mc ginn and lennon

Started by bloodybreakball, January 10, 2011, 12:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodybreakball

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12146316

ejjits probably done ir, but a pile of balls all d same, i reckon niall and neil lennon recieved support and opportunities in northern ireland youth set-up which is maybe why dey play fr n. ireland, i wouldnt personally bt can understand their position. on ability surely mc ginn would bring something to d republics team

screenexile

Fuckin learn how to spell will you!!!

new devil

Banana Man

i don't know what breakball was trying to say but it's disgusting and i would say the same if it was sent to a rangers player. Has no place in any walk of life never mind sport. Paddy McCourt might feel a bit left out though  :P

AZOffaly

I have a question about this. I understand the symbolism etc, of a bullet through the post, but why were all the news media today saying the same thing?

'Thankfully the packages were intercepted before reaching their targets'?

I doubt if a bullet delivered by a postman would cause much physical harm, although the psychological element of it would obviously be scary. However, if that is the case why broadcast it on the news? You're not exactly protecting the lads from the knowledge that someone sent them a bullet in the post.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2011, 09:49:15 AM
I have a question about this. I understand the symbolism etc, of a bullet through the post, but why were all the news media today saying the same thing?

I doubt if a bullet delivered by a postman would cause much physical harm, although the psychological element of it would obviously be scary. However, if that is the case why broadcast it on the news? You're not exactly protecting the lads from the knowledge that someone sent them a bullet in the post.

You're next :P 

Banana Man

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2011, 09:49:15 AM

I know what your saying AZ but I would suspect the police would have to inform the 2 lads that bullets were intercepted on route to them, I know i would want to know if they had been sent, therefore they already know so why not make it public, it's the sort of neolithic behaviour from OWC fans that needs highlighted, especially against their failing 'football for all' programme.

The fact is and remains, NI FC is exactly that, a football club, not a country and you choose to support it, nationalists (the majority anyway) still can't and won't and will support RoI....

AZOffaly

Were they sent by NI fans? I never heard that. I assumed it was Rangers fans.

I understand what you're saying, I just found the choice of words by *all* the media I heard strange. Why is it thankful that the bullets were intercepted? They made it sound like someone threw themselves in front of the envelopes.

ziggysego

AZ, you'll be a long time looking for logic and sense, from the people behind this.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

ziggy. I know that. I'm more interested in the logic and sense behind the media reporting. It's almost as if there was a wish to sensationalise the incident. Perish the thought.

ziggysego

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2011, 10:05:10 AM
ziggy. I know that. I'm more interested in the logic and sense behind the media reporting. It's almost as if there was a wish to sensationalise the incident. Perish the thought.

Simple, sells papers.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 09:26:21 AM
i don't know what breakball was trying to say but it's disgusting and i would say the same if it was sent to a rangers player. Has no place in any walk of life never mind sport. Paddy McCourt might feel a bit left out though  :P

Perhaps they think Paddy McCourt does more damage to OWC when he is on the first eleven, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Banana Man

Quote from: Orior on January 10, 2011, 10:23:26 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 09:26:21 AM

Perhaps they think Paddy McCourt does more damage to OWC when he is on the first eleven, lol

That's the new appraisal for nationalists playing for owc, if you have a stinker you don't get a bullet in the post  :D

quit yo jibbajabba

anyone else sad that big fearon didnt start this thread??

Evil Genius

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 09:56:24 AMit's the sort of neolithic behaviour from OWC fans that needs highlighted, especially against their failing 'football for all' programme.
Seven posts in?

I suppose we should hail that as "progress" of sorts, since I had guessed it would only take 2 or 3 before someone came up with that sort of garbage.

Still, since you seem to know something of the identity of the perpetrators of this vile act, can you further enlighten this lifelong OWC fan as to why some of my fellow fans should want to threaten Niall McGinn? For from my own personal experience, I have always observed him to be amongst the most popular players in the entire team, cheered every time he takes the pitch in our colours.

As recently as October, Niall was quoted as follows:
"Anytime I have come on at Windsor Park I have enjoyed it and the fans have been great as well. I just love playing at Windsor Park and I just have to make the most of any opportunity that I might get."
Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/niall-mcginn-desperate-to-play-part-in-northern-irelands-doubleheader-14969688.html#ixzz1Ad4IDVm7

Similarly, can you explain why NI fans should threaten one Celtic manager from NI (Neil Lennon), whilst consistently wishing that another Celtic manager from NI (Martin O'Neill) might some day get the NI job?

And as has been pointed out elsewhere, why was Paddy McCourt also not targeted, if NI fans have it in for anyone to do with Celtic?

Speaking as someone who doubtless has more insight than you into the thinking of NI football fans specifically and the NI Unionist community generally, I suspect it is not coincidence that this occurred a couple of days after Celtic beat Rangers in an Old firm game. And from what I know of the most rabid of Rangers fans in NI (i.e. the type who might do such a thing), they often don't even follow the NI team, what with it playing in green and white and being "full of Fenians and Celts" etc.

Therefore whoever did this is no part of us (i.e. NI fans). Rather when they do this, they are actually attacking a part of us (i.e. our past and present players).

Meanwhile, the mindset of those casual observers like you, who immediately jump to offensive and bigoted conclusions when ascribing blame etc, is hardly much more advanced than that of the "neolithic" vermin who made the threats in the first place... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"