Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on August 15, 2018, 11:33:09 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 13, 2018, 08:25:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 13, 2018, 04:38:10 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 13, 2018, 04:12:42 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 13, 2018, 02:09:15 PM
The HBO show, Succession, is quite a good show. Slow start but gets quite good. Based on Rupert Murdoch and his family supposedly.
4 episodes in now.  It's OK.  I hate all the characters.  Probably the way it's supposed to be.
Culkin has to be the biggest dick, so annoying.

Such a hateful character. He plays the role of the w**ker to perfection.
Finished Succession and it grew into superb compelling viewing, darkly funny and disturbing in parts. Beautifully fucked up characters, glorious!

Great show. Shiv's husband Tom was some craic

lurganblue

Quote from: CD on August 20, 2018, 01:10:32 PM
Anyone attempt Disenchantment- the new Matt Groening animated show? Watched the first two episodes and it's fair to say they were 'meh'. Got a serious push by Netflix- every billboard in Ireland carrying an advert for this one!

Is it suitable for the kids to watch?

Syferus

Quote from: lurganblue on August 20, 2018, 02:19:40 PM
Anyone attempt Disenchantment- the new Matt Groening animated show? Watched the first two episodes and it's fair to say they were 'meh'. Got a serious push by Netflix- every billboard in Ireland carrying an advert for this one!

It's an adult comedy!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: lurganblue on August 20, 2018, 02:19:40 PM

No and I found out the hard way as my 7 year old used his Mother's Netflix account..
#newbridgeornowhere

lurganblue

good to know! my 9 year old was asking about it the other day.

CD

Definitely for adults that one!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: lurganblue on August 20, 2018, 09:18:02 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the Vietnam documentary by Ken Burns is really stunning.  It might take quite a while to get through it but it is certainly worth the effort.  I particularly enjoy the interviewed accounts by the combatants from both sides.  Warts and all accounts of the horrifying aspects of war.
Is this on netflix?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

lurganblue

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 20, 2018, 04:03:52 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 20, 2018, 09:18:02 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the Vietnam documentary by Ken Burns is really stunning.  It might take quite a while to get through it but it is certainly worth the effort.  I particularly enjoy the interviewed accounts by the combatants from both sides.  Warts and all accounts of the horrifying aspects of war.
Is this on netflix?

yes it's now on Netlix. Had previously been shown on BBC.

Syferus

Watching All or Nothing now and even though I have no love for City it's hard not to like Sergio Aguero. Plays the game with a smile on his face and seems a decent sort off the field too.

JimStynes

I laughed when I read some other forums feeling sorry for Aguero because he was lonely in Manchester! For £300K a week i'd happily live by myself! I'd say you'd soon get tired listening to Pep, he goes on a bit. City have a serious setup, the facilities are unbelievable.

Syferus

Quote from: JimStynes on August 21, 2018, 11:08:33 PM
I laughed when I read some other forums feeling sorry for Aguero because he was lonely in Manchester! For £300K a week i'd happily live by myself! I'd say you'd soon get tired listening to Pep, he goes on a bit. City have a serious setup, the facilities are unbelievable.

That money doesn't help you much when your entire family is a continent away and you only see your son every four weeks.

Milltown Row2

I know a few people who work for a hell of a lot less and don't see their kids much, either long hours and kids are sleeping or they wirk overseas, it's a short term problem, once he retired he'll spend more time with them. Quality time on the yacht or 6 star hotels!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Last 2 epsiodes of Better Call Saul been fantastic - they are really ramping it up now

Main Street

The first 3 episodes of Better Call Saul have been excellent.

Harold Disgracey

Can't remember who recommended it but The Bureau is fantastic, seven episodes in and I'm absolutely gripped.