Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

we were up in the Dall yesterday and got beaten 19 points to 14 in a fairly dour contest. The Dall were getting their scores easier and we never really threatened enough to get the goal we badly needed to close the gap. We're now well into a relegation battle so we'd better get the finger out.

Peggy

Nag1....i had no problem reading the discussion clearly, but it was as if u were a we bit touchy on the sublect, rules r broke in GAA all the time so there is simply no need to come onto this forum to try and reinforce them! and what if there is loyalty issues? were u never taught to stand up for your own? who cares which teams he plays for, if he's playing for your county n playing well, is that not enough??

+ Fixture Change
SHC 9th aug
Ballycaslte V North Antrim 1:30 pm Cushendall
Loughgiel V St.Johns 3:00pm Cushendall

NAG1

Peggy,
everyone is entitled to their opinion, I took my position on an issue and it had nothing to do with the fact the person in question is in fact 'your own'.

If i was you I would be questioning the minor manangement to ask why they didnt use him.

My point had nothing to do with him playing well of otherwise it was simply the fact that he should be playing his age group group first. ( I understand that it was not by choice, but i dont like the precedent that this sets)

Glensman

Guessing that fixture change Peggy is due to Dunloy having a festival on...was surprised to see two fixtures were down from there when I believe there is a festival on there at the weekend.
Would have made for a great day...2 matches in Dunloy and then two matches in Loughgeil...a bit further between Cushendall.
Anyone for all 4 then?

Ruairi Og v South Antrim @ 7.00pm in Loughgiel
Glenariffe v South West @ 5.30pm in Loughgiel
Loughgiel v St Johns @ 3.00pm in Cushendall
North Antrim v Ballycastle @ 1.30pm in Cushendall

JamesH

Any word on the rumours that two of the divisional teams can't field this weekend. We play SA it should have been a tricky match if the MC Goats and the Herrons were playing. Our lads have started to show some form, some lads AD, Monty, Declan and Elliott back plus some of the young lads Paddy Mc Naughton ans Sean Birt have been really impressive lately. Both wiil start in the championship we have a good squad for a change, big Ronan back in nets looking sharp and fit to puck the ball a 100 yards helps big time. We beat Ballygalget yesterday by 5 it should have been a good few more. Its good to have matches back on again.

Glensman

A real shame if the rumours you are hearing are true.
SA could be a bit of a force with the two herrons, Stewart, the 2 McGoats and a few others. Would love to see Stewart pitted against division one defenders...he's a class above anything in division 2 are far as I can see. Same goes for Micko in division 3 I am sure.
SWA with the Cloney connection, a couple of the Randalstown players (and Magill but believe he is still stateside), Creggan etc could run Glenariffe close.

JamesH - from an outside perspective I think that is a very wise move re Big Ronan. One of the major downfalls in the AI Semi final v De La Salle was the lack of distance and inaccuracy that were coming from the puck outs against the wind (and generally). I was at it and you guys were playing into their hands.

Agree about matches...was starting to forget there for a while there that they are what its all about.
Think God has been on our side though as he appears to have moved the sh1te weather to the last few weeks and is saving some sun for when the Antrim leagues finish in Sept/Oct/Nov. There must be someone having a word with him.

Peggy

I'm not worried that the minor county manager didnt use him, management can make their own decisions, im not in the position to tell anyone how to run a team nor who should be playing on it.
I was just stating a fact that even if such a rule did exist, that is wasn't through any doing of the young Cushendall player that the rule was broke nor was it through his own personal choice to play for the u21's and not the minors.  

on another note............

Glensman - Cushendall fesitval is on this weekend also, altho the games are early enough to miss any disruptions which may be caused by the festival..i.e parts of the town being closed to traffic+ there shouldnt be any hassle at the pitch either as all thier functions + activies were held last weekend and throughout this incoming week and i suppose with the teams in which are involved in the early fixtures there is really no other nuetral venue to hold them!

