. Pretty happy with that.

Not so happy that I bought 4 pint glasses last week in preparation.

Will try the first one later and give a review.

StPatsAbu

Anywhere in Belfast selling the surge cans as I am heading up this weekend?

gallsman

Quote from: StPatsAbu on March 02, 2021, 03:35:40 PM

Place in Lurgan that you could detour to?

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2021, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on March 02, 2021, 03:35:40 PM

Place in Lurgan that you could detour to?

2 in Lurgan I see now with the Woodville doing them too.

Louther

I had no idea this was a thing. But I want one now.

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2021, 10:45:29 AM
Just took delivery of 48 cans, official surger and 6 official pint glasses. 144 euro. Pretty happy with that.

Where did you get that deal?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Louther on March 02, 2021, 04:43:20 PM
I had no idea this was a thing. But I want one now.

I don't even drink Guinness but want one too ;D

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2021, 10:45:29 AM

Not so happy that I bought 4 pint glasses last week in preparation.

Will try the first one later and give a review.
Hi any chance of this f**king review!?