O'Donoughue starts ranting again...

Started by neilthemac, March 16, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubnut

Jaysus Roversfella this is getting tedious.

realredhandfan

according to the sindo yesterday there was df

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 26, 2007, 05:18:37 PM
bottlethrower,  i dont live on the internet. not getting a reply immediatly doenst mean im hiding, its just .

Hardy, Rovers have a deal. . They give SDCC the land,

More lying crap -- the land belongs and has for years to Sth Dublin county Council.
Shams SOLD thier land back in the 1980s.
GET OFF THE STAGE YA SPOOFER
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tayto

Caught in more lies. Some feckin neck coming back for more all the time. Jesus wept.

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2007, 06:02:54 PM

More lying crap -- the land belongs and has for years to Sth Dublin county Council.
Shams SOLD thier land back in the 1980s.
GET OFF THE STAGE YA SPOOFER

the land was to be given back to SDCC in return for completion of the stadium. is the PR chorus denying this now? Are you claiming Shamrock Rovers never owned the site? And you call me a spoofer?  ???

and Rovers sold f**k all. anyone on this site actually remember the KRAM events? very strange interpretation of the events if you think the club itself sold the ground.

the immaturity on this site is appaling sometimes. the basics of the story are that SDCC and SRFC struck a deal to return the land in return for completion of the stadium. TD objected to this and here we are. are people actually going to deny this?  ::)

even when TD lay out their case in the High Court debunking some of the consensus on this site (Rovers getting a free stadium being one, the stadium capacity not  being reduced is another) people just keep repeating the mantra. Pathetic stuff.

After pages and pages of tit for tat some people arguing with me clearly have no idea of the background to this. Rossfan, you clearly arent stupid, how can you be so wrong on this basic tenent of the case after all the press this week?

magickingdom

" Do your club pay VAT on gate reciepts?"

what are you talking about? there is no vat on gate receipts ffs.

dublinfella

Quote from: magickingdom on March 26, 2007, 08:52:26 PM
" Do your club pay VAT on gate reciepts?"

what are you talking about? there is no vat on gate receipts ffs.

there is now.....

Hardy

(Edit - excuse the gobbledegook that previously preceded this post - finger trouble again).

QuoteThe free stadium line has been debunked totally by now.

Fingers in ears and na-na-na-na-na again, is it?

You still haven't explained to me how SR qualify for a free stadium for their exclusive use and why my club should be refused equal treatment or what are the criteria that apply to the disbursement of such largesse. Or how the government can justify anti-competitive subsidies for individual players in a commercial market (as the League of Ireland, or whatever it's called this week, is).

Waterford United's tenancy of the RSC, or municipal stadiums for multiple uses, are not the point, as you know, of course.

And I'm not contradicting myself. And why are you asking me does my club pay VAT on gate receipts? My club has no history of tax defaulting, debt evasion, serial liquidation or asset stripping. There is no reason to suspect that they would not pay their taxes. Shamrock Rovers, on the other hand, have form.

Hardy

Sorry - double post.

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 26, 2007, 08:30:34 PM

the land was to be given back to SDCC in return for completion of the stadium. is the PR chorus denying this now? Are you claiming Shamrock Rovers never owned the site? ........
and Rovers sold f**k all. .... you think the club itself sold the ground.
. Rossfan, you clearly arent stupid, how can you be so wrong on this basic tenent of the case after all the press this week?

ONE -SDCC recovered the LEASE on the site they gave a limited company who owned Shams to build a Stadium.They took it back because the thing had stalled for years.
SDCC then went through the Local Authority version of planning to complete the Stadium. This entailed seeking submissions from the public and making a decision in light of the submissions. The end result was the Councillors agreed with the GAA submission that the Free Municipal Stadium should also include the major sport of Gaelic Games. Then enter the Kerry B*******s.
THREE - Shams or their owners at the time SOLD the Milltown lands for money which wasnt put back into the game - unlike the GAA sales you have a problem with.
FOUR - Thanks for the complement - I wish I could return it but you believe an incorrect version of the facts and as for what you read in papers -- FFS man - wise up.
TWO-Shamrock NEVER OWNED THE LAND IN TALLAGHT - they got a lease of a site to build a Stadium.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bottlethrower7

But the substantive point is there. County boards are doing the same as Bohs, but they are somehow scamming.

