Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Quote from: Rois on February 24, 2015, 01:44:37 PM
Funny, I had done research on multi stop flights to Oz and NZ for a trip back in December and Trailfinders couldn't get within £100 per person of the price I'd found myself. 
I'd say you couldn't replicate a full package trip for the same price (i.e. get the same hotels), but when we did Vegas, Lake Tahoe and the West Coast, we opted for cheaper hotels, for example we stayed in motels if we were only staying one night, used Hotwire to get great rates on unknown hotels in cities etc, so we ended up paying much less than the price Trailfinders quoted for a three week holiday to the same places but not the same hotels.   

I used them for Vegas and they were able to get a rate in the cosmopolitan that I couldn't get anywhere similar for the same money. Maybe it was just because it was newly opened and they had a deal.
I'd say If you do use them,  get a quote and do your own research still. You might be able to get a better flight or hotel deal elsewhere.

Hotwire and the similar setup from Lastminute.com have some class offers, and you can always work out the hotel with a bit of google detective work.

lynchbhoy

Have found trailfinders get best all round deals for flights and hotels in the last 10 years.  Have used them quite a lot. But you might get a portion of a trip eg internal flight or good hotel at a better rate yourself , so a combo of your own research and their itinerary should lead you getting the best deal!

Anyone have any recommendations for Greece area for June?
Something good for couples - at the higher end 4/5 star... All ideas appreciated TIA

50fiftyball

Lads, looking a bit of help here!

5/6 of us looking to give it one last throw of the dice for a "lads only" holiday.. we're all 21 now. The thing is, we've been to Magaluf, Santa Ponsa etc and if I'm honest I found them to be complete sh*tholes! Over run with typical English crowd, cheesy and tacky, not to mention our run ins with thieves, few wallets have been lost on our travels!

Any verdicts on Ibiza? We all dream of Vegas/america in general but unfortunately that's out of our budget, we're all working though (not students) so we aren't afraid to pay a bit extra for good accom etc.

Is ibiza really any different? or just your typical spanish booze up. Don't hear as much talk of Ayia Napa anymore. Cities are good craic Barcelona etc but more costly and only great for 2/3 days.

Booking it around football as well, so most likely July! [/font]

Jeepers Creepers

Ibiza is a great spot, contrary to popular belief its not wall to wall madness. A beautiful island than can accommodate clubbers and families alike. The binge drinking pre club scenes you see on tv are very concentrated with the clubs are evenly spread out across the island (which you can cross in half an hour) making it very different to Magaluf etc.

Asal Mor

Anyone have any idea where would be the best site to look for a reasonably priced sun holiday leaving in about a week?

BenDover

Kilkenny for a stag weekend the weekend after Easter - any advice on where to go, things a group of 20+ fellas might wana do?

Canalman

Quote from: BenDover on March 12, 2015, 09:10:24 AM
Kilkenny for a stag weekend the weekend after Easter - any advice on where to go, things a group of 20+ fellas might wana do?

Make sure all the lads don't drive home on the Sunday morning until all the drink leaves their system . Usually there are checkpoints on the roads leaving KK on Sunday morning.

Last time I was in KK on a Saturday night the pubs and niteclubs closed earlyish enough ( certainly compared to Dublin) so get started on the drinking early.

laoislad

Quote from: BenDover on March 12, 2015, 09:10:24 AM
Are ye into Golf? Plenty of good courses around.

Some great pubs in KK. Langtons niteclub is always the main spot but can get busy.
I like smaller pubs like Syd Harkins on Rose Inn street but for a crowd of 20 maybe be better off going to The Left Bank or Morrisons which are both more or less central or Kytelers Inn which is at the far end of the High Street.
There are a few places I avoid like Matt the Millers and Paris Texas for example. Both will be jam packed but I just don't like them.
Langtons is also great for a bit of grub before the night starts.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BenDover

I'm not that keen on the golf but a few of the others would, this is a free pass to go on the tear for 2 days so may as well make the most of it  ;)

There's a bus taken us there and back - not looking fwd till the return journey

50fiftyball

Lads, and Dublin folk in particular,

I've been to Dublin 3/4 times since I started drinking (18 of course ;) ) and I've fallen into the trap of heading into Temple Bar every time. Whilst I do enjoy it and the pubs are good craic with traditional music, I agree that it's full of tourists and the pints, although tasty, are dear.

4/5 of us aged 21/22 heading down from Monday-Wednesday for Paddy's break.. staying in either Blooms hotel/Drury Court (haven't decided yet, both got cheap!) and we're looking for just normal Dublin pubs outside of the Temple bar area.

At night we'd usually head by Harcourt Street to Dicey Reilly's and of course Copper's.
Been told to head by Pearse, South Great Georges, and South William Street? Pubs like the Long Hall, Palace, Grogans etc.

We'll probably head to the club final in Croke Park on Tuesday.

Cheers.

5 Sams

Meaghers in Ballybough or the Gravediggers in Glasnevin before the match .
The Aristocrat Years

Denn Forever

Night time for 21-22 year olds.

Bleeding Horse near the South Circular
The International Bar near Grafton Street  Good restaurants near this Bar.
The Bankers or Foggy Dew off Dame Street
Stag's Head

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gallsman

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 12, 2015, 07:45:24 AM
Anyone have any idea where would be the best site to look for a reasonably priced sun holiday leaving in about a week?

Secret Escapes always has great deals but you generally have to get yourself to a UK airport first if that would work?

50fiftyball

Quote from: 50fiftyball on March 03, 2015, 10:10:31 AM
Lads, looking a bit of help here!

5/6 of us looking to give it one last throw of the dice for a "lads only" holiday.. we're all 21 now. The thing is, we've been to Magaluf, Santa Ponsa etc and if I'm honest I found them to be complete sh*tholes! Over run with typical English crowd, cheesy and tacky, not to mention our run ins with thieves, few wallets have been lost on our travels!

Any verdicts on Ibiza? We all dream of Vegas/america in general but unfortunately that's out of our budget, we're all working though (not students) so we aren't afraid to pay a bit extra for good accom etc.

Is ibiza really any different? or just your typical spanish booze up. Don't hear as much talk of Ayia Napa anymore. Cities are good craic Barcelona etc but more costly and only great for 2/3 days.

Booking it around football as well, so most likely July! [/font]

What parts/areas of the island would probably suit best? looking at booking shortly from dublin airport, probably 1st/2nd weekend in july. If you want to be fairly central to all the action.

giveherlong

Any good hotel\appartment self catering recommendations in Albuferia?