Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

redzone

Quote from: trileacman on July 19, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
The Dubs playing so poorly and yet still winning so easily pours cold water on the idea that the juggernaut is falling back into the trailing pack. Scully and Howard's preformance show that the Dublin poor mouthing of "once in a lifetime generation" isn't going to cut it either.

Can't believe the hype built around this Tyrone team in only 12 short months since a humiliation by Dublin. Our tactics are pretty much the "Harte system" plus Ritchie Donnelly. To date we haven't beaten a single division 1 team in championship 2018 yet you're all dreaming of a Tyrone win.

Where does your optimism spring from?

Therealdonald

Quote from: redzone on July 19, 2018, 05:28:22 PM
Quote from: trileacman on July 19, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
The Dubs playing so poorly and yet still winning so easily pours cold water on the idea that the juggernaut is falling back into the trailing pack. Scully and Howard's preformance show that the Dublin poor mouthing of "once in a lifetime generation" isn't going to cut it either.

Can't believe the hype built around this Tyrone team in only 12 short months since a humiliation by Dublin. Our tactics are pretty much the "Harte system" plus Ritchie Donnelly. To date we haven't beaten a single division 1 team in championship 2018 yet you're all dreaming of a Tyrone win.

Where does your optimism spring from?

The optimism comes from the fact we are getting the Dubs in a big game away from Croke Park. Omagh is no fortress for us, but it certainly levels the playing field better than playing in CP. Someone above said about last year and he was 100% right, the Dubs had their best game of the year, Tyrone their worst, so inevitably it was going to be a hammering.

Personally I see a tight, dogged niggly game. This is a game that even if we lose we send out a marker that if we meet again later on that we're ready. Still expect Tyrone to eke out a 1 or 2 point game.

greatpoint

Given that Tyrone have struggled for so many years now to beat a top team in Croke Park, Omagh might be a factor if Dublin underperform and this could be their chance.

trileacman

Anyone know when was our last victory over Dublin in Omagh? I'm thinking back through the league matches and we lost to them this year and also the battle of Omagh ( well on the scoreboard anyway).

I'm not being defeatist it's the populist attitude that gets me. We were hyped to the hilt last year mostly by those in the media then we lost to the best Dublin side to ever take the field and all of a sudden we're shite, players not good enough, managers a bollix, systems all wrong. That permeated through a league where we played quite well at times but still the analysts in the media and observers here were writing us off. We played very positively against Monaghan and lost due to the excellence of Mc manus and again those supposedly in the know saw it as our final demise. The gusty display against a wounded Meath was wrote off as being very lucky. The demolition of Cork was put down to them being shite despite it being our best performance of the season. Then a similar result against Ros suddenly leapfrogs us ahead of Donegal in the rankings and gets us talked up to defeat a Dublin side wiping away all before them.

There's just such poor analysis of teams at present that it fucks me off. I'd look forward to us playing against Kerry, Galway, Monaghan on any pitch on any day but it just the way people don't realise how teams are trailing in Dublin's wake at the minute. Donegal played very little beneath themselves the last day and Dublin tore them up even allowing themselves to be sloppy in front of goal and loose with a few passes. They demolished Donegal's game plan but all media analysts can reach for us the ould "ah these dongeal boys didn't turn up."
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

redzone

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trileacman on July 19, 2018, 07:00:06 PM
Anyone know when was our last victory over Dublin in Omagh? I'm thinking back through the league matches and we lost to them this year and also the battle of Omagh ( well on the scoreboard anyway).

I'm not being defeatist it's the populist attitude that gets me. We were hyped to the hilt last year mostly by those in the media then we lost to the best Dublin side to ever take the field and all of a sudden we're shite, players not good enough, managers a bollix, systems all wrong. That permeated through a league where we played quite well at times but still the analysts in the media and observers here were writing us off. We played very positively against Monaghan and lost due to the excellence of Mc manus and again those supposedly in the know saw it as our final demise. The gusty display against a wounded Meath was wrote off as being very lucky. The demolition of Cork was put down to them being shite despite it being our best performance of the season. Then a similar result against Ros suddenly leapfrogs us ahead of Donegal in the rankings and gets us talked up to defeat a Dublin side wiping away all before them.

