Allianz League Division 3 2020

Started by Ambrose, November 26, 2019, 05:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

A draw just about a fair result.

Game wasn't for the purists. At the end they were like two aul heavyweight boxers slogging it out....not able for the knock out punch.

Offaly maybe shuda won. They had some awful wides and hit the post with 5 mins to go.

Stay in Div 3 is best either of us can aspire to.

Ref had some unique decisions. Prob more against Offaly but he's from Mayo.....so he would know feck all about football.

Ambrose

Cork v Down next week, I'm not looking forward to it.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Shamrock Shore

Longford are at home to Leitrim next week and I would have to say that we are more than capable of getting the points on offer here, and possibly Div 3 security.

A welcome break (Longford have been on the go since early Jan) and then it's a Sat night game in Newry which will be a decent test.

Aristo 60

Even after just 2 rounds it is shaping up to be a league of the haves and the have nots.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ambrose

Can anyone see today's games going ahead? We've had 12 hours non stop rain here in Dublin, I can't imagine it's much different in most of the country.

Shamrock Shore

Longford 2-14
Leitrim 1-09

Not a great game in a swirly gale so we'll simply move on.

Longford's goal in injury time at the end sealed victory. Leitrim had good patches but they just couldn't handle the wind.

2 weeks now to the promotion challenge with Down in Newry. Winners here will fancy their changes of being promoted with the langers.

Blowitupref

The two results in Div 3 tonight.

Down 2-13 Longford 1-14
Tipperary 0-21 Cork 3-13
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Tough on Tipp to score 21 times and lose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ambrose

Shamrock Shore

Getting very interesting.

Offaly v Down on sunday will be the standout fixture. Winner will fancy their promotion chances.

We have Tipp at home so we hope to be there and there abouts come the last day.

Looks like Leitrim and Louth for the soup.

Aristo 60

What are the last 3 matches for each of the promotion contenders?

Down's are:

Offaly away
Leitrim home
Louth away

Should go to the last day you would think and Down would need to not only get the points but put up a big score somewhere too.

snoopdog

Quote from: Aristo 60 on February 24, 2020, 10:10:35 AM
What are the last 3 matches for each of the promotion contenders?

Down's are:

Offaly away
Leitrim home
Louth away

Should go to the last day you would think and Down would need to not only get the points but put up a big score somewhere too.
I assumed 3 wins for Down would be sufficient. As head to head would put them above Derry and Longford and Offally.

Aristo 60

But if we don't beat Offaly and there is a three way tie between us Derry and Offaly? What happens then? We would need a better SD?

extra time

Surely if Cork keep on winning it will affect the lower positions. Down have played Cork but i think Derry and Longford have still to play them.