The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 27, 2018, 03:05:57 PM
Rory still in control of the tournament?😩

Our expectations of Rory are way too high.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Insane Bolt

Whilst there is no doubt over his ability.....I feel he lacks the mental strength of Woods, Nicklaus etc
He appears to be too easily distracted

Insane Bolt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/44275582

Another great win for Rose, have to say I really like him, he seems an all round nice fella, and considering he missed his first 21/22 cuts when he started his pro days.

Hound

Shane Lowry finished top of his 2 round regional qualifier in Ohio, so gets into the US Open. Great to see him back.

In a separate regional qualifier, Seamus Power very narrowly missed out (same score as a few who did qualify, so presume it was a playoff). In a European qualifier, Harrington missed out on a playoff by one shot, having had 3 bogeys on his back 9.

laoislad

Great first round for Seamus Power at the St.Jude classic.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Good first round as well by 16 year old Tom McKibbin at the Vienna Masters.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DrinkingHarp

US Open next week has Rory, Jordan and Phil in one group and Tiger, Dustin and Justin in another.

Looking forward to this Open this year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/5acee76a-bbad-3499-a0ea-ddef84c2870a/ss_woods-to-play-with-no.-1-and.html

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Boycey

Great start for Leona Maguire in her first pro appearance on the LPGA a two under round leaves her just three back from the lead, not so good for twin sister Lisa who shot 84. On the European Tour, a 15 yr old amateur Tom McKibben from Rorys home club Holywood performed creditably shooting under par the 1st day before fading away yesterday to miss the cut. 15 ffs!!!!

Orchard park

Hopefully the very grounded  and refreshingly ego free Seamus power can make a top 5 finish in the st judes....... pity he dropped 3 in the last 5 holes yesterday.....

Would take  a log of pressure off him to secure card earlier than last years scramble

Puckoon

Digging this shot clock masters format. 40 seconds to hit the shot otherwise one stroke penalty. 2 time outs can be called per player, per round.

No one has went over yet!

Boycey

Quote from: Puckoon on June 09, 2018, 03:49:19 PM
Digging this shot clock masters format. 40 seconds to hit the shot otherwise one stroke penalty. 2 time outs can be called per player, per round.

No one has went over yet!

I thought I heard them saying in commentary a while ago that 2 players had been penalized?

Puckoon

Oh yep you're right. They just showed some lad taking a penalty. His birdie became a par!

leaveherinsir

US Open starts tomorrow, obviously being overshadowed by World Cup to an extent. Paddy Power paying e/w top 10 1/5 odds for anyone fancying a flutter. Ive went for below all e/w.
Rose
Day
Fowler
Rahm
Grace
Kisner

Insane Bolt

Charlie Hoffman @ 175/1😎

Boycey

Featured group coverage just started on Sky, looks very windy.