China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Angelo on October 05, 2020, 03:38:06 PM
There's two ways of looking at it. We are 7/8 months into this now, messaging from governments on both sides of the border has been poor, people are getting frustrated and agitated about how slow moving things are. Science looks every bit as clueless as they did at the start, they have yet to establish any real definitive idea on how our immunity is to it, how it is spread, what % of people are asymptomatic.

Governments have reacted poorly, we are now in the second wave and how have we improved in hospital capacity, testing and other resources from the start?

At the end of the day, there is one metric that will judge Covid, deaths. And at the minute the while the cases seem to be on the rise, deaths don't seem to be following that trend. That is probably in large down to the fact it's a younger/healthier demographic picking it up. Can you blame youngsters, we all look back at our youth and the freedom with it, we never had to live those years in a pandemic. After 7 or 8 months they are now saying screw it, it's not good but you can understand it.

The real issue is that science is being shown up here, it is chasing its tail around the place and still unable to give clear answers on basic aspects of the virus - immunity, anitbodies, % of asymptomatic etc.

When it turns out that the smartest kid in the class is a dunce then we are in trouble.

There are decent answers to all these questions if you could be bothered look for them.

You'll be waiting a while for your definitive answers, though. That's not really how it works.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 05, 2020, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 05, 2020, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2020, 02:39:02 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 05, 2020, 02:25:27 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2020, 11:26:21 AM
Michelle O'Neill has basically said this too. 100% true. It's much worse up north too in terms of per capita etc.

nobody listens to her anymore, she is more interested in using the pandemic to score political points. the funeral was the end of her credibility
That would be foolish because she may still make valid points. This one in particular is one.

Yeah it is pity.
It is what it is. Rife here in Derry. The bars have been rammed, house parties have been common and some workplaces not taking proper precautions.

Would listen to Michelle before binlids like Anne McCloskey.. A dangerous woman to heed during a pandemic, pity many Derry people are

I voted Aontú and will continue to as Anne is on a serious solo run here.
But as someone who has covid here atm I know exactly what is spreading the virus and its not Anne telling people they shouldn't be wearing masks in shops.
The 3 big clusters I know of occurred in parties and bars which then spread to workplaces. I got it in work.
No party has been calling for masks in bars and manufacturing facilities aren't taking all the precautions they need to. And the bars in Derry(ironically run by SF and SDLP famiiles) have been disgraceful

imtommygunn

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 05, 2020, 03:37:26 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2020, 02:53:51 PM
That's missing causeway is it or it incorporated in one of the other areas?

There's 12 in total in the north in ICU and 64 in the inpatients. I dunno if that means 64 in total - I would assume 76 in total and inpatients and ICU are completely separate things.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

12 in ICU with COVID today.
Double the number from last Monday.
Six times the number from 3 Mondays ago.

Clear and scary trend here. Just 20 free beds, at the current rate these will be filled within the fortnight.

Yeah the reality is that when things start ramping up you wait 2-3 weeks and then you find out the true story so we will really know the true story in 2-3 weeks with regard to deaths etc. Interestingly numbers in tests have reduced in the north since the big spike but they still are big numbers. You would have to imagine some bad stats in a few regards coming in a few weeks and deaths will be up. Hopefully not by very much but only time will tell.

Have you had it(or have it) Fear?

Eire90

Looks like national level 3  no level 5 for now

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2020, 03:56:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 05, 2020, 03:37:26 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2020, 02:53:51 PM
That's missing causeway is it or it incorporated in one of the other areas?

There's 12 in total in the north in ICU and 64 in the inpatients. I dunno if that means 64 in total - I would assume 76 in total and inpatients and ICU are completely separate things.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

12 in ICU with COVID today.
Double the number from last Monday.
Six times the number from 3 Mondays ago.

Clear and scary trend here. Just 20 free beds, at the current rate these will be filled within the fortnight.

Yeah the reality is that when things start ramping up you wait 2-3 weeks and then you find out the true story so we will really know the true story in 2-3 weeks with regard to deaths etc. Interestingly numbers in tests have reduced in the north since the big spike but they still are big numbers. You would have to imagine some bad stats in a few regards coming in a few weeks and deaths will be up. Hopefully not by very much but only time will tell.

Have you had it(or have it) Fear?

Aye as we speak unfortunately

imtommygunn

Sorry to hear that :(. Hope things go ok for you.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 05, 2020, 03:56:12 PM
Michelle O'Neill has basically said this too. 100% true. It's much worse up north too in terms of per capita etc.

nobody listens to her anymore, she is more interested in using the pandemic to score political points. the funeral was the end of her credibility
That would be foolish because she may still make valid points. This one in particular is one.

Yeah it is pity.
It is what it is. Rife here in Derry. The bars have been rammed, house parties have been common and some workplaces not taking proper precautions.

Would listen to Michelle before binlids like Anne McCloskey.. A dangerous woman to heed during a pandemic, pity many Derry people are

But as someone who has covid here atm I know exactly what is spreading the virus and its not Anne telling people they shouldn't be wearing masks in shops.
The 3 big clusters I know of occurred in parties and bars which then spread to workplaces. I got it in work.
No party has been calling for masks in bars and manufacturing facilities aren't taking all the precautions they need to. And the bars in Derry(ironically run by SF and SDLP famiiles) have been disgraceful

She's an anti masker, speaks at Anti-mask rallies. A very irresponsible woman. Weather she's your politician or not, you must see this?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2020, 04:08:10 PM

Thanks doing ok, but my mother who on vunerable list tested positive today also.
If I am correct it spread from a house party, that guy came to work, it spread through work and out into families.

If it is of any use to people my symptoms are different from the classics.

Sore legs, ear ache, heart palpitations and extreme fatigue. One night seat, very slight cough.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 05, 2020, 04:13:30 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 05, 2020, 03:56:12 PM

Yeah it is pity.

She's an anti masker, speaks at Anti-mask rallies. A very irresponsible woman. Weather she's your politician or not, you must see this?

I do. I thought I conveyed that.

Cunny Funt

Government to decide on a nationwide level 3 restrictions. Can understand Monaghan, Roscommon going into level 3 but it makes no sense to me why a dozen counties with a low infection rate are moved up to level 3

BennyCake

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 05, 2020, 04:16:10 PM

Thanks doing ok, but my mother who on vunerable list tested positive today also.
If I am correct it spread from a house party, that guy came to work, it spread through work and out into families.

Sore legs, ear ache, heart palpitations and extreme fatigue. One night seat, very slight cough.

It just shows how one person doing the wrong thing can have worrying consequences for many many people.

Hope you and your mother make a full recovery.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2020, 04:26:59 PM

It just shows how one person doing the wrong thing can have worrying consequences for many many people.

Thanks Benny

JoG2

Yes, a full and speedy recovery for the Fears

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 05, 2020, 05:24:09 PM

Yes, a full and speedy recovery for the Fears

Thanks  a chara

Dire Ear

All the best to you and yours Fear 👍