There's just such poor analysis of teams at present that it f**ks me off. I'd look forward to us playing against Kerry, Galway, Monaghan on any pitch on any day but it just the way people don't realise how teams are trailing in Dublin's wake at the minute. Donegal played very little beneath themselves the last day and Dublin tore them up even allowing themselves to be sloppy in front of goal and loose with a few passes. They demolished Donegal's game plan but all media analysts can reach for us the ould "ah these dongeal boys didn't turn up."

Tbf bar that first 5 minute burst, Tyrone never looked like beating Monaghan.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Goals_Will_Come

1 N Morgan
2 M McKernan
3 R McNamee
4 HP McGeary
5 T McCann
6 F Burns
7 P Harte
8 C Cavanagh
9 P Hampsey
10 M Donnelly
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey

16 M O'Neill
17 M Bradley
18 L Brennan
19 R Brennan
20 H Loughran
21 C McCann
22 D McClure
23 A McCrory
24 K McGeary
25 P McNulty
26 R O'Neill

phpearse

only 8 of that team started last year's AISF. A very different Tyrone team.

2017 team

Tyrone: Niall Morgan; Aidan McCrory, Ronan McNamee, Cathal McCarron; Tiernan McCann, Padraig Hampsey; Peter Harte; Colm Cavanagh, Conall McCann; David Mulgrew, Niall Sudden, Kieran McGeary; Mark Bradley, Sean Cavanagh, Matthew Donnelly.

GaelTheGael

Hard to believe Tyrone went into the All Ireland semi final against dublin last year confident they could beat them when they had Aidan McCrory and Conall McCann starting.

spuds

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2018, 04:31:27 PM
Many would say Dublin really peaked last year v Tyrone as in that was their best performance for years
Tyrone could get know where near them as they moved the ball so fast from side to side until an opening occurred.
In the final they did not have to perform to that level.

Dublin knew that for a year or two all the media and country were asking is this Tyrone system the one to make the breakthrough with Dublin and they really rose to the challenge.
I'm hoping they fall back a bit this time in their efforts and don't have the same hunger to work so hard.

Tyrone surely will have to give it their all in this game and throw the kitchen sink at them. They know they cannot go into the last game away to Donegal hoping to win there. If we beat the Dubs at all, surely a low points defeat in Donegal will be enough with our high score difference after Roscommon.

There is a chat show on in Sallys at 2pm and then another one in Rue Main Street at 3.30pm if anyone is about.

"Many would say"!! Game over after 3 minutes and beaten by 12 points and you are trying to rewrite history by saying that Tyrone were the team to beat in the eyes of the Dubs last year. You say Dublin didn't have to perform in the final to the same level as they beat Mayo by 1 point. Yeah right.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Syferus

Quote from: spuds on July 20, 2018, 01:05:48 AM
Many would say Dublin really peaked last year v Tyrone as in that was their best performance for years
Tyrone could get know where near them as they moved the ball so fast from side to side until an opening occurred.

Dublin knew that for a year or two all the media and country were asking is this Tyrone system the one to make the breakthrough with Dublin and they really rose to the challenge.
I'm hoping they fall back a bit this time in their efforts and don't have the same hunger to work so hard.

Tyrone surely will have to give it their all in this game and throw the kitchen sink at them. They know they cannot go into the last game away to Donegal hoping to win there. If we beat the Dubs at all, surely a low points defeat in Donegal will be enough with our high score difference after Roscommon.

There is a chat show on in Sallys at 2pm and then another one in Rue Main Street at 3.30pm if anyone is about.

"Many would say"!! Game over after 3 minutes and beaten by 12 points and you are trying to rewrite history by saying that Tyrone were the team to beat in the eyes of the Dubs last year. You say Dublin didn't have to perform in the final to the same level as they beat Mayo by 1 point. Yeah right.

;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2018, 01:51:40 AM
Quote from: spuds on July 20, 2018, 01:05:48 AM

;D

I wonder if this is a proper grudge match for Tyrone?  ;D
That was never a square ball!!