Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 09, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 02, 2014, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 26, 2014, 02:07:08 PM
Heading to budapest in a  couple of weeks with the missus, anyone recommend anything to see/do?

Bump

one more try

anyone?

At this time of year a Danube boat trip to  Esztergom might be an idea.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: armaghniac on July 09, 2014, 02:28:00 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 09, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 02, 2014, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 26, 2014, 02:07:08 PM
Heading to budapest in a  couple of weeks with the missus, anyone recommend anything to see/do?

Bump

one more try

anyone?

At this time of year a Danube boat trip to  Esztergom might be an idea.

Would that be a day trip type thing?

we are only there for 4 nights in total
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

armaghniac

Day trip. Half a day on boat, a few hours in one of the Danube towns and train or bus back.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

southdown

As above a few posts back, any info on Hvar/Split in Croatia would be great.

Olly

Going to Aghagallon for holidays. What is there to do there?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Olly on July 10, 2014, 03:49:39 PM

Tourist destination of choice indeed.

Under Lights

Booked Westport for the end of the month. Hopefully weather is favourable. Taking our 18 Month Old girl with us- Granny and Granda may be coming now too so should have a bit of time out on the town also.
Any recommendations as to:
What to do during the day with child
Where to eat
Where to head for a few drinks

sensethetone

Quote from: Under Lights on July 15, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
Booked Westport for the end of the month. Hopefully weather is favourable. Taking our 18 Month Old girl with us- Granny and Granda may be coming now too so should have a bit of time out on the town also.
Where to eat
O Malley's on the busy one way street is good for food.

JimStynes

Quote from: Olly on July 10, 2014, 03:49:39 PM

Some spot! Check out the derryhirk pub and Joe's Shore. Unreal.

Rois

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 11, 2014, 02:40:37 PM
Quote from: Rois on April 11, 2014, 12:09:42 PM
I've just booked a hotel in Nice for our "mini-moon" after doing lots of research.  I couldn't bear to spend silly money on hotels though.  Sounds like you might want to go for something a bit higher standard than we picked, but we're staying here:
http://www.hotelwindsornice.net/
If money was no object, I'd have loved the Boscolo Exedra or Hotel Negressco.

Could you give a review of the place when you get back Rois? Might be heading to Nice later in the year. Thanks.
Nice - great, pretty expensive but you can go as cheaply or as plush as you want.
Hotel - just ok, has a pool and nice sitting out area, but all covered by 4 or 5 huge trees which may be "charming" in the heart of the city, but really they block light and attract pigeons and mosquitos. 3 bites so far.
Nice is class, hotel location perfect, 3 mins walk to Hotel Negresco at the sea front, but choose somewhere else.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rois on July 15, 2014, 04:56:38 PM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 11, 2014, 02:40:37 PM
Quote from: Rois on April 11, 2014, 12:09:42 PM
I've just booked a hotel in Nice for our "mini-moon" after doing lots of research.  I couldn't bear to spend silly money on hotels though.  Sounds like you might want to go for something a bit higher standard than we picked, but we're staying here:
http://www.hotelwindsornice.net/
If money was no object, I'd have loved the Boscolo Exedra or Hotel Negressco.

Could you give a review of the place when you get back Rois? Might be heading to Nice later in the year. Thanks.
Nice - great, pretty expensive but you can go as cheaply or as plush as you want.
Hotel - just ok, has a pool and nice sitting out area, but all covered by 4 or 5 huge trees which may be "charming" in the heart of the city, but really they block light and attract pigeons and mosquitos. 3 bites so far.
Nice is class, hotel location perfect, 3 mins walk to Hotel Negresco at the sea front, but choose somewhere else.

Never go to France without citronella.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

does that work against Clegs?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

Quote from: Under Lights on July 15, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
Where to eat

Kids:
If you get the weather go to Old Head beach which is about 10 miles west of Westport, towards Louisburgh.

Also check out http://www.westporthouse.ie/westport-house-and-gardens/for-children/

Eat:
http://www.solrio.ie

Was there recently with the missus and we both liked it, but lots of choice in Westport.

Drinks:
Loads of pubs in a small area. http://www.mattmolloy.com/pub_about.html is the most famous and busiest but plenty of choice.

MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

What's to do in Athlone? Will be stopping off there at the weekend. I hear along the Shannon is a nice spot

balladmaker

Went to Killarney for 4 nights a couple of weeks back and spent what could have taken us abroad for at least a good week or more.  Typical Ireland going out of their way to rip people off.  A cafe on Main Street, Killarney, 2 adults and 3 children (1 of them a baby) at lunchtime, and the children were only eating from the kids menu, only drink was a jug of diluted orange .... 54 euro for one course!  Another day, an ice cream shop again on Main Street, 4 medium tubs of ice cream (3 scoops per tub) came to 20.30 .... a medium tub of ice cream was more expensive than a pint of Guinness!  I wouldn't consider myself miserable by any stretch but when it comes to being totally ripped off, it will be a while before I'm heading that direction again.

On a positive note, had some of the finest bar food I've ever had, and very well priced, in Paul Geaney's Bar in Dingle.