Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2024, 05:04:02 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on April 07, 2024, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2024, 04:45:11 PMWicklow 10 5 up against Westmeath with 20 to go. That would be a big upset.

Westmeath will win it handy. Will be looking to peak against Kildare next weekend.

Wicklow three up on 70 minutes. Five injury time.
Wicklow win
It's a great idea to play the first round a week after the league finals.

Harold Disgracey

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2024, 05:08:01 PMWicklow win by one! Oisin maybe be less grumpy on that podcast this week ;D

Fine result for Wicklow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dunneroyal

At this stage I think we should get Donald Duck to manage Meath. Colm so out of his depth it is unreal. No disrespect to Longford but to concede 3.12 is an absolute disgrace Dublin could inflict the biggest ever defeat on Meath. With the return of Jordan Morris and the best player not on Meath team last few years James Conlon we looked better upfront. But we are so so bad defensively it is unreal. I fear what will happen next weekend but worse still I fear what will happen to Meath going forward if we don't change management at end of championship.
Hon the royal

Gael85

Dessie Dolan was complaining last week that playing Kildare would be their 5th game in 5 weeks. Won't have that issue now.  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: Dunneroyal on April 07, 2024, 05:26:05 PMAt this stage I think we should get Donald Duck to manage Meath. Colm so out of his depth it is unreal. No disrespect to Longford but to concede 3.12 is an absolute disgrace Dublin could inflict the biggest ever defeat on Meath. With the return of Jordan Morris and the best player not on Meath team last few years James Conlon we looked better upfront. But we are so so bad defensively it is unreal. I fear what will happen next weekend but worse still I fear what will happen to Meath going forward if we don't change management at end of championship.
Why should Meath be arsed about taking the Leinster football championship seriously? They can't win it and they need to focus on the Round Robin. Why should fans pay to see matches in the Dublin side of the Leinster championship ?  Nobody who voted for the system at Congress did much forward thinking.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on April 07, 2024, 07:15:33 PM
Quote from: Dunneroyal on April 07, 2024, 05:26:05 PMAt this stage I think we should get Donald Duck to manage Meath. Colm so out of his depth it is unreal. No disrespect to Longford but to concede 3.12 is an absolute disgrace Dublin could inflict the biggest ever defeat on Meath. With the return of Jordan Morris and the best player not on Meath team last few years James Conlon we looked better upfront. But we are so so bad defensively it is unreal. I fear what will happen next weekend but worse still I fear what will happen to Meath going forward if we don't change management at end of championship.
Why should Meath be arsed about taking the Leinster football championship seriously? They can't win it and they need to focus on the Round Robin. Why should fans pay to see matches in the Dublin side of the Leinster championship ?  Nobody who voted for the system at Congress did much forward thinking.
Or they could tighten up and start competing with Dublin. Derry can do it. Mayo did it for years.

Easy excuses.

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 07, 2024, 07:31:18 PM
Or they could tighten up and start competing with Dublin. Derry can do it. Mayo did it for years.

Easy excuses.
If Derry went into Leinster they'd have MHKE Stockholm syndrome after a decade too. Meath and Kildare are serious football counties with a combined total of 11 times Derry's or Armagh's all Ireland tally. Meath are 5th in the roll of honour. Kildare are 9th. Derry and Armagh are joint 18th. Leinster used to produce a variety of all Ireland winners. The Leinster championshio used to be a great testing ground for emerging teams.
Mayo never beat financially doped Dublin in a final. Neither did Kerry.
If they get you asking the wrong questions they don't have to worry about the answers. 

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on April 07, 2024, 07:55:48 PM

Easy excuses.
If Derry went into Leinster they'd have MHKE Stockholm syndrome after a decade too. Meath and Kildare are serious football counties with a combined total of 11 times Derry's or Armagh's all Ireland tally. Meath are 5th in the roll of honour. Kildare are 9th. Derry and Armagh are joint 18th. Leinster used to produce a variety of all Ireland winners. The Leinster championshio used to be a great testing ground for emerging teams.
If they get you asking the wrong questions they don't have to worry about the answers. 

I don't think so in regards to Derry. Have improved to become top 4 championship team the last two years and won the Div 1 title last week. All fine talking about what they did in the past but its about the present time and until Meath,Kildare can improve be it league or championship one can't expect them to topple Dublin in Leinster.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

JoG2

Quote from: seafoid on April 07, 2024, 07:55:48 PM

Easy excuses.

Holy mo, rolling out the roll of honours list from decades ago, what does that have to do with 2024? They were serious football counties in the AI series, not at the moment, and not in the league either tbf. If they've given up, that's on them and no one else

Rossfan

Kildare won 3 Leinster SFCs in the last 90 or so years so hardly sleeping giants.
Meath with all their winning tradition up to the early years of the Century have fallen a long way.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Derryman forever

So if they are resigned to losing leinster, where are they going to get the belief / hope of winning Sam

Wildweasel74

Westmeath shouldn't have to play championship fball a week after a Division 3 final, It doesn't make sense that there not a 2 week gap from the finish of the league

Armagh18

Quote from: Derryman forever on April 07, 2024, 09:30:35 PM

So if they are resigned to losing leinster, where are they going to get the belief / hope of winning Sam
Why bother even fielding if thats your attitude.

The Louth men seem to have the right attitude any time you hear them.

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 07, 2024, 09:37:42 PMWestmeath shouldn't have to play championship fball a week after a Division 3 final, It doesn't make sense that there not a 2 week gap from the finish of the league
Agreed. Doesn't really excuse losing to Wicklow though.