Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Just agreing with my fellow Countyman from the same Roscommon town as Andy Moran.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blanketattack

Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 09:33:12 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 15, 2019, 09:14:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 05:45:07 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 15, 2019, 05:01:29 PM
The time McShane got was the same if not more than the 5 times Kerry's advantage wasn't pulled back. The bluntness of the foul doesn't matter, Deegan should have given the free once it obvious there was no advantage and running into 3 Tyrone players is hardly an advantage for O'Brien compared to a scorable free for O'Shea.
The off the ball fouls on Harte were miniscule in comparison to that on O'Shea, Geaney and Clifford.

You're talking out of your arse. Go back and watch the game and report on what happened in the match, not what happened in your vivid imagination. Kerry had numerous frees pulled back when there was no advantage, they lost the advantage numerous when soft fouls were called outside the 45 yard line and they ran the ball into trouble after.

They were getting their frees miles handier than Tyrone were. O'Shea was the player who was conning the referee with Meyler. He got one free where he grabbed Meyler's outstretched hand and threw himself to ground, it was ridiculous, it looked ridiculous, basic physics would have told you that O'Shea was falling in the wrong direction to be fouled but Deegan went for it straight away. I was in 333 in the Hogan and I could tell from that far away there was no way that could be a free.

There's no doubt Tyrone will be kicking themselves with the misses and mistakes they made. They probably weren't good enough to win but neither would Kerry have been good enough to win that only for Maurice Deegan.

Are you a Kerry man yourself or just the Colm O'Rourke type wannabe one?

Giving out about O'Shea throwing himself to the ground? Really? After O'Shea pushes Donnelly in the chest, Donnelly throws himself to the ground, clutching his head.

O'Shea stupidly overreacts and pushed Donnelly over. It's a throw ball.

In the other incident, O'Shea grabs hold of Meyler's hand and throws himself forward when the ball goes out of play. It's unbelievable that Deegan can give that, he's moving in the wrong direction for a start.

You're trying to defend the indefensible here and your counter arguments are weak as piss.

What's sadder is you can't take your beating, and instead of seeing the truth, that Tyrone had major deficiencies and when the game was in the melting pot after HT, Kerry stepped up and outscored Tyrone 1-10 to 0-4, you're whining about the ref and trying to portray Tyrone as choir boys who were innocent victims, instead of admitting Kerry were the beater team with better footballers. Are you enjoying your sour grapes?

Angelo

Quote from: blanketattack on August 16, 2019, 01:20:39 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 09:33:12 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 15, 2019, 09:14:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 15, 2019, 05:45:07 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 15, 2019, 05:01:29 PM
The time McShane got was the same if not more than the 5 times Kerry's advantage wasn't pulled back. The bluntness of the foul doesn't matter, Deegan should have given the free once it obvious there was no advantage and running into 3 Tyrone players is hardly an advantage for O'Brien compared to a scorable free for O'Shea.
The off the ball fouls on Harte were miniscule in comparison to that on O'Shea, Geaney and Clifford.

You're talking out of your arse. Go back and watch the game and report on what happened in the match, not what happened in your vivid imagination. Kerry had numerous frees pulled back when there was no advantage, they lost the advantage numerous when soft fouls were called outside the 45 yard line and they ran the ball into trouble after.

They were getting their frees miles handier than Tyrone were. O'Shea was the player who was conning the referee with Meyler. He got one free where he grabbed Meyler's outstretched hand and threw himself to ground, it was ridiculous, it looked ridiculous, basic physics would have told you that O'Shea was falling in the wrong direction to be fouled but Deegan went for it straight away. I was in 333 in the Hogan and I could tell from that far away there was no way that could be a free.

There's no doubt Tyrone will be kicking themselves with the misses and mistakes they made. They probably weren't good enough to win but neither would Kerry have been good enough to win that only for Maurice Deegan.

Are you a Kerry man yourself or just the Colm O'Rourke type wannabe one?

Giving out about O'Shea throwing himself to the ground? Really? After O'Shea pushes Donnelly in the chest, Donnelly throws himself to the ground, clutching his head.

O'Shea stupidly overreacts and pushed Donnelly over. It's a throw ball.

In the other incident, O'Shea grabs hold of Meyler's hand and throws himself forward when the ball goes out of play. It's unbelievable that Deegan can give that, he's moving in the wrong direction for a start.

You're trying to defend the indefensible here and your counter arguments are weak as piss.

