The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 14, 2019, 01:12:31 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2019, 09:41:32 AM
I think you're right. Or else we're just old farts. I could even remember Goss' goal. I was on work placement down in Killorglin and remember sitting in the living room watching it.

Do you remember Dave Barry scoring when Cork City beat Bayern at the Mardyke (I think)??
I remember that.  Think it was a draw though?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

Quote from: antrimgael1985 on March 14, 2019, 01:03:54 PM
looking some advice here.
I have been travelling over for Liverpool matches for about 10 years and have been getting tickets from a few different sources but getting more and more difficult.
Would there be any supporters clubs that you know of that would take members during the close season?  The members sale on the club website is a bit of a disaster.
Facebook ?

AZOffaly

I think you're right. Or else we're just old farts. I could even remember Goss' goal. I was on work placement down in Killorglin and remember sitting in the living room watching it.

Do you remember Dave Barry scoring when Cork City beat Bayern at the Mardyke (I think)??

Was that when Cork wore the white jerseys with the green and red stripes like Germany in Italia 90? That was a class kit :)

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2019, 03:09:10 PM

Was that when Cork wore the white jerseys with the green and red stripes like Germany in Italia 90? That was a class kit :)

Apologies, it was a draw (1-1), and Cork lost the second leg to late goals in Munich.  It was the very nice kit, AZ, as seen below.  A very nice finish too.  Musgrave Park, not the Mardyke. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CUVBzMhm_w
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2019, 03:09:10 PMWas that when Cork wore the white jerseys with the green and red stripes like Germany in Italia 90? That was a class kit :)

Yours for 250 sterling

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1989-91-cork-city-home-shirt-excellent-l-464659.html

Billys Boots

Very nice.  I remember them being worn by The Sultans of Ping F.C., if anyone can remember those loons. 

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Boycey

Give him a ball and a yard of grass, about Forests John Robertson I think?

JoG2

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 14, 2019, 04:38:56 PM
Very nice.  I remember them being worn by The Sultans of Ping F.C., if anyone can remember those loons.

Oh aye, have seen them a few times of late playing around London. Great band. Niall, or should I say Dr Niall lectures in Euro politics at King's College.. Who'd have thunk it??

AZOffaly

Quote from: JoG2 on March 14, 2019, 09:45:42 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on March 14, 2019, 04:38:56 PM

Oh aye, have seen them a few times of late playing around London. Great band. Niall, or should I say Dr Niall lectures in Euro politics at King's College.. Who'd have thunk it??

They are back in Thurles this summer. Bumper to bumper.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Boycey on March 14, 2019, 05:27:11 PM

Nigel Clough, no?

Boycey

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 15, 2019, 09:17:22 AM
Quote from: Boycey on March 14, 2019, 05:27:11 PM

Nigel Clough, no?

Scope for both of us being right  :)

QuoteDrummer Morty McCarthy has written a book on Cork slang entitled Dowtcha Boy. The title of the song "Give Him a Ball and a Yard of Grass", which appeared on their first album, about Nottingham Forest player Nigel Clough based on a quote from football manager Brian Clough about John Robertson.[2] The song contains several more of his sayings in its lyrics. This was given away free with Nottingham Forest Fanzine 'Brian' as a one track flexi-disk in April 1992.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Then Barca in the semis if we advance  ;)

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit