10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Atticus_Finch

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: shawshank on April 25, 2018, 09:34:45 AM
Quote from: call it as i see it on April 25, 2018, 08:32:59 AM
Quote from: shawshank on April 23, 2018, 03:26:00 PM
A seriously valuable points yesterday to get us kick started. I was depressed for a while but yesterday gave me hope. Did any of you see the Irish Star and Fergal P McCusker's views on Derry.

Its a bad sign when you pay a manager £20,000 and call it a good day when you scrape past a very poor Kilrea team by 2 points and then struggle with a very poor Claudy side. i wonder will it be another good Monday with two points this week?

You have me by the short and curlys, wtf are you talking about?

Wee Dan Joe said to me back in the 70s, it might have been the 80s, well it was one or the other anyway. He said , if you want good tomatoes you have to pay for them.
It's as true today as it was then.

restorepride

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on April 27, 2018, 04:32:20 PM
Quote from: shawshank on April 25, 2018, 09:34:45 AM
Quote from: call it as i see it on April 25, 2018, 08:32:59 AM
Quote from: shawshank on April 23, 2018, 03:26:00 PM
A seriously valuable points yesterday to get us kick started. I was depressed for a while but yesterday gave me hope. Did any of you see the Irish Star and Fergal P McCusker's views on Derry.

Its a bad sign when you pay a manager £20,000 and call it a good day when you scrape past a very poor Kilrea team by 2 points and then struggle with a very poor Claudy side. i wonder will it be another good Monday with two points this week?

You have me by the short and curlys, wtf are you talking about?

Wee Dan Joe said to me back in the 70s, it might have been the 80s, well it was one or the other anyway. He said , if you want good tomatoes you have to pay for them.
It's as true today as it was then.
Is it? Hardly as much fruit on the championship branches now.

restorepride

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 27, 2018, 11:16:58 AM
Can anyone please kindly confirm what the craic is with the venue plan for Derry's first Ulster Championship game ?

Derry will play the winners of Donegal vs Cavan.  I was under the impression that regardless of whether Donegal or Cavan win that Derry would have an away tie.

I'm now hearing* that if Donegal beat Cavan, that Derry will play Donegal in Celtic Park, does anyone know if that's correct ?

*The person was basing it on the following - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Ulster_Senior_Football_Championship

Cheers
Where have you been for the last 20 years?! Or are you just "mocking"?

Buzzkill

Are Ballinderry the only club to put up prices to club league games?

call it as i see it

Quote from: Buzzkill on April 30, 2018, 09:14:38 AM

No slaughtneil did the same went to watch slaugtneil an ballinderry and was charged £5 every other club was charging £3

shawshank

Quote from: call it as i see it on April 30, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

No slaughtneil did the same went to watch slaugtneil an ballinderry and was charged £5 every other club was charging £3

that's a funny thing, I was just commenting on that to a friend of mines recently about when was the last time there was an increase into club league games. It is £3 for as long as I can recall. £5 is fair enough rate to charge in my view.

Waataboutyee

Quote from: shawshank on April 30, 2018, 09:49:48 AM

that's a funny thing, I was just commenting on that to a friend of mines recently about when was the last time there was an increase into club league games. It is £3 for as long as I can recall. £5 is fair enough rate to charge in my view.
Neither price is correct gents. County board directive to increase prices from £3 to £4 for all senior league games, so don't blame the poor gate men.

toby47

With only one week to go until the mid season break what do you's make of it so far?

Last years county finalists Screen seem to be struggling however missing few key men, will maybe pick it up in the 2nd half of season. Can't see Slaughtneil dropping another point having already played Ballinderry, Coleraine and Magherafelt as these 3 along with Loup, Glen and Lavey seem to be the chasing pack.

Claudy still without a point & Greenlough just above them took a 20pt defeat at the weekend seem to be the relegation faves. Expecting a big fight from Kilrea/Screen to get out of the bottom 5 however the longer it takes you to pick up a few results the harder it will be.

call it as i see it

watched slaughtneill and bellaghy yesterday an it was £3. another comment is how Eoghan Brown isnt on the county panel is beyond me took both brendan rodgers and karl mckuaigee to the cleaners for the 30 mins of football he was on the field for. also thought for the short spells peter cassidy played showed he could compete in county as chrissy mckuaige could do nothing but hold him of the ball and foul him on it.

young shane mcguigan had a great game also and young pouley ran riot up an down the field.

Keyser soze

Quote from: call it as i see it on April 30, 2018, 10:19:53 AM

watched slaughtneill and bellaghy yesterday an it was £3. another comment is how Eoghan Brown isnt on the county panel is beyond me took both brendan rodgers and karl mckuaigee to the cleaners for the 30 mins of football he was on the field for. also thought for the short spells peter cassidy played showed he could compete in county as chrissy mckuaige could do nothing but hold him of the ball and foul him on it.

young shane mcguigan had a great game also and young pouley ran riot up an down the field.

Who he?

toby47

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 30, 2018, 10:45:02 AM

Who he?

Ronan Bradley

BackInTheGame

Was wondering about Eoghan Browne myself. Was at Bellaghy v Kilrea the other week and he was very good.

Cassidy looks good but maybe not county level yet.

call it as i see it

Quote from: BackInTheGame on April 30, 2018, 11:27:04 AM

Was wondering about Eoghan Browne myself. Was at Bellaghy v Kilrea the other week and he was very good.

Cassidy looks good but maybe not county level yet.

cassidy looked like coutny standard when he wanted the ball but spent a lot of time hiding also if he played for a full game he wouldnt be far away i recon thats going from yesterdays game were he took chrissy mckuaige out of his comfort zone.

Buzzkill

Quote from: Waataboutyee on April 30, 2018, 09:57:59 AM

Neither price is correct gents. County board directive to increase prices from £3 to £4 for all senior league games, so don't blame the poor gate men.

Not blaming the gate men at all, just wondering if there has been an increase as this was the first time I have seen the cost going up. Been at Screen, Magherafelt, Slaughneil, Glenullin and Coleraine this year and they have all been £3 as normal.