mc ginn and lennon

Started by bloodybreakball, January 10, 2011, 12:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Orior on January 10, 2011, 10:23:26 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 09:26:21 AM
i don't know what breakball was trying to say but it's disgusting and i would say the same if it was sent to a rangers player. Has no place in any walk of life never mind sport. Paddy McCourt might feel a bit left out though  :P

Perhaps they think Paddy McCourt does more damage to OWC when he is on the first eleven, lol

That's the new appraisal for nationalists playing for owc, if you have a stinker you don't get a bullet in the post  :D
And if you knew anything about it, you'd know that Paddy McCourt was NI's best player in his most recent appearance (friendly draw v Morocco).

Which is why the concensus is that he should now be given a place in the starting XI for our forthcoming competitive games, rather than just a place on the bench (or even left out entirely).

Still, I suppose we should put your comment down to "just a bit of craic", on a par with the likes of this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CELTIC-KEYRING-PADDY-McCOURT-FENIAN-ARMY-NEIL-LENNON-/180586112231
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stibhan

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 11:51:09 AM
i don't know what breakball was trying to say but it's disgusting and i would say the same if it was sent to a rangers player. Has no place in any walk of life never mind sport. Paddy McCourt might feel a bit left out though  :P

Perhaps they think Paddy McCourt does more damage to OWC when he is on the first eleven, lol

That's the new appraisal for nationalists playing for owc, if you have a stinker you don't get a bullet in the post  :D
And if you knew anything about it, you'd know that Paddy McCourt was NI's best player in his most recent appearance (friendly draw v Morocco).

Which is why the concensus is that he should now be given a place in the starting XI for our forthcoming competitive games, rather than just a place on the bench (or even left out entirely).

Still, I suppose we should put your comment down to "just a bit of craic", on a par with the likes of this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CELTIC-KEYRING-PADDY-McCOURT-FENIAN-ARMY-NEIL-LENNON-/180586112231

I'm not sure what you're trying to place 'on a par with', but I'd prefer being sent a UVF keyring than a bullet in the post anyday.

Banana Man

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 11:36:12 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 09:56:24 AMit's the sort of neolithic behaviour from OWC fans that needs highlighted, especially against their failing 'football for all' programme.
Seven posts in?

I suppose we should hail that as "progress" of sorts, since I had guessed it would only take 2 or 3 before someone came up with that sort of garbage.

Still, since you seem to know something of the identity of the perpetrators of this vile act, can you further enlighten this lifelong OWC fan as to why some of my fellow fans should want to threaten Niall McGinn? For from my own personal experience, I have always observed him to be amongst the most popular players in the entire team, cheered every time he takes the pitch in our colours.

As recently as October, Niall was quoted as follows:
"Anytime I have come on at Windsor Park I have enjoyed it and the fans have been great as well. I just love playing at Windsor Park and I just have to make the most of any opportunity that I might get."
Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/niall-mcginn-desperate-to-play-part-in-northern-irelands-doubleheader-14969688.html#ixzz1Ad4IDVm7

Similarly, can you explain why NI fans should threaten one Celtic manager from NI (Neil Lennon), whilst consistently wishing that another Celtic manager from NI (Martin O'Neill) might some day get the NI job?

And as has been pointed out elsewhere, why was Paddy McCourt also not targeted, if NI fans have it in for anyone to do with Celtic?

Speaking as someone who doubtless has more insight than you into the thinking of NI football fans specifically and the NI Unionist community generally, I suspect it is not coincidence that this occurred a couple of days after Celtic beat Rangers in an Old firm game. And from what I know of the most rabid of Rangers fans in NI (i.e. the type who might do such a thing), they often don't even follow the NI team, what with it playing in green and white and being "full of Fenians and Celts" etc.

Therefore whoever did this is no part of us (i.e. NI fans). Rather when they do this, they are actually attacking a part of us (i.e. our past and present players).

Meanwhile, the mindset of those casual observers like you, who immediately jump to offensive and bigoted conclusions when ascribing blame etc, is hardly much more advanced than that of the "neolithic" vermin who made the threats in the first place... ::)

I'll tell you what would be progress, you coming out and saying whoever did this was wrong, no if's but's, what about's, just say you roundly condemn the perpetrators and are disgusted by their actions. But no, that would take away from your petty point scoring exercise.

You really are a sad sad excuse for a football fan. Explain why my post is garbage, it came from a 'rangers fan' based in NI. It doesn't take an FBI profiler to work out he also supports (and i use the term loosely) OWC.

I'll tell you why they want O'Neill, because he's a very good manager and might actually improve their statelet's representatives, surely that concept isn't too difficult for you to understand. Good lad, try and keep up

and because you obviously can't read, it was me who pointed out about mccourt, no go crawl back under whatever 17th century rock you were sleeping under  :-*

BennyHarp

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 12:32:30 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 09:56:24 AMit's the sort of neolithic behaviour from OWC fans that needs highlighted, especially against their failing 'football for all' programme.
Seven posts in?