Any predictions for the games on sunday???  good to see competition for places on the Cushendall team, maintains a good attitude with the players, could be hard to predict a starting team for Sunday!

milltown row

Quote from: JamesH on August 03, 2009, 05:15:46 PM
Any word on the rumours that two of the divisional teams can't field this weekend. We play SA it should have been a tricky match if the MC Goats and the Herrons were playing. Our lads have started to show some form, some lads AD, Monty, Declan and Elliott back plus some of the young lads Paddy Mc Naughton ans Sean Birt have been really impressive lately. Both wiil start in the championship we have a good squad for a change, big Ronan back in nets looking sharp and fit to puck the ball a 100 yards helps big time. We beat Ballygalget yesterday by 5 it should have been a good few more. Its good to have matches back on again.

the south antrim team will field on sunday, the make up of the team is still up in the air but I'm conviced a decent team will play on sunday night.

JamesH

MR i heard today that they would def field which is good news. Will the Galls men be involved and if so who? On paper they should be the best divisional team, although NA team is putting in quite a effort, much to the annoyance of the NA county Del and Town Sec and team manager. It was a good idea before they drew Ballycastle. I still think the castle will win by 5

Peggy

any team which has the pick of the best players from clubs within one area will field decent teams, Cushendall and Ballycastle will both have a tough game tis weekend.

Apparently there is another fixture change and the North Antrim v Ballycastle game is in Cushendall on Saturday evening whilst all other fixtures remain the same! (according to the cdall website)

milltown row

herrons mc gourtys stewart and a few other decent hurlers will be involved this sunday. Sarsfields and Tir Na Og play this weekend so that rules them out of the teams that they could have played for (SA and SW)

i believe this team could make a fist of it had they been doing a few training sessions/games in early March. what you will have is players with little passion as they don't really know each other.

if Cushendall come out and play strong at the start then they may win handy. should the Belfast team get a bit of momentum then it may be tight

Glensman

Panel for SA named on the Antrim website. Some good hurlers in there:
Cormac Mc Kenna
Kieran Mc Gourty
Daniel  Mc Greevy
Ciaran O Carroll
Kieran Killyleagh
Chris Turley
C J Mc Gourty
Brendan Herron
Paul Donnelly
Sean O Hara
Michael Herron
Anton Mc Caffrey
Christy Tumulty
Karl Stewart
Kevin Grieve
Niall Peoples   
Dee Bannon
Declan Mc Larnon
Paddy Crossan
Thomas Maguire
Aodhan Gallagher
Chris Mc Cartney
Sean Mc Areavey

Any notable absences...what about Philly Maguire from St Theresas? He was on the county senior panel last year.

Cloughmills play Friday night I see and I'd say they might have a couple on the NA side for Saturday night. Not giving them much of a chance to prepare...

JamesH

Posted on the NA site.

The North Antrim Panel
for the
Senior Hurling Championship 2009.

NIALL CAMPBELL                                              EMMETTS
RORY MC QUILLAN
EOIN MC QUILLAN
NIALL MC AULEY
AARON SMILLIE                                               CLOUGHMILLS
LIAM KEARNS
CONOR LAVERTY
JAMES DOCHERTY
JOHN DILLON                                                   ARMOY
LIAM DILLON
SEAMUS BAILEY
MICHAEL ABHRAM                                         GLENARM
BLAIN MC DERMOTT
PADRAIG MC DERMOTT
BRENDAN MC DERMOTT
KIERAN CAMPBELL
BARRY HAMILL
DARREN  HAMILL
CHRIS MATHEWS
MARTIN MC AULEY                                       CAREY
NATHANIEL HUNTER
FINTAN MC CARRY
COLM MC BRIDE
CATHAL MC AULEY
BRIAN O NIELL                                            GLENRAVEL
SHANE WOULAHAN
KIERAN MC KEOWN
NIEL MC CANN
DAMIEN O HAGAN

theskull1

Quote from: JamesH on August 03, 2009, 05:15:46 PM

Quote from: theskull1 on May 11, 2009, 11:45:05 AM
I think anybody who knows the local game knows that there is nothing to be taken from yesterdays match. Cushendall go out of their way at this time of year to make everyone think all is not rosy in the garden (retirements/fall outs/drink/bad attitudes etc etc) and back this up with poor league performances. Then wham bam championship comes along and they are a tight as ever with the full compliment pushing for places. Monty(s) will be there, AD will be there, Kevin Elliott will be there...even big Jack will be there when we get to the business end. Anyone who thinks different is a fool

Where do I collect my prize?  :D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Guillem2

Catch your self on Skull.

This has worked in other Counties so lets give it a try.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.