Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Think he said in an Irish News or Gaelic Life interview that's why he took the op, so he could be back for the following year.

redzone

Maybe 1 player that is worth another  look would be quinn from Dungannon. He's a great ball winner. Paul Donaghey wouldnt have the strength for county football I doubt, although he prob deserves his chance

Angelo

Quote from: redzone on September 20, 2020, 09:57:10 PM
Maybe 1 player that is worth another  look would be quinn from Dungannon. He's a great ball winner. Paul Donaghey wouldnt have the strength for county football I doubt, although he prob deserves his chance

Donaghy is young though and has the frame and years on his side to build that power up. He should be on the panel and allow him to progress and develop because he has a lot of qualities that we don't have in the squad.

Quinn must be nearly 30 now, think he was on the McKenna Cup panel 4 or 5 years back, good club player but can't see him making the difference at county level. He hasn't even been starting for Dungannon.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

redzone

Quote from: Angelo on September 20, 2020, 10:30:36 PM

Donaghy is young though and has the frame and years on his side to build that power up. He should be on the panel and allow him to progress and develop because he has a lot of qualities that we don't have in the squad.

Quinn must be nearly 30 now, think he was on the McKenna Cup panel 4 or 5 years back, good club player but can't see him making the difference at county level. He hasn't even been starting for Dungannon.

Trust me, quinn is twice the player. Whether he would be willing to have another go with Tyrone is another thing. Harte isn't going to keep a player for a few years and build him up physically. Your either fit for it or you not on the squad. At the minute he's nowhere near it. Although he has 3 months now to work hard. Hopefully he does

Angelo

Quote from: redzone on September 20, 2020, 10:52:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 20, 2020, 10:30:36 PM

Trust me, quinn is twice the player. Whether he would be willing to have another go with Tyrone is another thing. Harte isn't going to keep a player for a few years and build him up physically. Your either fit for it or you not on the squad. At the minute he's nowhere near it. Although he has 3 months now to work hard. Hopefully he does

Donaghy just finished the top scorer in the Championship by a huge distance. The lad has great potential. If Quinn was as good as you're saying I don't see why Dungannon would be leaving him on the bench and it's not a slight on Quinn who is a good player.

There's a few guys in there already on that remit.

Murnaghan, Darragh Canavan, Quinn from Galbally, Grimes, Mulgrew - all lads who were brought in at an early age to get them ready.

Donaghy is a big lad, he's 6ft2 or thereabouts and he's going to grow into himself in time.

southtyronegael

One of our very few leaders. Can retire with great pride. If only we could bottle his character and give it to some of the other Tyrone players. Thanks big Colm!

square_ball

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 22, 2020, 08:51:29 PM
One of our very few leaders. Can retire with great pride. If only we could bottle his character and give it to some of the other Tyrone players. Thanks big Colm!

Im sure you'll be one of the first to give credit to Mickey Harte as well STG. Developed him into an all star footballer when most were calling for him to be dropped off the squad years ago.

Angelo

An absolute warrior, a shame for him to have to call it a day in those circumstances.

We'll be looking at the likes of Kennedy or Kilpatrick to step up now. I know the Harte bashers will love this but I really don't see what Ben McDonnell brings ahead of some of our other midfield options.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Angelo on September 22, 2020, 09:17:05 PM
An absolute warrior, a shame for him to have to call it a day in those circumstances.

We'll be looking at the likes of Kennedy or Kilpatrick to step up now. I know the Harte bashers will love this but I really don't see what Ben McDonnell brings ahead of some of our other midfield options.

You mean in the Pandemic or something more particular to him?

Angelo

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 22, 2020, 09:24:52 PM

You mean in the Pandemic or something more particular to him?

Pandemic.

You'd feel sorry for guys like him and someone like Michael Murphy who probably has a few peak years left in them and have been robbed of it.

The legs had gone on Cavanagh but he will still be hard replaced.

Tyrone Gaa

Colm is a true Tyrone great, huge boots to fill.

His absence may force Micky into a new system because there aren't many better in that sweeping roll. Seen some great images posted online tonight of his leap and clean catches. Under rated by many.

That's the last all Ireland medal out of the side now.  :-\
Living the dream!!!

omagh_gael

You'd have thought this year would have been ideal for the older player who was considering hanging the boots up?

Localexpert

It's simple really.... his presence brings the number of ballygawley parish team players in the team up.  Can't fall below 3 or the cub might be forced to drop the physio bag and put the boots on.

phpearse

any new players on the Tyrone panel after the Championship?