TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2018, 08:02:15 PM
The first 3 episodes of Better Call Saul have been excellent.

First one was poor, last 2 been brilliant
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 23, 2018, 08:27:19 PM
Can't remember who recommended it but The Bureau is fantastic, seven episodes in and I'm absolutely gripped.
In the beginning, it was me.

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 23, 2018, 10:40:42 PM

Poor, in your opinion. Most every other BCS  critic gave it fulsome praise, "sublimely subdued" is a description I liked. The first episode is a watermark (Chuck's death) in the slow burner drama that is the transformation of Jimmy into Saul.

bennydorano

Finished the lost in space reboot on Netflix (after having given up on it a while back), good show.

nrico2006

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2018, 10:58:18 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 23, 2018, 10:40:42 PM

Poor, in your opinion. Most every other BCS  critic gave it fulsome praise, "sublimely subdued" is a description I liked. The first episode is a watermark (Chuck's death) in the slow burner drama that is the transformation of Jimmy into Saul.

Anybody who I know that watches the show was also very disappointed with the episode, especially considering that it was the first one back. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Watching Cobra Kai and it's shit but very enjoyable. Johnny Lawrence has some clinker one liners. As presumably already mentioned if Karate Kid wasn't your thing I wouldn't bother but if it was you'll likely enjoy it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Boycey

Browsing my VOD there and just discovered there's a 2nd season of Mr Mercedes.. Excellent news.

Main Street

Has anybody watched The Alienist, a 10 part tv drama based on a well regarded book by Caleb Carr?

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2018, 08:40:44 PM
Has anybody watched The Alienist, a 10 part tv drama based on a well regarded book by Caleb Carr?

Yes it was 6/7 out of 10. Very hard to watch from the start (we nearly gave up on it) but we stuck with it and, Yes it's not too bad.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Main Street

Quote from: gerrykeegan on August 29, 2018, 08:26:22 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2018, 08:40:44 PM

Yes it was 6/7 out of 10. Very hard to watch from the start (we nearly gave up on it) but we stuck with it and, Yes it's not too bad.
Thanks Gerry.

No1

All Hail King Julien on Netflix. Kids animation series with plenty for adults! Very funny.

Gabriel_Hurl

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 31, 2018, 09:44:10 PM
Ozark S2 released today
Cheers Gab. That's tomorrow night's viewing.