Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 04:14:49 PM
Quote from: mouview on March 12, 2019, 04:10:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 04:06:42 PM
If a General Election is called it's Corbyn + 2nd Referendum v. New Tory leader and possible No Deal Brexit. My personal hope is that the Tories once again overestimate the strength of their hand, blame May and go for the election. I could see many who don't like Corbyn voting for Labour in order to get a second referendum....mitigating his "polarising" nature. Potentially interesting times ahead.

More likely is that the Tories realise this, f**k over the DUP and accept the deal.

Still unlikely to have the numbers though. Most likely the new Independent Group will also vote the deal down and Labour rebels would be mortally afraid of the whip this time and vote on party lines.

Lynchboy, forget about reunification, Bertie Ahern said a while back it would bankrupt us trying to support them.

Reunification is going to happen. It's only a matter of when. Brexit is speeding it up.

What is you analysis of NI being inside the Eu and it's overwhelmingly largest market being outside the EU?

imtommygunn

Quote from: LCohen on March 16, 2019, 02:08:06 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 12, 2019, 02:38:28 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 02:12:17 PM
DUP say they can't support it. Also heard the 1922 committee are saying there needs to be an immediate General election if May doesn't succeed in getting her deal through tonight (which she won't).

May isn't leading them into another GE so who gets it?? Boris!!?? Jesus wept!

They'll have to extend article 50 to allow for a GE surely?

Boris wants it but too many don't trust him. Also there is a history there that the press would rip apart

Gove wants it but too many likely front benchers distrust him. They would all serve Liddington but he lacks the charisma to win a GE

Hunt would be the man they back

Jesus that is some set of choices. Least worst springs to mind but most certainly not good.

LCohen

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 12, 2019, 04:20:58 PM

Any reunification would be subsidised by British gov and EU for a good number of years.

We are currently going through the pain associated with letting a load of little englanders away with spouting a load of crap about life after Brexit without forcing them to evidence before the vote.

We need to make sure little irelanders dont try to get away with the same trick in any future UI referenda.

The deal with the generous benefactors would have to be copper fastened before the vote

Solo_run

DUP say they can't support it. Also heard the 1922 committee are saying there needs to be an immediate General election if May doesn't succeed in getting her deal through tonight (which she won't).

Boris wants it but too many don't trust him. Also there is a history there that the press would rip apart

Gove wants it but too many likely front benchers distrust him. They would all serve Liddington but he lacks the charisma to win a GE

He might get some support within but universally he is hated.

LCohen

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2019, 01:30:20 PM

I don't think Grieve or Ken Clarke will vote for the deal

Why do you think Clarke won't vote for it?

LCohen

Quote from: Solo_run on March 14, 2019, 05:48:57 PM
I have as much dislike for Corbyn as I do May.

Why?

LCohen

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 14, 2019, 07:40:07 PM
Lemme get this straight. Labour's leadership instructed the party to abstain on whether to run a second referendum? What's Corbyn playing at?

The official people's vote campaign wanted all parties to abstain if the vote wasn't pulled. Labour were the only opposition leadership to get that memo.

Toured had the votes to win. Only way to get the vote through is to break the story payroll on the issue and that wasn't going to happen. And still the SNP etc ploughed on. Surely the questions need to be asked of them??

LCohen

Quote from: Solo_run on March 16, 2019, 02:25:37 PM

He might get some support within but universally he is hated.

The first thing would be to hold their party together and enforce discipline. He would do that. Can't see the voters taking to him but at the moment that is almost secondary. Next GE will be which party can hold  it together not necessarily the appeal of the leader

trailer

Quote from: LCohen on March 16, 2019, 02:35:11 PM

Why?

Corbyn is a looney. He's living in a communist fantasy. He's in favour of high taxes and he's anti business. He also hates the EU. That's enough for me to wish he gets run over by a f**king bus. A grade one arsehole.

Dire Ear

..........Trash

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2019, 04:23:00 PM

Why?

Corbyn is a looney. He's living in a communist fantasy. He's in favour of high taxes and he's anti business. He also hates the EU. That's enough for me to wish he gets run over by a f**king bus. A grade one arsehole.
neoliberalism is dying. Corbyn wants a new system.
It would even work for people like you.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LCohen

Quote from: trailer on March 16, 2019, 04:23:00 PM

Why?

What was your view on the Labour GE manifesto? Which bits did you think were communist fantasy

Judging by the rest of your post you strike me as a particularly poor example of humanity. But I wish you well. Hopefully things will turn around for you

Rossfan

How stands this now after yesterday's ruling by the Speaker of the House of Eejits?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

NAG1

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2019, 09:53:33 AM
How stands this now after yesterday's ruling by the Speaker of the House of Eejits?

Basically they will have to work some under hand dealings in the house of commons to get a new session in place so that she can out her deal back to MPs.

Or go for a delay on Brexit.

mouview

Almost by default there's going to be a delay now, how long for, we'll know more after EU summit meeting later in the week. Based on that, May might have another go at her agreement (MV3) next week, claiming that something has materially changed to it. If *that's* defeated, then it's anyone's guess. Probably a longer delay, maybe hold EU elections, maybe a GE, perhaps even MV4. As I've said previously, anything that delays it for as long as possible is a good thing.

Don't you just love Bercow? A Remainer, he's refused to be cowed by any side, and is playing strictly by the rules. Almost certainly he'll be knifed in the back if Brexit is ever sorted out, and may not get a seat in the House of Lords which Speakers usually receive. It doesn't bother him a whit. That Brexiteer utter numpty Andrea Leadsom hates him.