I suppose we should hail that as "progress" of sorts, since I had guessed it would only take 2 or 3 before someone came up with that sort of garbage.

Still, since you seem to know something of the identity of the perpetrators of this vile act, can you further enlighten this lifelong OWC fan as to why some of my fellow fans should want to threaten Niall McGinn? For from my own personal experience, I have always observed him to be amongst the most popular players in the entire team, cheered every time he takes the pitch in our colours.

"Anytime I have come on at Windsor Park I have enjoyed it and the fans have been great as well. I just love playing at Windsor Park and I just have to make the most of any opportunity that I might get."
Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/niall-mcginn-desperate-to-play-part-in-northern-irelands-doubleheader-14969688.html#ixzz1Ad4IDVm7

Similarly, can you explain why NI fans should threaten one Celtic manager from NI (Neil Lennon), whilst consistently wishing that another Celtic manager from NI (Martin O'Neill) might some day get the NI job?

And as has been pointed out elsewhere, why was Paddy McCourt also not targeted, if NI fans have it in for anyone to do with Celtic?

Speaking as someone who doubtless has more insight than you into the thinking of NI football fans specifically and the NI Unionist community generally, I suspect it is not coincidence that this occurred a couple of days after Celtic beat Rangers in an Old firm game. And from what I know of the most rabid of Rangers fans in NI (i.e. the type who might do such a thing), they often don't even follow the NI team, what with it playing in green and white and being "full of Fenians and Celts" etc.

Therefore whoever did this is no part of us (i.e. NI fans). Rather when they do this, they are actually attacking a part of us (i.e. our past and present players).

Meanwhile, the mindset of those casual observers like you, who immediately jump to offensive and bigoted conclusions when ascribing blame etc, is hardly much more advanced than that of the "neolithic" vermin who made the threats in the first place... ::)

I'll tell you what would be progress, you coming out and saying whoever did this was wrong, no if's but's, what about's, just say you roundly condemn the perpetrators and are disgusted by their actions. But no, that would take away from your petty point scoring exercise.

You really are a sad sad excuse for a football fan. Explain why my post is garbage, it came from a 'rangers fan' based in NI. It doesn't take an FBI profiler to work out he also supports (and i use the term loosely) OWC.

I'll tell you why they want O'Neill, because he's a very good manager and might actually improve their statelet's representatives, surely that concept isn't too difficult for you to understand. Good lad, try and keep up

and because you obviously can't read, it was me who pointed out about mccourt, no go crawl back under whatever 17th century rock you were sleeping under  :-*

I thought the post from Evil Genius was a pretty fair assessment of the situation to be honest!
That was never a square ball!!

Franko

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 10, 2011, 12:39:30 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 12:32:30 PM
Seven posts in?

I thought the post from Evil Genius was a pretty fair assessment of the situation to be honest!

I also thought he wasn't too far off the mark until he brought up the keyring.   At that point it became another pathetic point scoring exercise.

ziggysego

Quote from: Franko on January 10, 2011, 12:53:38 PM
I also thought he wasn't too far off the mark until he brought up the keyring.   At that point it became another pathetic point scoring exercise.

+1
Testing Accessibility

Myles Na G.

'I'll tell you what would be progress, you coming out and saying whoever did this was wrong, no if's but's, what about's, just say you roundly condemn the perpetrators and are disgusted by their actions.'

This might be a wild stab in the dark here, but I'm thinking that EG's use of the term 'neolithic vermin' tells you what he thinks of the perpetrators.  ;)

Evil Genius

Quote from: stibhan on January 10, 2011, 12:10:54 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to place 'on a par with', but I'd prefer being sent a UVF keyring than a bullet in the post anyday.
The point of my post was twofold:
1. That with his wee smilie etc, Bananaman seemed to think his comment on Paddy McC was "humourous", just like eg the designer of the Paddy McC keyring (presumably) thinks himself funny.
At the risk of appearing po-faced, I personally don't see either as being funny. Nor would Paddy, I suspect.
2. Far from having a "stinker", Paddy was actually rather excellent in his last appearance for NI.
Which only goes to show that Bananaman knows as much about NI's players as he does about our fans.

P.S. I'd much prefer the keyring to the bullet, too.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 10, 2011, 02:02:30 PM
Quote from: stibhan on January 10, 2011, 12:10:54 PM

The point of my post was twofold:
1. That with his wee smilie etc, Bananaman seemed to think his comment on Paddy McC was "humourous", just like eg the designer of the Paddy McC keyring (presumably) thinks himself funny.
At the risk of appearing po-faced, I personally don't see either as being funny. Nor would Paddy, I suspect.
2. Far from having a "stinker", Paddy was actually rather excellent in his last appearance for NI.
Which only goes to show that Bananaman knows as much about NI's players as he does about our fans.

