GAA 125

Started by Stall the Bailer, March 03, 2009, 09:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

The GAA at central and provisional level and the media (some good and some like the Late Late) have had events with more to follow.
However on 10th May (I think that is the date) the GAA have set this aside as a club day. I was wondering what everyone here was doing to celebrate this anniversary or what your clubs are going to do?

amallon

I don't think we have finalised what we are doing but we were hoping to have a fun day (bouncy castles etc.) and maybe an inter townland tournament for the grown-ups.  I'd be interested to hear what other clubs are planning.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T Fearon

Shouldn't we have a GAA Discussion Board 125 Day?

Carbery

Quote from: amallon on March 03, 2009, 02:22:11 PM
I don't think we have finalised what we are doing but we were hoping to have a fun day (bouncy castles etc.) and maybe an inter townland tournament for the grown-ups.  I'd be interested to hear what other clubs are planning.

The chairman of a club in Dublin told me that they could not get insurance cover for having a bouncy castle at their childrens day last year.  I wonder has this now changed?

5 Sams

Any bouncy castle supplier should have their own insurance.....been down that road before.
The Aristocrat Years

Rossfan

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on March 03, 2009, 09:41:16 AM
The GAA at central and provisional level

Has the split occurred or has Cork Co Board set up its own organisation? :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on March 03, 2009, 04:40:06 PM
Shouldn't we have a GAA Discussion Board 125 Day?

I'm not getting in the feckin bouncy castle with you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I'm up for it. What about the mods organising it? Somewhere central like Leitrim.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Carbery on March 03, 2009, 07:33:40 PM

The chairman of a club in Dublin told me that they could not get insurance cover for having a bouncy castle at their childrens day last year.  I wonder has this now changed?

I was at a meeting the other night where the sec. of cavan county board said that bouncy castles can't come onto a GAA grounds due to insurances issues...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

WeeDonns

QuoteI was at a meeting the other night where the sec. of cavan county board said that bouncy castles can't come onto a GAA grounds due to insurances issues...

we may pack away the Tyrone GAA bouncy castle we had at sports day last year then!

Celt_Man

Quote from: WeeDonns on March 04, 2009, 07:56:37 AM
QuoteI was at a meeting the other night where the sec. of cavan county board said that bouncy castles can't come onto a GAA grounds due to insurances issues...

we may pack away the Tyrone GAA bouncy castle we had at sports day last year then!

I know but apparently that's official policy.  Sometimes I think you're better off asking for forgiveness rather than permission!!

The GAA at central and provisional level and the media (some good and some like the Late Late) have had events with more to follow.
However on 10th May (I think that is the date) the GAA have set this aside as a club day. I was wondering what everyone here was doing to celebrate this anniversary or what your clubs are going to do?

No idea what to do for this but I feel our club (as should as many clubs as possible) be doing something??? Any ideas past the obvious exhibition games etc?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cornafean

Quote from: WeeDonns on March 04, 2009, 07:56:37 AM

Hopefully the compo culture is not as bad north of the border as it is down here  :'(
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2009, 09:55:41 PM
The GAA at central and provisional level

Has the split occurred or has Cork Co Board set up its own organisation? :)

Well spotted  :D

I know our club had no trouble with bouncy castles in past. Just make sure that they have their own insurance.

5 Sams

Lá nag Club (10.5.09)
Preliminary
   Club sets up a Lá na gClub sub-committee
   Club grounds are cleaned up for the weekend.
   All photographs of winning teams are brought up to date.
   Trophy cabinet updated.

Ceremonial
Mass for Deceased Members and rededication of Club Grounds etc.
Parade to field by all Club players behind club banner and a band.
Unveiling of plaques honouring those who created the club and nurtured the talent within the club (or other major historical figures who were members of the club)
Raising of the 125 flag (see attached document re availability)
Tree planting ceremony.
Time Capsule (which is buried in the field along with other items from the club decided upon by the members to be opened in 2034).
125 Memory Wall
Reunion of past teams.

Historical
   Exhibition in the club of all photographs, jerseys, DVDs, video etc.  All artefacts from the club's history.  Old teamsheets, minutes of meetings etc.  Turn the club into a museum for the weekend.  Request all members to bring photographs etc. for the display.
   Use the weekend to give out and collect questionnaires for the Oral History  Project with Boston University. .  http://www.bc.edu/centers/irish/gaahistory/

Games Related
*Underage blitz for up to Under 12 and a separate one for older underage players.
*Break the Parish up into four teams and play off two semi-finals and a final over the weekend.
(*For insurance purposes players must be currently registered with your Club and prior approval from your County Secretary is required for these games).
Rounders Competition (in conjunction with Cumann Chluiche Corr)
Poc Fada and Cic Fhada competition (must be held on Club grounds for insurance purposes).
45m free taking Competition.
An míle is gaiste – The fastest Mile competition.

If you have any queries regarding player or public liability for these events you should contact Roger Clancy, Insurance Officer, Croke Park 01 8363222 or rclancy@admingaa.ie .

Cultural
Presentation of scholarships for the gaeltacht.
Concert of Scór acts from years gone by and the present.
Tráth na gCeist.

The Aristocrat Years

bingobus

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 04, 2009, 01:50:20 AM
Quote from: Carbery on March 03, 2009, 07:33:40 PM

I was at a meeting the other night where the sec. of cavan county board said that bouncy castles can't come onto a GAA grounds due to insurances issues...

Yeah, we've been told the same and received it in offical correspondence.

Not covered under GAA insurance.