Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Three opening round matches this Sunday.

Westmeath V Wicklow O'Moore Park 3.30pm
Carlow v Wexford Wexford Park 2:30pm
Longford v Meath Pearse Park 3pm

Quarter finals on the 13th/14th of April

Kildare v Westmeath/Wicklow
Louth v Carlow/Wexford
Dublin v Longford/Meath
Offaly v Laois

Semi finals
Kildare/Westmeath/Wicklow v Louth/Carlow/Wexford
Dublin/Longford/Meath v Offaly/Laois
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Westmeath and Louth will be an interesting semi if both get there. Is there any scenario Louth will be out of Sam? Westmeath will be looking to reach the final obviously. 

It'd be a decent competition this if the Dubs weren't in it.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 01, 2024, 09:31:23 PMWestmeath and Louth will be an interesting semi if both get there. Is there any scenario Louth will be out of Sam? Westmeath will be looking to reach the final obviously. 

It'd be a decent competition this if the Dubs weren't in it.

If Louth fail to make a provincial final and Down make the Ulster Final.

That would put Louth more than likely into the Tailteann Cup.

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PMThree opening round matches this Sunday.

Louth v Carlow/Wexford
Dublin v Longford/Meath
Offaly v Laois

Semi finals

Have they decided on a venue if Dublin v Meath transpires?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

Longford vs Dublin will be in Longford. Meath vs Dublin will be in Croker as far as I know.

I think we're too strong for Longford and we have a more settled team now than last year. Having a crack at the Dubs will be good for these young lads to prove themselves. After that they'll have a taste of what the levels needs to be for All Ireland success.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Derryman forever

Quote from: thejuice on April 02, 2024, 06:05:43 PMLongford vs Dublin will be in Longford. Meath vs Dublin will be in Croker as far as I know.

I think we're too strong for Longford and we have a more settled team now than last year. Having a crack at the Dubs will be good for these young lads to prove themselves. After that they'll have a taste of what the levels needs to be for All Ireland success.

Do you think Meath have improved much since last year?

thejuice

Quote from: Derryman forever on April 02, 2024, 06:15:51 PM
Quote from: thejuice on April 02, 2024, 06:05:43 PMLongford vs Dublin will be in Longford. Meath vs Dublin will be in Croker as far as I know.

Enough to beat Longford anyway.

If we play smart against the Dubs and don't give the ball away needlessly we might stay with them for an hour but we need everyone back from injury and performing at our best. We rattled them in 2021 but haven't got back to that level since.

If we play to our typical league form we'll be steam rolled.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Derryman forever

Quote from: thejuice on April 02, 2024, 08:03:21 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on April 02, 2024, 06:15:51 PM

Enough to beat Longford anyway.

If we play smart against the Dubs and don't give the ball away needlessly we might stay with them for an hour but we need everyone back from injury and performing at our best. We rattled them in 2021 but haven't got back to that level since.

If we play to our typical league form we'll be steam rolled.

I have noticed that They seem to have become more defensive in their 2nd year under o'Rourke.
His experiment of  90s style football appears to have been abandoned.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2024, 10:17:38 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PMThree opening round matches this Sunday.

Louth v Carlow/Wexford
Dublin v Longford/Meath
Offaly v Laois

Semi finals

Have they decided on a venue if Dublin v Meath transpires?
It should be on in a Kepak meat factory

Muck Savage

Are the Dubs any good this year?
Offaly Meath would be an entertaining semi.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Muck Savage on April 03, 2024, 05:43:41 AMAre the Dubs any good this year?
Offaly Meath would be an entertaining semi.

Not great, they couldn't get past one of them ould nordie teams the other day.

imtommygunn

I fancy Laois to beat Offaly. Offaly no great this year.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 03, 2024, 08:45:38 AMI fancy Laois to beat Offaly. Offaly no great this year.

Offaly have failed to push on with the U20's.

Looks like it will be a false dawn.

imtommygunn

It's not that many years ago they won that though. (However I think the ones who are hurlers too will likely choose hurling)

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 03, 2024, 09:17:34 AMIt's not that many years ago they won that though. (However I think the ones who are hurlers too will likely choose hurling)

Is hurling the bigger game in Offaly though?

Always thought Offaly was more of a football county but not by a massive majority. A bit like Laois or Carlow.