GAA felt bullied over Liam Miller match

Started by seafoid, January 30, 2019, 02:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sekibanki

I take it there'll be no rugby in Páirc Uí Chaoimh, then  :P

From the Bunker

It's not like the GAA have been the Bully in the Past! ;)

BennyCake

The match organisers should have contacted the GAA quietly and asked if they could use PUC. They didn't, it came out in the public, and the media forced the GAA's hand. They had little choice but to allow it. The GAA would have allowed it anyway, but it was the way it was done that wrangles me.

But one thing that's come out of it all, Damian Duff is a wee p***k.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: BennyCake on January 30, 2019, 04:18:40 PM
The match organisers should have contacted the GAA quietly and asked if they could use PUC. They didn't, it came out in the public, and the media forced the GAA's hand. They had little choice but to allow it. The GAA would have allowed it anyway, but it was the way it was done that wrangles me.

My opinion exactly, 1st paragraph.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mup

Like the Gaa should have contacted Kildare Gaa prior to the Newbridge or nowhere fiasco last year. The way that was done wangles with me. Amazing how they felt bullied in this instance but weren't slow in attempting to bully Kildare Gaa.

You give respect then you might get some to use their own tagline.

seafoid

I think it may be  the last time the bandwagon gets its way
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

The GAA top brass seem to be very poor at understanding the thinking of the average GAA member on the ground or the general public

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 04:58:28 PM
The GAA top brass seem to be very poor at understanding the thinking of the average GAA member on the ground or the general public
I would agree. They have lost their touch. Something goes arseways every year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2019, 04:28:52 PM

My opinion exactly, 1st paragraph.
1st and 2nd for me.

Captain Scarlet

FFS did someone not have a word and just say 'drop that section there Tom'...

Look I do think that the Liam Miller organisers initially went about it bad, but to say the GAA were bullied by media when any GAA person I spoke to was saying they should open the place up for a charity match...that was not bullying from media that was a groundswell with their own ranks.
They tried to bully Kildare and the public pushed back. Who was the bully there?

Christ why oh why open this all up again?!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

BennyCake

Quote from: mup on January 30, 2019, 04:40:58 PM

Like the Gaa should have contacted Kildare Gaa prior to the Newbridge or nowhere fiasco last year. The way that was done wangles with me. Amazing how they felt bullied in this instance but weren't slow in attempting to bully Kildare Gaa.

You give respect then you might get some to use their own tagline.

Yes that's true too. I'm glad Kildare won that one. Had it been my team, I'd have backed them all the way, even if that meant forfeiting their championship place.

BennyCake

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 30, 2019, 04:58:28 PM

Yes, and I'm disappointed there wasn't more of a reaction from fans on the price increases.

omaghjoe

You can throw in that Kenny prat too. But TBH its nothing less than I would expect from that shower. Hopefully we give them a pretty solid two fingers next time around..... wouldnt bet on it tho