The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 23, 2023, 06:14:46 PM
unreal from harman under pressure the last 2 days

a masterclass in controlled golf, if that was tiger everyone would be drooling (like 06)

the crowd and media were desperate to get him beat but that showed great mental toughness to front run like that for 36 holes

Under pressure 5 up and 6 or so up? You are really trying your best to be stupid. You've stupidity that is beyond the pale!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: smort on July 23, 2023, 02:26:52 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on July 23, 2023, 02:18:56 PM
There was some boos when Harman was teeing off at the 1st - bit pathetic

First time I've heard the negativity around Harman. Is it just because he's American or have I missed something?
There was stuff trending on social media on Friday and Saturday about an interview he did previously where after a bad day he said we went and shot a pig and a turkey, and how said he's 'a hunter by nature'.
Apparently there's pics he has put up on the internet of him standing over his kills.

thebigfella

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2023, 09:57:14 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 23, 2023, 06:14:46 PM
unreal from harman under pressure the last 2 days

a masterclass in controlled golf, if that was tiger everyone would be drooling (like 06)

the crowd and media were desperate to get him beat but that showed great mental toughness to front run like that for 36 holes

Under pressure 5 up and 6 or so up? You are really trying your best to be stupid. You've stupidity that is beyond the pale!

The lowest round of the day was 67. FFS, he'd have to shoot mid 70s to bring the rest into it yesterday.

He was absolutely blessed with the putter on back 9 Friday and Saturday too. Could have easily made 4 to 5 bogies but when you eye is in. 

trailer

Quote from: Hound on July 24, 2023, 08:39:08 AM
Quote from: smort on July 23, 2023, 02:26:52 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on July 23, 2023, 02:18:56 PM
There was some boos when Harman was teeing off at the 1st - bit pathetic

First time I've heard the negativity around Harman. Is it just because he's American or have I missed something?
There was stuff trending on social media on Friday and Saturday about an interview he did previously where after a bad day he said we went and shot a pig and a turkey, and how said he's 'a hunter by nature'.
Apparently there's pics he has put up on the internet of him standing over his kills.

When he hit it into the shit at hole 3 on Sunday after a bogey on the 2nd I thought he was gonna blow up. He produced a serious up and down and never really looked back. Responding to most bogeys with birdies. He played really well. I wanted him to blow up just to make it more interesting. Was a boring enough Open.

highorlow

QuoteThere was stuff trending on social media on Friday and Saturday about an interview he did previously where after a bad day he said we went and shot a pig and a turkey, and how said he's 'a hunter by nature'.

Is shooting pigs and turkeys "hunting"?

Question for the many rednecks and backwoodsmen on here, though the golf thread may not be their place.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

gerrykeegan

Quote from: highorlow on July 24, 2023, 06:41:14 PM
QuoteThere was stuff trending on social media on Friday and Saturday about an interview he did previously where after a bad day he said we went and shot a pig and a turkey, and how said he's 'a hunter by nature'.

Is shooting pigs and turkeys "hunting"?

Question for the many rednecks and backwoodsmen on here, though the golf thread may not be their place.
He said he hunts with a bow, he doesn't own a gun
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

dec

Paddy birdies the 72nd to get into a playoff in the senior open championship. On NBC in the US, not sure about home

Mikhail Prokhorov

Lucas Glover back to back wins at 43  8)

Muck Savage

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on August 14, 2023, 01:18:55 AM

Will be sponsored by adult diapers next week, his pants look fair poor on the back none.

Orior

Quote from: Muck Savage on August 14, 2023, 02:35:55 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on August 14, 2023, 01:18:55 AM

Will be sponsored by adult diapers next week, his pants look fair poor on the back none.

Yes, quite bizarre attire.

Plus, did you notice Glover doesnt wear a Glove?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Saffrongael

Some round by Hovland

The Sky boys salivating earlier how much further McIlroy was driving it compared to his partner Hovland.....
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Mikhail Prokhorov

rent free ::) lol

some back 9 from hovland, unreal performance

you lads might have better luck next week with only 30 players  ;D