The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Your match against Luton is on http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match4.htm

you will need ti download TVants http://www.sendspace.com/file/vw4a14

then click on the link at the match and away you go.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rufus T Firefly

Where there's life there's hope!! That was a big win over the Hatters  at the week-end. Leeds should have been out of sight before the penalty - which was the worst penalty in the history of the universe!  :)

Good to see Wise inspiring from the line, i.e. holding a ball for a Luton player at a throw in, and as he goes to take it, he throws it away! A touch of class!  ::)

Leicester away tomorrow night will be tough - Southend away next week is a monster!!  :o

Ryano

Fantastic result alright. I just hope it's not a flash in the pan result.... Nice to see Wise showing more interest alright. He spent the entire match against Wednesday in the dugout with Gus on the sideline trying to motivate the players.

On the boardroom side of things i see Levi had Bates in court on saturday morning before the match over his comments in the match day programme. Two lines had to be removed from his article so the Elland road staff had to get markers and cross out the two offending lines in about 10,000 programmes! Laughable if it were not so serious. How this is helping the club morale i don't know.....

Rufus T Firefly

Leeds aren't going on a bad run at the minute - undefeated in three!  ;D Unfortunately it is not enough, particularly as the opposition are doing better!!

The Leicester draw wasn't a bad result, although the goal conceded was quite poor. The late equaliser at Southend was a life saver, and I didn't see the late incident where a penalty was denied - to be fair Dennis and Gus took it well!  ::)

Bottom line though - matches are now running out at a seriously alarming rate!  :(

shotstopper1

At last a good signing, from BBC website

Wise brings in Blackburn defender 

Gray is on his way to join Leeds
Blackburn defender Michael Gray has returned for a second loan spell with struggling Championship side Leeds.
The 32-year-old, who spent three months at Elland Road in 2005, arrives for an initial month with a view to staying until the end of the season.

Gray has not been a regular at Ewood Park this season, making just 12 first-team appearances.

Boss Dennis Wise has also extended Jemal Johnson's loan spell from Wolves until the end of the season.

Rufus T Firefly

David Healy still scoring I see!!   :-*

How important could that goal prove to be - last four games unbeaten, and as this morning, only two points of Burnely! Deserved to win last night I thought, although it was more down to hard work and determination rather than skill and a cutting edge!

Still, who cares?  ;)

HEALY - HEALY - HEALY!!

Rufus T Firefly

Another big win on Saturday, with another late goal. Could Lady Luck be starting to look kindly on Leeds? Apparently for the last twebty minutes or so Plymouth looked like the only team that would win the game! Then the winning goal itself was a bit dubious, i.e. did it cross the line or not.

First time out of the relegation zone in four months - huge match today against an in form Colchester side! Need to keep winning!

Spiritof98

1-0 up with 10 minutes to go, getting beat 2-1 in injury time and QPR score late winner ooh.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Spiritof98 on April 09, 2007, 04:53:54 PM
1-0 up with 10 minutes to go, getting beat 2-1 in injury time and QPR score late winner ooh.

That ain't half the story - Southend get a last minute winner at Deepdale - fifteen minutes ago we were on the pig's back - now finished with a run of results that couldn't have been much worse!   :'(

Billys Boots

Had that old familiar ill feeling at about 5 to 5 alright.  Jaysus.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rufus T Firefly

Leeds most recent result saw a priceless 1-0 home voctory over Burnley! From reading reports, Leeds seemed to be well on top throughout the game and were worthy victors!   ;D

That said, I have a bad feeling that it is too little too late. The remaining three fixtures are away to Southampton, home to Ipswich and away to Derby. Nine points from these three fixtures would do the bizzo, but to be honest I cannot see them getting six. The likelihood is a home win against Ipswich, but the other two games are difficult away fixtures with 1/2 points likely at best.

If the worst comes to the worst, then obvioulsy their record throughout the season has not been good enough - but I have a bad feeling that when it comes down to it, those three points thrown away at Colchester in the last eight minutes on Easter Monday will prove to be very costly!  :-[

Here's hoping for tomorrow! 

Billys Boots

I think six points might do us and they'll have to be in the first two games because Derby will be fighting like dogs on the last day to try to get an automatic promotion place.

Mourne Rover

This has been a largely unpredictable relegation fight from start to finish, with QPR, despite a financial crisis, finishing like a train, and Leicester, with a new owner and plenty of money to invest, falling like a stone. Leeds, remarkably enough, are the form team, with 14 pts from the last seven games. If everything goes our way, another four pts might just be enough. Leicester are two pts ahead of us with a better goal difference, but their confidence seems to be shattered and they have to go to both Barnsley and Preston before finsihing with a home game against Wolves. It is quite possible they will get nothing more than a point from their remaining fixtures, meaning that a draw at Southampton tomorrow and a win at home to Ipswich would do the job before we even go to Derby. With Hull also in big trouble, anything more than four pts from our last three games would seem to leave us in a very strong position. However, with Leeds there is always a twist.

Rufus T Firefly

I'm afraid Easter Monday Part II has goosed Leeds. Another rush of late goals - Southampton's winner, Hull's equaliser at Stoke and Leicester's winner effectively means that Southend are gone and it is between Leeds and Hull.

After this Saturday, I can see Leeds being out of relegation, as Leeds should beat Ipswich at home, and Hull are unlikely to beat Cardiff at Ninian Park. That leaves it down to the wire on the last day of the season - Leeds at Derby, who are pushing for automatic promotion, and Hull at home to Plymouth, which given Plymouth's recent run, would probably be a home banker!

I believe it will take six points from six to stay up, and that is unlikley given the Derby fixture!  :(

Billys Boots