Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2018, 06:39:08 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 21, 2018, 08:14:34 AM
championship starts this weekend for real now. any predicitions?

Dunlop have been the stand out team all year. It's their championship to loose.

hardly say that now. They have drew games, lost once and won games only just at times. we have played decent enough at times but at the same time just got over the line in some of them.

Im hopeful we can get the win on sat but its going to be a tough match. Cushendall at home are very hard to beat and in a championship game it will be even harder. Wont be much in in either way.
hurl like f**k boi!

Gold

Embarrassing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUCwq2mDFw 

A hard and depressing watch and listen

Casement's and Antrim/Belfast's demise played out on National Airwaves
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ciaran1988

I'd fancy Dunloy for this years championship again, think they have the right balance of youth and experience. Their game on Saturday with Cushendall won't have much meaning as it will be a game of shadow boxing as both teams will beat Sarsfields handily and qualify for the semis. Watson will be a big miss for Loughgiel after another injury does anyone know how bad it is and is he rules out for long?

Jesusjones

Can someone confirm or correct me on the following? Senior championship,regardless of whether you finish 1st in the group you could still be drawn against the 1st placed team in the other group? 

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2018, 02:29:59 PM
Can someone confirm or correct me on the following? Senior championship,regardless of whether you finish 1st in the group you could still be drawn against the 1st placed team in the other group?

As far as I know its an open draw after the group stages. So Cushendall could play Dunloy again in the semi if they qualify.

Jesusjones

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 23, 2018, 08:28:00 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2018, 06:39:08 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 21, 2018, 08:14:34 AM
championship starts this weekend for real now. any predicitions?

Dunlop have been the stand out team all year. It's their championship to loose.

hardly say that now. They have drew games, lost once and won games only just at times. we have played decent enough at times but at the same time just got over the line in some of them.

Im hopeful we can get the win on sat but its going to be a tough match. Cushendall at home are very hard to beat and in a championship game it will be even harder. Wont be much in in either way.

League tables doesn't lie DR. https://antrim.gaa.ie/fixtures/achl-division-1-1
Lost 1 game to Rossa at the very start of the year. Your loss to ourselves in the feis shouldn't even be discussed. Both teams short a lot of players and no real reflection on either team. Lifted U-21 again this year as well. Time to start dealing with the reality that you boys are the top dogs in the county DR. Nobody is buying the act!!  ;D ;D

Sweeper 123

JJ you are a laugh - dunloy are the clear favourites, League table doesnt lie - did Dunloy win the league last year?

At ht last year you looked like the winners only to be caught sleeping in the first 12mins of the 2nd half and yep they blew you away; While dunloy might win on sat, with Neil and a few others missing on your side - i would still put you lot as favourites; You have now a few younger players bedded into the team and should be better prepared to deal with the movement of the Dunloy inside forward line but who knows time will tell - I think Cdall are the favourites but then again so where Galway.

ciaran1988

Is Neil out injured or just sitting it out Sweeper?

Jesusjones

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on August 23, 2018, 02:59:21 PM
JJ you are a laugh - dunloy are the clear favourites, League table doesnt lie - did Dunloy win the league last year?

At ht last year you looked like the winners only to be caught sleeping in the first 12mins of the 2nd half and yep they blew you away; While dunloy might win on sat, with Neil and a few others missing on your side - i would still put you lot as favourites; You have now a few younger players bedded into the team and should be better prepared to deal with the movement of the Dunloy inside forward line but who knows time will tell - I think Cdall are the favourites but then again so where Galway.

I agree with you on one thing, this Saturday's game is an utter irrelevance. Your comparison of ourselves and Galway is a bit daft. Maybe it's the maroon shirts? Galway won the All Ireland last year (Dunloy won the county championship last year), Galway were the form team this year (Dunloy are the form team in Antrim this year). Yes we have a few new youngsters in this year but unproven at championship level. Where as from 1-15 Dunloy have players who have a proven championship pedigree. Do Dunloy not like being the best in the county at the moment or what?   

Sweeper 123

Quote from: ciaran1988 on August 23, 2018, 03:05:28 PM
Is Neil out injured or just sitting it out Sweeper?

Hes suspended I believe - serving a one match ban from last year

Sweeper 123

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2018, 03:07:33 PM

I agree with you on one thing, this Saturday's game is an utter irrelevance. Your comparison of ourselves and Galway is a bit daft. Maybe it's the maroon shirts? Galway won the All Ireland last year (Dunloy won the county championship last year), Galway were the form team this year (Dunloy are the form team in Antrim this year). Yes we have a few new youngsters in this year but unproven at championship level. Where as from 1-15 Dunloy have players who have a proven championship pedigree. Do Dunloy not like being the best in the county at the moment or what?   

JJ I was only comparing Cdall with Galway as both being the favourites for the Cship nothing else - in my opinion

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2018, 03:07:33 PM

Dont mind being the favourites if people want to call us that  ;)

to be honest i never expected us to win it last year at all so it was a welcome surprise to lift it when we did. At HT i thought we were in big bother as Cdall were winning the battles all over the pitch. the second half was, well, out of the blue.

This year we have been steadily going along well enough. we are winning games but like i said before its only just winning them.

put it this way, come sat i wouldnt want to bet my wages on us winning as i see it as a 50/50 game.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

i cant see the draw being open at all for the semi finals. makes no sense to have the same teams face each other again.

i thought it was 1st v 2nd in the opposite groups in each case? otherwise whats the point
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

That way would make sense Dunloy Realist but its an open draw as was stated at the county board meeting when the draw was made. It's a daft decision as usual from our county board

saffron123

Nearly sure you can only be drawn against a team that qualified from the other group... So if loughgiel qualify they can get dunloy or cushendall in the semi final if they both qualify. cant draw a team from the same group.