Laois Minor football Championship

Started by The Monument Road, July 05, 2017, 03:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

This competition starts soon. Who are the contenders .My pick would be from this group.Port, Portlaoise, Ballyroan abbey  and maybe Josephs/Barrowhouse

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

This is the draw:

24/07/2017
(A) Ballyroan Abbey   -   vs   -   Emo Courtwood The Rock      More
(B) Portarlington   -   vs   -   Portlaoise GAA      More
(C) Sarsfields   -   vs   -   Stradbally Parish Gaels      More
(D) St Joseph's   -   vs   -   The Harps

And it is pre-determined that A plays B and C plays D in the semis. Meaning the four big hitters, B/A, Port, Plaois and Paul's will play each other before the final. No back door either.

The PRO

Quote from: Shapes Ex Laoistalk on July 05, 2017, 03:42:39 PM
This is the draw:

24/07/2017

And it is pre-determined that A plays B and C plays D in the semis. Meaning the four big hitters, B/A, Port, Plaois and Paul's will play each other before the final. No back door either.
Is there definitely no back door? Jaysus, the county board do as little as possible to give chaps games.

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: The PRO on July 06, 2017, 07:20:19 PM
Quote from: Shapes Ex Laoistalk on July 05, 2017, 03:42:39 PM
This is the draw:

24/07/2017

Is there definitely no back door? Jaysus, the county board do as little as possible to give chaps games.

No straight knock-out. The same with the U-17 championship.

El Jefe

It's a crazy setup. The players who havent been involved with the Laois teams are getting 5/6 games max all year - and then they wonder why they're losing players at this age. Some are getting even less than that.  Absolute joke

Keyser Söze

Quote from: El Jefe on July 11, 2017, 11:19:49 AM
It's a crazy setup. The players who havent been involved with the Laois teams are getting 5/6 games max all year - and then they wonder why they're losing players at this age. Some are getting even less than that.  Absolute joke

Changing the grades to U17 would bring about a major improvement in this. U17 grade could proceed throughout the year, unaffected by adult games.
At present minor games are held up by u16 games and all divisions of ACHL & ACFL & championships. Impossible to schedule a decent number of games around all of this.

BUT minor shouldn't be straight knockout.
At least they have pushed the games back a little. Last year there were preliminary rounds played 3-4 days after the leaving cert.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

I expect Joseph's and Port to win tomorrow night.
Sarsfields v SPG I don't know enough about.
In the repeat of last year's final, Ballyroan Gaels beat Emo Courtwood Rock in the league but I think the result might be reversed tomorrow night. Could be a cracking game.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on July 23, 2017, 11:04:19 PM
In the repeat of last year's final, Ballyroan Gaels beat Emo Courtwood Rock in the league but I think the result might be reversed tomorrow night. Could be a cracking game.
Sars have given a walkover.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on July 23, 2017, 11:33:57 PM
you sound like your from the posh part of Newbridge with your "Sars"

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 24, 2017, 12:34:56 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on July 23, 2017, 11:33:57 PM
you sound like your from the posh part of Newbridge with your "Sars"
I'll smash you

The Monument Road

Josephs/Barrowhouse 2-10. Harps 2-4

Those Comerford twins for the Harps are a bit special. Although a bit small in stature they can play. Over all Joes/Barrowhouse were that bit more clinical although i doubt if they will win anything. Good game though

Pablo Escobar

Are joes/house joined at minor level?

SCFC

Emo Courtwood 1-15 Ballyroan 0-8.
Something like that anyway. Big gulf in class. O'Flynn, Langford, Kinsella, Dunne all very good. Owens disappointing. Diarmuid Whelan lacked support for BA.

KOTS3

Semi Final
Emo/Courtwood/The Rock vs Joes/Barrowhouse
Port vs Strad

SCFC

Quote from: KOTS3 on July 24, 2017, 10:45:00 PM
Semi Final
Emo/Courtwood/The Rock vs Joes/Barrowhouse
Port vs Strad
Port will murder SPG.
The other semi could be closer but ECR should edge it. There was only a kick of a ball between them last year at under 17.