Modesty/Shyness or too fond of the fry?

Started by An Fear Rua, November 12, 2008, 10:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/just-four-irish-apply--for-girls-of-ryanair-calendar-14056028.html

Just four Irish apply for 'Girls of Ryanair' calendar

Just four of the 700 applicants for the 'Girls of Ryanair' calendar were Irish -- despite the proceeds going to an Irish charity.

The 2009 edition, launched in Dublin on Monday, is once again filled with bikini-clad Ryanair cabin crew from all over Europe.

But no Irish women featured in the latest calendar after just four applied. One was chosen but pulled out due to other commitments at the time of the photo shoot.

"We are hoping she will apply again for the 2010 calendar," a Ryanair spokesman said.

The calendars are priced at €10 each and the airline is hoping to raise €100,000 for the Simon Community which cares for the homeless.

Suggestions of prejudice against Irish girls were flatly denied by Ryanair yesterday.

CEO Michael O'Leary has no input into who is chosen for the calender, with the final decision left to the photographer and members of the production team.

But top model Rosanna Davidson believes more of an effort should have been made to involve Irish women in the fundraising project, saying: "If I was organising it, I would have made sure that Irish women were involved because it's an Irish charity and Irish fundraising.

"Any person from any part of Europe would say that Irish women are gorgeous."

The Simon Community's Sam McGuinness said the number of people requiring assistance from their Rough Sleeper Team had risen by 50pc during the first half of the year.

There are currently over 2,000 homeless on the streets of the capital, with over 110 sleeping rough each night.

Mr McGuinness defended the airline's decision to feature bikini-clad women.

"Ryanair have shown a genuine interest in helping and we have taken it at that level," he said.

Last year's calendar sparked a backlash from women's rights groups, including Spanish organisation FACUA, which accused Ryanair of presenting female flight attendants as "sexual objects".

And in a tongue-in-cheek move that is now typical of the Ryanair PR machine, a free copy of the new calendar is to be sent to the agency.

"Ryanair expects that these typical humourless groups will again oppose Ryanair's 2009 cabin crew calendar, but at least they will have the benefit of 13 stunning Ryanair babes throughout the year," a statement read.

Pics here: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/just-four-irish-apply--for-girls-of-ryanair-calendar-14056028.html?action=Popup
Its Grim up North

thejuice

Quote"Any person from any part of Europe would say that Irish women are gorgeous."

Funny the Polish lads I know say they dont like Irish girls and dont find them attractive. Anyway arent there a load of Irish models around, maybe Ryanair just cant afford them, wouldnt surprise me either.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Maybe they were told they would have to model without 3 inches of orange warpaint on, and thats just the fellas.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Quote from: thejuice on November 12, 2008, 11:32:54 AM
Quote"Any person from any part of Europe would say that Irish women are gorgeous."

Funny the Polish lads I know say they dont like Irish girls and dont find them attractive. Anyway arent there a load of Irish models around, maybe Ryanair just cant afford them, wouldnt surprise me either.

most foreign lads i talk to, whether they're from portugal, poland, lithuania etc all say that they generally dont find irish women attractive. to many mcdonalds...

mannix

We had a thread about "fat irish chicks" before, its no surprise they will not show the bodies in a swimsuit.
Too much tv and bad diet and not enough exercise or salads.
Thats their own business I suppose, I am happy that ryanair could not exploit them for the good of ryanair.

illdecide

You couldn't blame them because when you some of the foreign women floating about the Town i wouldn't entertain Irish women either...Good job my wife's Italian ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bensars

Annie from sligo should have been a definite.     An old board favourite

thejuice

Quote from: illdecide on November 12, 2008, 11:54:19 AM
You couldn't blame them because when you some of the foreign women floating about the Town i wouldn't entertain Irish women either...Good job my wife's Italian ;)

Ah now I think there are plenty of Irish beauties out there. I just think they need to cut down on the drinking and making fools of themselves (same goes for the lads too). I think there seems to be a trend of girls not only getting really wasted but also dressing in really revealing and for lack of a better term "slutty" clothes. Its very prevelant in both the UK and Ireland, (one of the many -poor- traits we have in common). While I've found girls on the contintent show a bit more class perhaps in both dress sense and behaviour. Or maybe I just go to all the wrong bars at home.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

thejuice

Quote from: ziggysego on November 12, 2008, 12:20:01 PM
You must all be good looking men here.

Well, ahem, I wouldn't want to speak for anyone else here but I am rather handsome and studly

full back

Quote from: ziggysego on November 12, 2008, 12:20:01 PM
You must all be good looking men here.

This is all about opinions ziggy
Even ugly men can have opinions, go on, give us your opinion ;)

ziggysego

Irish girls are lovely. They come in all shapes and sizes. Brilliant!
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Personally - sex sells these types of calendars. Irish women can range from cute, to not cute, to stunningly beautiful. Being sexy however is something that is unfortunately out of the grasp of many of them - and its nothing to do with how they look. Sexiness is all mental - and its a projection of your innerself.

tyrone86