Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Big weekend ahead for our senior footballers. All roads lead to Portlaoise for early throw in due to dual header there. Laois were hot favourites at 4/9 to win the league, so we will know where we stand on Sunday evening. They will be hot favourites to beat us on their own patch but weve won our last two against them and hopefully we can make it three in a row because if you go by their discussion thread a few of them obviously don't rate us.

bannside

Match off.

Just my luck. Booked into Bellinteer House in Meath for a family function on Saturday and would have woken up on Sunday about an hour from Portlaoise. On the plus side....gives Niall Mc Keever an extra week or two to recover.

Belfast GAA man

Still no sign of the club fixtures for the year?

themac_23

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 03, 2018, 02:04:47 PM

Not as yet, very late as I said earlier this day last year div 3 was beginning so the fixtures were probably out say middle of Feb last year. I'd say they are with clubs at the min. Maybe the div 1a 1b thing is jays holding it up? Heard leagues are pencilled to start 18th April or around that but wouldn't take that as gospel m

country bumpkin

So we will now travel to Laois Easter weekend after Carlow and Llmerick games.....suits us I think :)

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: themac_23 on March 04, 2018, 10:11:23 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on March 03, 2018, 02:04:47 PM

Not as yet, very late as I said earlier this day last year div 3 was beginning so the fixtures were probably out say middle of Feb last year. I'd say they are with clubs at the min. Maybe the div 1a 1b thing is jays holding it up? Heard leagues are pencilled to start 18th April or around that but wouldn't take that as gospel m
update on county guestbook on the fixtures but still no fixtures. County teams holding up club fixtures probably?

BrendanAntrim

The fixture re scheduling could be a lucky roll of the dice for us. With two difficult games to come against table toppers, I'd sooner be at home first and hopefully put points in the bag before travelling. Laois on the Saturday of that weekend would be nice wee trip too.

Belfast GAA man

11th March and still no club fixtures/dates for leagues that start in April!
Can't see this happening in any other county...............

Catch and Kick

Crunch time in Division 4. Home venue should swing it v Carlow, although the long delay from the London game isn't ideal preparation

BrendanAntrim

Think its a massive challenge. They have won 5 in a row and will be full of confidence, and they set up in the most claustrophobic non football style imaginable. But, with some good fortune and a performance built on discipline, I think we can win this and blow open the finish to this division. Ultimately we have better players than they do and can get more scores at one end and shut them out at the other. Everything right now remains in our own hands.

Give and Go

Antrim have possibly the best defensive record in the four divisions and have yet to concede a goal.
Their ability to turn defence into attack is impressive as they break with so much pace.
I'd fancy their chances of topping the group - especially with their good record against Laois in recent times.

Galer

Think brendanantrim is more realistic than give and go.i actually think there build up could be quicker.but the way pmcbride and a few others is playin they have a good chance.hope burke is a wee bit fitter

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Galer on March 14, 2018, 09:50:12 PM
Think brendanantrim is more realistic than give and go.i actually think there build up could be quicker.but the way pmcbride and a few others is playin they have a good chance.hope burke is a wee bit fitter

You saying Burkey is unfit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Is the Antrim SFC run as a straight knockout this year, has the draw been made yet?

Give and Go

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2018, 10:08:07 PM
Quote from: Galer on March 14, 2018, 09:50:12 PM

You saying Burkey is unfit?
Carrying a bit of timber!