The annual bonfire/twelfth thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, July 08, 2009, 04:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 19, 2009, 02:34:45 AM
Myles Na Gobshite (can only guess what the G is) if you read what I posted there's plenty for you to respond to, but maybe you just can't. The truth is a hard thing to dodge.
As for your analysis of support for Antrim in Belfast, well I'd be surprised if you have ever been on the Falls Rd, but the number of flags I've seen in North West and East Belfast would make me think that support is very strong (the fact that Antrim haven't been here in 39 years might say alot as well - you muppet!) Also the number of buses (which are all full) going from city GAA clubs would also say that support is very strong in the town. Oh yeah did I mention that the Antrim county board sold out their 10000 allocation.  ::)

Do use all a favour and toodle off back to OWC or whatever sewer you crawlled from (now that was an insult).  ;)
My mistake. I've looked at your post again and realise that there are plenty of good points that need an answer. Please find them below:
1. I don't wear a mask.
2. I am certainly capable of self help.
3. The stoops would be delighted to have me (they seem a bit desperate these days)
4. I'll certainly make an effort to catch myself on.
5. Apologies if I come across as naieve.

Happy now?   ::)

Tonto

Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2009, 06:08:36 PM
Quote from: Donagh on July 17, 2009, 04:23:16 PM
. The Orangemen will have to deal with the residents as equals   

Therin lies the problem.
They cannot conceive of Irish Nationalists/Catholics as being equal to the elite of the master race.
Just give me a figure - how many OO members do you know?

Thanks.

Roger

Franko

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 18, 2009, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 18, 2009, 07:46:46 PM
Quote from: carribbear on July 18, 2009, 06:00:09 PM
I had evil myles sussed from day one.
Yep, he's a nationalist and played GAA once upon a time but doesnt have any interest in it anymore so doesnt go to games including an Ulster Final that Antrim is playing in (an event as rare as hen's teeth).

Now I wonder why he posts on a GAA board ;)

There will be very few north of Ballymena going to the Ulster Final!
Don't know if there'll be that many going from Belfast, all things considered. I was on the Fall Road yesterday and there wasn't a whole lot in the way of yellow and white flags flying about the place. A few outside McDermott's and near the Sinn Fein offices, but otherwise fairly thin on the ground. Compare this with the way the culchie counties festoon the place with their colours whenever their side is in the final. I suspect the bulk of the Antrim support will come from the Glens area.

Myles, if you had any clue as to the make-up of the GAA in Antrim you would surely know that the support for Antrim footballers from the glens area of the county would be less than minimal!  The mask slips yet a little further... ::)

Myles Na G.

Quote from: hardstation on July 20, 2009, 01:24:58 AM
Myles, you are full of shite. Unless McDermott's have got their flags out, since Friday, you are seeing things. I don't doubt that the have but how can you see McDermott's flags and Sinn Fein's flag but not Davitt's flags? I assume you took a left down the Grosvenor? Otherwise you are scundered. On your way down the Grosvenor, you didn't happen to see flags at Dwyer's?

And what do you mean about "near the Sinn Fein offices"? The Antrim flag is right above their front door.

Were you even on the Falls? I think you have been called up on a bullshit here.
Had to make a couple of calls in Sultan Square area on Friday. Went back up Balkan St on to the Falls and down Grosvenor Rd into town. I was driving, so excuse me if I didn't catch the exact location of every flag.
On the plus side, your post didn't make any mention of the mask slipping, otherwise poor effort from you HS.  :-\

EC Unique

QuoteBand leader fined for spitting 

The leader of a loyalist band has been fined £750 for spitting at nationalist protestors during Orange Order parade in Londonderry city centre .

Jason Moubrey, 35, from Primity Crescent in Newbuildings admitted acting in an offensive and provocative manner.

Moubery's actions were caught on CCTV and he was arrested at the scene in Derry city centre.

His lawyer said his client expressed his "deepest regret" for his actions.

Another loyalist bandsman also appeared at Londonderry Magistrates Court after he admitted acting in provocative manner during an Orange Order parade in Derry.

Trevor Simpson, 38, from Duncastle Park, Newbuildings, is a drummer in the Pride of the Orange and Blue Flute Band.

Mr Simpson admitted assault, acting provocatively with his drumstick and disorderly behaviour.

The judge adjourned the case for two weeks and ordered a pre-sentencing report.

Classy Boyos!

johnneycool

Quote from: carribbear on July 18, 2009, 06:00:09 PM

Yep, he's a nationalist and played GAA once upon a time but doesnt have any interest in it anymore so doesnt go to games including an Ulster Final that Antrim is playing in (an event as rare as hen's teeth).

Now I wonder why he posts on a GAA board ;)

Antrim play in Ulster finals almost every year, maybe Bud has a point after all.

carribbear

I should have been more specific and said football  :D

Now excuse me while I go and spit like a loyalist at the general public....

nifan

http://www.derryjournal.com/journal/Fury-as-bonfire-blocks-Bogside.5559734.jp

There was some discussion on this thread re. republican bonfires.
There was some concern over the Aug 15th one in derry on the weekend.
The pic shows the same mentality re. others flags as the pricks on "our" side have.

DennistheMenace

I paint all these morons with the same brush tbh, different denomination that's all.

Trevor Hill

Different denomination, same mentality.