Personal Trainers

Started by The Iceman, October 28, 2016, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

I follow a few gyms around home and the amount of PTs out there is shocking. What's also shocking is that half of them have barely any experience.
One gym offering body transformations has 4 PTs on the books 2 of whom went through the body transformation in 2016 and all of a sudden are now PTs
There's also 2 gyms in Armagh showing the same girl as their success story and one gym showing the owner of the other gym as his success story.

Who is paying for these people to train them?

Any PT's on here or anyone use a PT?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Iceman on October 28, 2016, 08:50:22 PM
I follow a few gyms around home and the amount of PTs out there is shocking. What's also shocking is that half of them have barely any experience.
One gym offering body transformations has 4 PTs on the books 2 of whom went through the body transformation in 2016 and all of a sudden are now PTs
There's also 2 gyms in Armagh showing the same girl as their success story and one gym showing the owner of the other gym as his success story.

Who is paying for these people to train them?

Any PT's on here or anyone use a PT?
I would say it is in more than just Armagh but I know of 2 people who only started going to the gym less than 2 years ago and are now PTs in the Armagh area. It seems any woman or man in reasonable shape in Armagh is a PT.

The Iceman

Dont get me wrong I think there are some very qualified and capable PTs in Armagh - Barry Gordon, Tom Gribben, Mousey Dougan but I see a lot of ones with some online course for 6 months and now they're asking for crazy money for sessions and people are paying them!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

It's a big issue all over Iceman - I see it here, infact was asked to consider training a program I "graduated" from 18 months ago with little in the way of official training. I feel that I could have performed the training at a decent level (training the unconditioned to become more conditioned), but didn't want the responsibility should something go wrong.

As part of a group class I think it is relatively easy to fake it til you make it in the role of a training understudy. If you've learned enough in your own training you should know the correct form, corrective exercises and modifications to help folks. I couldn't imagine paying a newbie trainer big money though, that is pretty daft if you ask me.

Milltown Row2

Any person that has played for club and done all the relevant training would never need a PT!! Certainly there are people out there that require motivation of sorts but you can complete a PT course and train people within six weeks...

The best is having no training experience but manage to take your senior team!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

foxcommander

They're still marginally better than life coaches!
Just ask your friends/family to tell you to cop on. That should do it.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

MoChara

I've a mate that's a qualified pt after doing a 3 day course, ots scary that these people are telling others about certain exercises that they barely know anything about.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on October 28, 2016, 10:41:04 PM
I've a mate that's a qualified pt after doing a 3 day course, ots scary that these people are telling others about certain exercises that they barely know anything about.

But to be fair they know more than you and have passed the regulation exam for it!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2016, 11:11:10 PM

But to be fair they know more than you and have passed the regulation exam for it!

I've a gcse in PE I'll have you know

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on October 28, 2016, 11:16:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2016, 11:11:10 PM

I've a gcse in PE I'll have you know

Pe lol!! A Every year until they said let's fo an exam!!

Eire90

Has the gaa been infiltrated by david goggin types i see some gaa clubs now doing hell weeks.

Ethan Tremblay

interesting, more details.  Always love hearing how clubs are trying to get an edge
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

tonto1888

Lurgan is coming down with personal trainers. Make up artists also to be fair. All these PTs walking round with their iPads telling people what to do and what to eat. It has gotten ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, some are very good and knowledgable. The guys in focus for example. But others...

Eire90

Do they come  out with motivational genetic motavational quotes

Milltown Row2

There must be bigger mugs who'll hand over their dosh or follow them on insta!!