What's sadder is you can't take your beating, and instead of seeing the truth, that Tyrone had major deficiencies and when the game was in the melting pot after HT, Kerry stepped up and outscored Tyrone 1-10 to 0-4, you're whining about the ref and trying to portray Tyrone as choir boys who were innocent victims, instead of admitting Kerry were the beater team with better footballers. Are you enjoying your sour grapes?

I'm just saying it as it is, for the second time in 5 years, Maurice Deegan has been absolutely instrumental in getting Kerry across the line in  an All Ireland semi final against Tyrone. We have to look at ourselves and why we made those mistakes and misses and how that simply doesn't cut the mustard in an All Ireland semi final

But if Tyrone had the beneficiary of those kinds of decisions to the sheer scale Kerry had them in both games, I'd be embarrassed. I certainly don't think Kerry were the better team with the better footballers, I think they relied on the man with the whistle to make the difference.

The problem for Tyrone is that they needed to be about a 7 point better team on the day than Kerry to negate Deegan, they weren't a 7 point better team on the day. It's not right thought that should be the case, I've seen Deegan referee Kerry down the years, it's embarrassing.

Your attitude is like one I'd be familiar with in unionists, they want every single thing stacked in their favour and they don't want to acknowledge any of that favouritism or neither are they embarrassed by it.

The post match comments about Gough by Fitzmaurice sum up the mentality of Kerry to a tee.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Farrandeelin

I assume you are Il Bomber Destro. If this was Mayo you'd be on about us not questioning the Mayo players instead of us blaming the ref.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

Our mistake is criticising the ref in the aftermath of the game, using obvious facts that people could see with their own eyes to question his bias. We really should have orchestrated a media smear campaign on the ref prior to the game, heaping enough pressure on the man in the middle to try and swing things our way. Once again, this week Kerry have led the way, in this regard, as master exponents of cynical methods to gain an advantage, with Fitzmaurice's attack on Gough. I wonder what the reaction would have been if Eugene McKenna or Art McRory had come out in the press and did a hatchet job on Deegan in the week leading up to the semi final? Anyone who can't see how the Kerry media mafia works are blinded by the Kerry myth.
That was never a square ball!!

Armagh18

Yes Deegan gave Kerry a couple of handy frees after half time, yes he was being an absolute tool with regards calling frees from 60 yards away and yes he could have called for fouls on Harte for off the ball stuff. But ffs Kerry were a far better team, Tyrone played their usual defensive shite, missed handy chances and gave the ball away cheaply leading to Kerry scores. At the end of the day Peter Harte is one of Tyrones best players, teams are obviously going to look to nullify him however they can, (like Tyrone have done plenty of times to the likes of the Gooch) but thats where Harte should have been putting O'Sullivan on his arse or if hes not fit to one of the other lads should have, rather than crying looking frees. Tyrone got what they deserved from that game regardless of the ref.

Angelo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2019, 07:50:50 AM
I assume you are Il Bomber Destro. If this was Mayo you'd be on about us not questioning the Mayo players instead of us blaming the ref.

There are two separate issues I have addressed.

Tyrone - their inability to cope with things in the face of adversity. They fucked an All Ireland final away last year in the space of 5 minutes, they crumbled when the tide turned on Sunday. Tyrone need to look at themselves with regard to that defeat, the crazy mistakes and lack of composure when things went against them are not the hallmarks of a team who will win the big prize and it's happened too often with this group of players now. I've covered this right after the game and there's no real countenance to say otherwise.

The other issue is Maurice Deegan. His performance was a disgrace and it single handedly brought a fairly average Kerry side right back into a game where they were being dominated in. Maurice Deegan may not have been the reason Tyrone lost but he was certainly the reason Kerry won. There have been plenty of posters on here trying to downplay his decisions and engaging in false equivocation. I'm not saying Maurice Deegan cost us the game but I am saying he absolutely shafted us and he was not even subtle in doing so and not for the first time either.

I don't blame Deegan for Tyrone's loss but I do feel the spotlight should be on him and his handling of a Kerry game and it's becoming a long running theme at this stage.

