Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

On verge of booking Playa del Carmen in Mexico due to price and a recommendation.

But aside from that, booked flights this eve to Boston to travel through New England and bit of Canada (Halifax to see family and Montreal). Got return to Boston on weekend flights for about £360, not bad going with Aer Lingus.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Orior on April 04, 2013, 11:54:42 AM
Yeah yeah, but did they steal the pyramid design from the Egyptians?

Or did aliens from outspace plant the idea?

windows 7 screen shot

STREET FIGHTER

Folks

Any recommendations for a holiday in the south of Ireland?

Towards the end of May.

3-4 days.

Hotel & site seeing ideas welcomed.

SF

southdown

Anyone been to Venice? I hear it's pricey, any tips were to stay, what to see?

Rois

Don't suppose anyone knows when Aer Lingus release flights for next summer?

The week after spending a fortune on a holiday to Mexico and flights to the US for September, Mr Rois goes and proposes with a sparkler.
So I'm planning a summer Alpine wedding next year and Aer Lingus are the only people that fly to Geneva in summer time. 

I want to be able to tell the guests when to book flights to get best prices (around the 12th July next year) and am so impatient at the minute!!  Anyone have any broad clues when flights are likely to go on sale?

supersarsfields

balladmaker

QuoteI want to be able to tell the guests when to book flights to get best prices (around the 12th July next year) and am so impatient at the minute!!  Anyone have any broad clues when flights are likely to go on sale?

I think Aer lIngus usually pur flights on sale 11 months in advance, from memory, though I stand to be corrected.

Rois

Balladmaker, that makes sense as I thought a read somewhere that flights couldn't be sold more than 330 days in advance, but I wonder if they just drip feed them onto the booking system as the 11 month date passes.  Or do they just release a whole summer schedule in advance - for example Easyjet's winter flights were launched a few weeks ago, even though December/January were well inside the 11 month thing. 

At this rate I won't be booking flights until August for July 2014 - how will I ever last that long!!  ;D

Declan

Congrats Rois. Now lets hope Tyrone don't make it a great week for you on Sunday ;) ;)

lynchbhoy

Congrats Rois!

A Von trappesque wedding - ya can't take the clannagaelers out of the mountains eh!

From that earlier q- I haven't stayed in Venice but don't eat/drink in st marks square or in any establishment on the beaten track.
Cost me 16 Irish pounds for a coffee and a beer there - included in the cost was cover charge for seats and band ffs!
Found a wee pub out of the way and had beer , pizza, coffee etc for way less.
Interesting place but a couple of days there ( weekend) is more than enough

bennydorano

I booked Aer Lingus flights for Perpignan for this June/July last September, hadn't really been keeping an eye out so dont know how long the flights were open before i booked.

The Iceman

Quote from: southdown on April 12, 2013, 04:44:00 PM
Anyone been to Venice? I hear it's pricey, any tips were to stay, what to see?

I never liked it. thought it pricey, a bit dirty and not worth the trip.
Florence is a much nicer spot - I was there last week. Great food, great weather, reasonable prices and good spot to travel to sienna from or out into the tuscan countryside. highlight was the Verrazzano winery.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

seafoid

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on April 12, 2013, 04:33:10 PM
Folks

Any recommendations for a holiday in the south of Ireland?

Towards the end of May.

3-4 days.

Hotel & site seeing ideas welcomed.

SF
Wexford is nice. Seafield outside Gorey has apartments you can rent and it's a nice place to relax.
The Wexford coast has nice beaches for walking and Gorey is an interesting town.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

maggie

Need some advice from you well travelled people.

Was looking a 5 night break for somewhere in August.  So far have looked at Nice and Barcelona.  But would there be any other city type recommendations??.  Somewhere that has access to a beach, will be warm but isnt just a resort/pool type holiday.

Ps Many congrats Rois.  Great News  :)

seafoid

Quote from: Rois on April 23, 2013, 11:23:25 AM
Don't suppose anyone knows when Aer Lingus release flights for next summer?

The week after spending a fortune on a holiday to Mexico and flights to the US for September, Mr Rois goes and proposes with a sparkler.
So I'm planning a summer Alpine wedding next year and Aer Lingus are the only people that fly to Geneva in summer time. 

I want to be able to tell the guests when to book flights to get best prices (around the 12th July next year) and am so impatient at the minute!!  Anyone have any broad clues when flights are likely to go on sale?

Congratulations Rois

Flights to Switz are fairly competitive with Aer Lingus and you can always go either to Zurich or Geneva.
Where are you planning the wedding ?

A lot of the ski resorts have empty apartments in the summer and if you do your homework you can get very good value for groups. For example : 

http://tportal.toubiz.de/Villars/ukv/result?tt=rhvcg9jrppnh06jicgm4arp2b4

One of the best things about the alps in the summer is the open air spas

http://www.lavey-les-bains.ch/en

Something like that could be good for a day after get together
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU