Armagh vs. Tipperary NFL Div. 3, Round 1

Started by Oraisteach, January 29, 2015, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

So, how does Armagh look going in to this campaign?  Any insight into Armagh's starting 15?  I'd expect Armagh to win this one handily, especially playing at home and Tipp having to make such a long trek.  How's Tipp been playing?

ardchieftain

The team will be named at 9.30pm on Friday, after training. Training was cancelled tonight, hence the delay.

AFS

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 29, 2015, 06:20:57 PM
So, how does Armagh look going in to this campaign?  Any insight into Armagh's starting 15?  I'd expect Armagh to win this one handily, especially playing at home and Tipp having to make such a long trek.  How's Tipp been playing?

Armagh were a bit shit in the McKenna Cup. But it's only the McKenna Cup.

Starting 15 to be named tomorrow evening. Very difficult to predict with so many players at various stages of fitness.

Tipperary will be decent, possibly even the best side we'll face in the division. That said, they do seem to be down a couple of key men for this game.

Armagh can be very slow starters to the league, so any sort of win should be gratefully received.

rrhf

Fcuk me if Tipp beat Armagh it will be some fall from grace.  What are ye at there lads?

tippabu

Quote from: rrhf on January 29, 2015, 09:41:05 PM
Fcuk me if Tipp beat Armagh it will be some fall from grace.  What are ye at there lads?

Thats the attitude.....shur all ye have to do is turn up ;)

Throw ball

Quote from: tippabu on January 29, 2015, 09:47:51 PM

RRHF would be a Tyrone man.

tippabu

Quote from: Throw ball on January 29, 2015, 09:50:20 PM

pity, was hoping ye all thought that way!! I reckon ye should have too much for us but think we will put up a good account of ourselves, think we are too weak at the back without macdonald and imagine ye will find it alot easy to get scores than we will

Throw ball

Quote from: tippabu on January 29, 2015, 09:57:09 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on January 29, 2015, 09:50:20 PM

pity, was hoping ye all thought that way!! I reckon ye should have too much for us but think we will put up a good account of ourselves, think we are too weak at the back without macdonald and imagine ye will find it alot easy to get scores than we will

Do not know were we are at the minute. A number of key players have not featured much yet and the keeper position is anyone's guess. There are 4 fit keepers in squad and I don't think any have played a league match for county yet.

LCohen

Odd McKenna cup for Armagh. One goodish performance in defeat in the first match then it fell away. A lot of talent to come into that side but not all available just yet. Also you would imagine that the intensity would pick up. Geezer has probably been unlucky with the keeper position. His first choice got injured, his experienced replacement has walked and the beauty parade of contenders hasn't yielded a stand out candidate. The other big issue is the full forward line. Its anybody's guess who is going to take up these positions. A couple of contenders havent been fit or have been tied up with the universities, some weird and wonderful experimenting with the positioning of some of the contenders for the full forward line plus McGeeney's natural inclination to defend and flood the middle has robbed the full forward line of numbers. If he has any sense he will start Clarke and McParland in there. Campbell, Kernan and maybe young McKenna in the half forwards to provide a bit of threat.

Agent Orange

Tipp won't trouble Armagh on Sunday. I expect Armagh to win comfortably, not only on Sunday but I just don't see us losing a game in Div 3. We might not be great but we are better than anything in this division.

rodney trotter

Tipperay have excellent forwards in Conor Sweeny, Michael Quinlivan and Barry Grogan and should give Armagh plenty of trouble

Captain Obvious

Brian lacey thinks Tipperary has too much firepower for Armagh.

tippabu

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 30, 2015, 06:34:19 PM
Tipperay have excellent forwards in Conor Sweeny, Michael Quinlivan and Barry Grogan and should give Armagh plenty of trouble

Two young lads in the middle, Colin o riordan and Stephen o brien are very good too, both under 21's.  O riordan has two years left at under 21 and even at this stage think he'd get onto any county team, he is a special player.

On laceys comments, we put up really big scores last year but it wasn't against the same calibre of opposition, although we did manage to put up a very big score v div two laois away from home so hopefully we can carry on that progression

Oraisteach

Will many Tipp supporters be making the trip up north, Tippabu, in your view?

tippabu

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 30, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
Will many Tipp supporters be making the trip up north, Tippabu, in your view?

There will probably another car load aswell as my own!! don't think the tipp fans will hold up the game due to crowd congestion anyway!!