I repeat, give me an example of  a county board who have recently acquired a grant (or any form of government aid) for stadium development and are now looking at selling that ground.

rosnarun

QuoteRovers sold f**k all. anyone on this site actually remember the KRAM events? very strange interpretation of the events if you think the club itself sold the ground.

yes I remember KRAM and they way rovers through their owner  sold their ground . It may not have been done for the good of shamrock rovers PLC. but the kilcoynes owned the company so were well within their rights to sell it. Its just that SR are not within their rifghts to keep coming back looking for free stadiums to the cost of all other sports as the sports capital spending budget is very limited
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

tayto

So when is the ruling on this expected? Will be very interesting. I'm convinced the work could be mostly finished by now if the minister haddnt let this go to court.

magpie seanie

QuoteDo your club pay VAT on gate reciepts?

Most GAA clubs have or should have charitable status so would not have to return VAT on gate receipts. That is because GAA clubs put the money back into their communities - not into the pockets of some washed up failed pro soccer players.

lynchbhoy

Waterford Utd play in a municipal ground and have done for years. There wasnt a rush to follow them so that line of thought is redundant.

The free stadium line has been debunked totally by now.

Lynchbhoy, thats exactly what I was getting at. Laois was a mistake, hands up. But the substantive point is there. County boards are doing the same as Bohs, but they are somehow scamming. The level of funding Boihs got is exactly in line with all major GAA projects, and i find it very hard to believe no public funding went into the stadia possibly for the chop. its a specious argument and tbh shows how the GAA spin machine is clutching at straws now.
Waterfords Regional Sports grounds can cater for Soccer, Rugby, Gaelic games and athletics - from recollection.
This is the kind of example that we SHOULD be following for the Tallaght 'municipal' sports stadium.
By not wanting to 'groundshare' with Gaelic Games (do Athletics not also get a chance to get a track installed here too - if not thats another huge oversight) - this is de facto roverswanting a ground (free) for themselves is it not?
under the guise of a 'community' stadium!
As for your points on county boards selling GAA grounds being similar to soccer clubs selling stadiums/grounds etc - it is similar as in these grounds are sold.
Thats where the comparison ends.
You abe being more than a bit devious by putting in the wording 'they are somehow scamming'
You want this to be the case, you are doing he media type spin on it yourself by throwing it out there into the mix, with no substantiation or proof - let alone that is not the case and most definitely untrue.
Also your implication seems to rely on the thread like premise that is
Soccer clubs and GAA clubs all got money from the gov.
Therefore if they sell their grounds they are all equal.
NO, no and a paisley-esque no again.

Soccer clubs obtained individual grants I believe - for upgrading etc of their own individual club grounds.
The GAA received gov grants of 19Million that went directly into croke park.
Now if the GAA were selling croker, you would have a case and this would be parity for your examples.
However the individual county boards are responsible for their own grounds, they raise money for these and on occasion may get grants from the GAA centrally.
This money comes from gate receipts etc - not the gov.
So you are being either disengenuois or deliberately deceitful to support your claims.
Which now on these front are quite obviously very WRONG.
If there is no record of public fundin having gone into these stadia, if there are no reports on public funding etc - then there was no public funding. You are the only person spinning anything here. Or attempting to!

So I expect you will retract your accusations and accept that when they sell off these stadia, the soccer clubs will re-imburse the Gov to the tune of the full amount of the grants received previously.

I'd like athletics track and so on installed in the tallaght stadium, but I would prefer if the GAA were to gain planning permission in rathcoole and play any Gaelic games there.