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 16, 2019, 08:13:03 AM
Yes Deegan gave Kerry a couple of handy frees after half time, yes he was being an absolute tool with regards calling frees from 60 yards away and yes he could have called for fouls on Harte for off the ball stuff. But ffs Kerry were a far better team, Tyrone played their usual defensive shite, missed handy chances and gave the ball away cheaply leading to Kerry scores. At the end of the day Peter Harte is one of Tyrones best players, teams are obviously going to look to nullify him however they can, (like Tyrone have done plenty of times to the likes of the Gooch) but thats where Harte should have been putting O'Sullivan on his arse or if hes not fit to one of the other lads should have, rather than crying looking frees. Tyrone got what they deserved from that game regardless of the ref.

lol you pointed out numerous ways in which the ref screwed tryone out of it but still say kerry were the better team. How can 1 team be the better team if they are relying on the ref to give them easy scores and to ignore their fouling. Doesnt really make much sense.

imtommygunn

They weren't relying on the referee though. Yes they got some frees they shouldn't. They didn't rely on the referee to get them the goal, Cliffords points from play, Geaney's points from play etc etc. Honestly the more you read of this thread the more you'd think Deegan should just have kicked them over the bar himself!

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 09:41:43 AM
They weren't relying on the referee though. Yes they got some frees they shouldn't. They didn't rely on the referee to get them the goal, Cliffords points from play, Geaney's points from play etc etc. Honestly the more you read of this thread the more you'd think Deegan should just have kicked them over the bar himself!

They were. At 12-10 in the 52nd minute Kerry had hit only 4 points from play,  from the frees they scored 4 of them were non frees and one of them even came from the ref incorrectly blowing up play when Tyrone had the ball and booking Sludden.

He was instrumental in dragging Kerry back into the game.

They did rely on him for the goal as Geaney clearly overplayed the ball and it should have been blown for a free out.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 09:06:03 AM

Tyrone - their inability to cope with things in the face of adversity. They fucked an All Ireland final away last year in the space of 5 minutes, they crumbled when the tide turned on Sunday. Tyrone need to look at themselves with regard to that defeat, the crazy mistakes and lack of composure when things went against them are not the hallmarks of a team who will win the big prize and it's happened too often with this group of players now. I've covered this right after the game and there's no real countenance to say otherwise.

The other issue is Maurice Deegan. His performance was a disgrace and it single handedly brought a fairly average Kerry side right back into a game where they were being dominated in. Maurice Deegan may not have been the reason Tyrone lost but he was certainly the reason Kerry won. There have been plenty of posters on here trying to downplay his decisions and engaging in false equivocation. I'm not saying Maurice Deegan cost us the game but I am saying he absolutely shafted us and he was not even subtle in doing so and not for the first time either.

I don't blame Deegan for Tyrone's loss but I do feel the spotlight should be on him and his handling of a Kerry game and it's becoming a long running theme at this stage.

Ah you do, time to move on - Tyrone were shite in the second half, end of.

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 05:16:20 PM
I thought Deegan fucked us badly in 2015 but that just takes the biscuit.

An absolute and utter disgrace.

Deegan single handedly brought Kerry back into that game with a string of ridiculous frees
but I think you have to look at the mentality of the team out there, in the face of adversity too many times we have collapsed. And even with Deegan dragging Kerry back into it we have to look at our own role in matters.

Throw ball

After his handling of the Mayo v Armagh game I was surprised Deegan got an All Ireland semi final. I also got my money on Kerry once he was appointed.

Still Kerry were by far the better team and deserved to win. Once the pressure came on Tyrone capitulated. For me it is because they are not good enough. They have too many very average players. Their superior fitness together with their horrible game plan are enough to beat other average teams but struggles badly against decent ones.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on August 16, 2019, 10:22:57 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 16, 2019, 09:06:03 AM

Ah you do, time to move on - Tyrone were shite in the second half, end of.

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 05:16:20 PM
I thought Deegan fucked us badly in 2015 but that just takes the biscuit.

An absolute and utter disgrace.

Deegan single handedly brought Kerry back into that game with a string of ridiculous frees
but I think you have to look at the mentality of the team out there, in the face of adversity too many times we have collapsed. And even with Deegan dragging Kerry back into it we have to look at our own role in matters.

They're independent statements. Deegan fucked us badly but we still should have resilient enough to respond and win. I don't think Kerry would have won without him though.

Tyrone were the better team for the first 20 minutes of the second half bit Deegan was doing his best for Kerry there and reeling the scoreline in further when it should have been going the other way.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Throw ball on August 16, 2019, 10:23:51 AM
After his handling of the Mayo v Armagh game I was surprised Deegan got an All Ireland semi final. I also got my money on Kerry once he was appointed.

Still Kerry were by far the better team and deserved to win. Once the pressure came on Tyrone capitulated. For me it is because they are not good enough. They have too many very average players. Their superior fitness together with their horrible game plan are enough to beat other average teams but struggles badly against decent ones.

How were they by far the better team when for over 50 minutes of the game they needed a referee to keep them in it. In 52 minutes of play they hit 4 points from play.