The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

After today, I think Liverpool should probably be hoping Chelsea beat Spurs, as Liverpool's realistic aim is a top four spot.

Disappointing result today, but a draw was a fair result. And it was a decent xmas period overall. 44 points from 20 games is nothing to sneeze at. League winning form most years.

moysider

Quote from: J70 on January 02, 2017, 09:13:29 PM
After today, I think Liverpool should probably be hoping Chelsea beat Spurs, as Liverpool's realistic aim is a top four spot.

Disappointing result today, but a draw was a fair result. And it was a decent xmas period overall. 44 points from 20 games is nothing to sneeze at. League winning form most years.

Dropping points to weaker teams though. 8 points lost to Bournemouth, Burnley and Sunderland. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: moysider on January 02, 2017, 11:04:10 PM

Dropping points to weaker teams though. 8 points lost to Bournemouth, Burnley and Sunderland.

And Utd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

moysider

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2017, 11:06:14 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 02, 2017, 11:04:10 PM

And Utd

Not sure where youre going with that?

Liverpool lose points regularly  to teams in the lower half of the table. Not soft points but likes of Chelsea get the 3 points there. Utd. are now beginning to get those housekeeping results. At the end of the year it will be interesting to see how many points the top contenders left behind against the teams in bottom half.

laoislad

So it was a point gained v Sunderland  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

It was. A terrible performance and poor result against Sunderland.

Milltown Row2

So trying to rest players for bigger games ahead have left Liverpool with more games to play stick in the league cup too!! Backfired, had it worked, genius....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

Youngest ever starting line-up and probably highest ever average shirt number for a starting line-up.

The Stallion

Half the team weren't kids. And they still couldn't beat a shit team.

laoislad

Youngest starting line up in Liverpool's history apparently, average age of 21. Didn't see any of it but heard it was a poor game and Plymouth just put the entire 11 behind the ball.
Play the same young team in the replay. No harm done as regards the first team XI really.
Be good for the younger lads to get another game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

At least 8 of the Liverpool players who featured were not kids. They still couldn't score a goal at home to lower League opposition who were making a 600 mile round trip.

J70

Quote from: laoislad on January 08, 2017, 05:50:25 PM
Youngest starting line up in Liverpool's history apparently, average age of 21. Didn't see any of it but heard it was a poor game and Plymouth just put the entire 11 behind the ball.
Play the same young team in the replay. No harm done as regards the first team XI really.

It was a tough game for such an inexperienced team. Plymouth held their shape and barely ventured past the edge of their box for the vast majority of the game. No harm to expose players like that to that kind of problem, as if they make it at Liverpool or some other top club, they'll have to deal with it, albeit with more experienced colleagues with a bit more imagination, speed and movement.

I agree on same again next day. If they get through it, great. If not, who gives a bollocks? Its not worth possibly losing ground in the league at this stage of the competition.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2017, 04:13:45 PM
So trying to rest players for bigger games ahead have left Liverpool with more games to play stick in the league cup too!! Backfired, had it worked, genius....

I don't think it should make much difference. I seriously doubt Klopp will send many first choice players out in the replay.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2017, 07:42:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2017, 04:13:45 PM

I don't think it should make much difference. I seriously doubt Klopp will send many first choice players out in the replay.

Probably not, nor should they travel down with the 11 players... it's not just the game, it's everything else that goes with it... watched some of the game, when the main lads came on nothing changed, Plymouth to their credit defended well... at least it will generate money for a club that was recently in a lot of debt.... Sunday is all that matters

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2017, 07:38:47 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 08, 2017, 05:50:25 PM

It was a tough game for such an inexperienced team. Plymouth held their shape and barely ventured past the edge of their box for the vast majority of the game. No harm to expose players like that to that kind of problem, as if they make it at Liverpool or some other top club, they'll have to deal with it, albeit with more experienced colleagues with a bit more imagination, speed and movement.

I agree on same again next day. If they get through it, great. If not, who gives a bollocks? Its not worth possibly losing ground in the league at this stage of the competition.

I disagree most of the other top teams rested plenty of players but were able to field a strong enough team to win. There is no reason someone like Sturridge for instance who hasn't had much football recently couldn't have started..