P.S. I'd much prefer the keyring to the bullet, too.

I'd prefer either of them to the Gas bill I got in the post this morning
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 12:32:30 PMI'll tell you what would be progress, you coming out and saying whoever did this was wrong, no if's but's, what about's, just say you roundly condemn the perpetrators and are disgusted by their actions. But no, that would take away from your petty point scoring exercise.
I had hoped that describing the threats as a "vile act" would have made my position on this crystal clear. Or when I posted the following:
"Therefore whoever did this is no part of us (i.e. NI fans). Rather when they do this, they are actually attacking a part of us (i.e. our past and present players)".
But just so as there be no confusion on your part, I am more than happy to state that this was "wrong, no ifs [or] buts", to "roundly condemn the perpertrators" and agree that their actions are "disgusting".
In fact, I will gladly go further and state that any decent person who knows anything about who did this should immediately inform the PSNI, so that the verminous thugs may be locked up for a long, long time.
Indeed, I would wholeheartedly apply the same sentiments to the cnuts who eg attacked a GAA club in Portglenone at the weekend.

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 12:32:30 PMYou really are a sad sad excuse for a football fan. Explain why my post is garbage, it came from a 'rangers fan' based in NI. It doesn't take an FBI profiler to work out he also supports (and i use the term loosely) OWC.
I have already pointed out that Niall is universally liked and appreciated by the NI fans, as the player himself confirms.
Therefore why would any fan cheer him at Windsor one minute, then threaten him the next?
Whereas it is equally well known that there is a strand amongst extreme "Loyalism" which refuses to support the NI team because they are "too Fenian"/"not British enough".
Which fcukwittery explains why, for instance, Johnny Adair has been seen wearing an England football top, or Billy Hutchinson said he wanted England to win, even when they played NI (2005).
Such scumbags are invariably also Rangers fans, hence my suspicion that it is not coincidental that these threats followed immediately after an Old Firm game, rather than an NI game.

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 12:32:30 PMI'll tell you why they want O'Neill, because he's a very good manager and might actually improve their statelet's representatives, surely that concept isn't too difficult for you to understand. Good lad, try and keep up
So NI fans are prepared to overlook MON's Celtic links because he would make an excellent NI manager, but are not prepared to overlook Niall's links, despite the fact that he is an excellent NI winger?
And were prepared to overlook Paddy Mccourt entirely (other than calling for him to get in the team against Morocco, despite his not actually having done much for NI previously)?
Yeah, that figures... ::)

Quote from: Banana Man on January 10, 2011, 12:32:30 PMand because you obviously can't read, it was me who pointed out about mccourt, no go crawl back under whatever 17th century rock you were sleeping under  :-*
The original post referred only to Lennon and McGinn. I replied with reference to them only in my post #14.
In the meantime, you brought up the subject of Paddy McCourt. I replied to that separately (in my post #15).

P.S. All the rocks near me considerably pre-date the 17th Century, by several million years in fact.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

BennyHarp

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2011, 12:56:55 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 10, 2011, 12:53:38 PM

+1

Actually, i didnt even notice it was him that posted about the keyring - i didnt look whose name it was and probably thought that nobody was likely to post twice in a row on a thread! What a pity - just when i thought a reasonably sensible post had been made!
That was never a square ball!!

Doogie Browser

what a load of oul twaddle, debating over who is more angered, fcuk sake!
It was a couple of brain dead neanderthals (or one  ;))who posted the bullets, just shows you them nosey hoors at Royal Mail are always sneaking round our post!

mylestheslasher

Whats all the arguing about here. Everyone is agreed - some inbred scumbags posted bullets to NI footballers because they are catholic and/or play for Celtic. Not sure what the debate is about?

Orior

There is an article in today's Belfast Telegraph about Lennon which clearly shows that the campaign again Neill was more than a couple of blokes with 10 pence pieces.

The paper lists many examples from the six counties, Scotland and even Norway when the entire set of OWC fans booed him. Others include effigies on bonfires, hangman painted on walls, being driven off the road and insults to girlfriends.

Maybe Evil Genius can can explain how a small number of bad apples can get around so much?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Worker

Quote from: Orior on January 10, 2011, 09:23:39 PM
There is an article in today's Belfast Telegraph about Lennon which clearly shows that the campaign again Neill was more than a couple of blokes with 10 pence pieces.

The paper lists many examples from the six counties, Scotland and even Norway when the entire set of OWC fans booed him. Others include effigies on bonfires, hangman painted on walls, being driven off the road and insults to girlfriends.

Maybe Evil Genius can can explain how a small number of bad apples can get around so much?

Dont forget to mention Holly, aged 8, from kent!