New Car Advice

Started by Dinny Breen, March 06, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebar

Quote from: Ambrose on May 16, 2018, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on May 16, 2018, 01:13:48 PM
Quote from: Ambrose on May 16, 2018, 01:05:02 PM
Those Kia's and Hyundai's would want to come with a free balaclava, because there is no way anyone with any self respect would ever be seen driving one.

Because?

/Jim.

Because they are an absolute plague. They are the motoring equivalent of white goods and every bit as exciting as a new dish washer. Why anyone would choose to drive one is beyond me.

Ambrose what do you drive?

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2018, 11:29:43 AM
If you have a car allowance and looking to get a decent deal on a, lets say on a 1.6 type car, with a decent extras, where is the best place to look? I'm not a petrol head so for me any new car is nice, loved the Ford Focus i had for 3 years, might even go back to that type, but interested in something different

There is a whole new Focus coming out, but it will be couple of months before you can buy one.
A Mazda 6 would be bigger yoke.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 16, 2018, 10:52:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2018, 11:29:43 AM
If you have a car allowance and looking to get a decent deal on a, lets say on a 1.6 type car, with a decent extras, where is the best place to look? I'm not a petrol head so for me any new car is nice, loved the Ford Focus i had for 3 years, might even go back to that type, but interested in something different

There is a whole new Focus coming out, but it will be couple of months before you can buy one.
A Mazda 6 would be bigger yoke.

Wouldn't mind waiting, my current car goes back at end of June
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

As if to continue my recent run of bad luck, needed a new car after someone wrote off my car about 6 weeks ago. Finally decided on a second hand Audi. After much negotiation I agreed a price yesterday only for Audi to recall all A7's from the relevant period and stop their dealers selling them pending the recall.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

trileacman

Quote from: David McKeown on May 16, 2018, 11:16:52 PM
As if to continue my recent run of bad luck, needed a new car after someone wrote off my car about 6 weeks ago. Finally decided on a second hand Audi. After much negotiation I agreed a price yesterday only for Audi to recall all A7's from the relevant period and stop their dealers selling them pending the recall.

Don't expect much sympathy on here if you've the dough to afford an audi A7.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

David McKeown

Quote from: trileacman on May 16, 2018, 11:36:42 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on May 16, 2018, 11:16:52 PM

Don't expect much sympathy on here if you've the dough to afford an audi A7.

Its not even close to new and its only because my car was written off but fair point well made
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Jim_Murphy_74

Because they are an absolute plague. They are the motoring equivalent of white goods and every bit as exciting as a new dish washer. Why anyone would choose to drive one is beyond me.

I am not sure what would constitute an exciting car, a Ford Capri or the like?

Why I chose to drive the Optima:  economy, price, comfort, spec and fallback of the warranty.  Excitement didn't was way further than the list, as is the balaclava.

/Jim.

laceer

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on May 16, 2018, 01:13:48 PM
Those Kia's and Hyundai's would want to come with a free balaclava, because there is no way anyone with any self respect would ever be seen driving one.

Because?

/Jim.

Why anyone would look for excitement in someone else's choice of car is beyond me.

MoChara

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on May 17, 2018, 08:08:34 AM

I am not sure what would constitute an exciting car, a Ford Capri or the like?

Why I chose to drive the Optima:  economy, price, comfort, spec and fallback of the warranty.  Excitement didn't was way further than the list, as is the balaclava.

/Jim.

I think the Optima's actually a cracking looking car

Dougal Maguire

That is the biggest 'my head is up my own arse' post since Fearon posted about the rental income he was getting from the house he had inherited.
Careful now

trailer

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 17, 2018, 02:17:29 PM
That is the biggest 'my head is up my own arse' post since Fearon posted about the rental income he was getting from the house he had inherited.

Very funny all the same.  :D

Ambrose

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2018, 03:25:44 PM

I knew that gobshite Dougal would have to reply, he probably sees a 4 year old Kia with remaining manufacturers warranty as aspirational.

This isn't a willy waving contest, but Kia's like the vast majority of people that drive them are more than a little bit dull. A grey Kia might brighten Dougal up a little.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

maddog

Quote from: Ambrose on May 17, 2018, 03:45:09 PM

I knew that gobshite Dougal would have to reply, he probably sees a 4 year old Kia with remaining manufacturers warranty as aspirational.

This isn't a willy waving contest, but Kia's like the vast majority of people that drive them are more than a little bit dull. A grey Kia might brighten Dougal up a little.

So if cars reflect personality does it mean that my robin reliant makes me a little unstable ?

Dougal Maguire

Classic stuff there. What do you know about me that makes you reach that conclusion?
Careful now

Ambrose

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 17, 2018, 04:55:43 PM

Classic stuff there. What do you know about me that makes you reach that conclusion?

Sorry Dougal, grey would be a little showy for you, stick to beige.
You can't live off history and tradition forever