China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on May 31, 2020, 12:21:14 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on May 30, 2020, 11:09:08 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2020, 05:39:11 PM
Dublin 7 jumping on the new 2020 version of bash public service workers by stopping their agreed payrise.
Shine lights and clap hands but don't pay the fkrs!!
Young FG upper class won't be getting their way on this one.
Rossfan must be a civil servant and failed maths in school.

The country is facing into an economic recession and he thinks we should increase public sector wages. How exactly do you think we pay for this?
The same way we paid private hospitals €350m for 3 months.
The same way were going to have to spend €Billions to stimulate the economy.
Pay increase is already approved .
I'm told its gross cost is €240m in a full year of which about €120m will be deducted so its net €120m to the Exchequer.
Another 20% at least will go back to the exchequer in VAT/Excise duty and the rest will go to the Irish private sector buying goods and services.
Ar scáth a céile a mharann na daoine.
Now remember the €350m to the Private Hospitals....
That will go to the Millionaire owners of said Hospitals who no doubt are "tax efficient"= off to the Cayman Islands and screw Paddy.
I am not a Civil servant by the way- have a humble post in the greater public service and the 2% will equate to around €300 in my pocket in a full year.
Might lodge it in the Cayman Islands......
The pay increase has been approved. That doesn't mean that can't reverse it based on exceptional circumstances. How many in the private sector had to take unexpected pay cuts or were made unemployed? No one in the public sector had to worry about their job or taking a pay cut. At least you agree we have a hole in the public exchequer, you just don't care the pay rise makes it bigger. I suppose it is all about no.1

It might ONLY be €300 to you, but multiply that by 300,000 workers in the public's sector and that's real money

Rossfan

You just don't get it Dublin7.
The €90m you're so concerned about ( it will only be about €22m out of €90Bn* the State will likely spend this year) will be spent in the Irish economy mainly going to small local businesses etc.
You in your blindness would prefer austerity and cuts and local small businesses closing down just to get at public service workers.

* Including stimulus packages and the Q of people looking for State aid creches,  hotels, restaurants, farmers, sports bodies etc Local Councils ....

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

Well it's clear that people can't stick to 6 people at a distance of 2m so yes I do think having half these in school would help. That's why I think they should be back. But no the teachers won't go back. They should be made go back end off.

imtommygunn

So the new message is teachers are the bad guys?

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 31, 2020, 03:56:28 PM

No! Teachers are some of the best people in society I know. What I am saying is that if you have no work and you are in the private sector, You get €350 a week. Why is it not the same for Teachers? Why do they get 6 months Holidays on full pay? The problem we have with workers getting full pay doing nothing is there is no incentive to work.  No incentive to even try. While they have it easy we (the working community) have to balance child care and teaching while holding down a Job.

armaghniac

Teachers do gave work, the only point of debate is whether they are doing it well.

Meanwhile, everyone at illegal party in S o sin infected with virus
https://www.businessinsider.com/birthday-party-in-spain-linked-to-outbreak-of-coronavirus-cases-2020-5?r=US&IR=T
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

delgany

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 31, 2020, 04:25:18 PM

No! Teachers are some of the best people in society I know. What I am saying is that if you have no work and you are in the private sector, You get €350 a week. Why is it not the same for Teachers? Why do they get 6 months Holidays on full pay? The problem we have with workers getting full pay doing nothing is there is no incentive to work.  No incentive to even try. While they have it easy we (the working community) have to balance child care and teaching while holding down a Job.

Teachers are not contracted to work in july and august .There contracts equate to 40 weeks .
Historically , teachers were paid from Sept to June. Many had summer jobs . In mid 80s, terms and conditions were changed to pay their 10 month contract over 12 months .

Schools in north open for supervising  key workers and providing home learning packs / online work.

Are schools in south completely closed and parents left to their own devices ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: delgany on May 31, 2020, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 31, 2020, 04:25:18 PM

Teachers are not contracted to work in july and august .There contracts equate to 40 weeks .
Historically , teachers were paid from Sept to June. Many had summer jobs . In mid 80s, terms and conditions were changed to pay their 10 month contract over 12 months .

Schools in north open for supervising  key workers and providing home learning packs / online work.

Are schools in south completely closed and parents left to their own devices ?

Yes, schools are closed. One email a week of coursework for the week! No correcting of course work. Parents left with the juggling act of trying to still work and do course work with kids.

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on May 31, 2020, 12:32:01 PM
You just don't get it Dublin7.
The €90m you're so concerned about ( it will only be about €22m out of €90Bn* the State will likely spend this year) will be spent in the Irish economy mainly going to small local businesses etc.
You in your blindness would prefer austerity and cuts and local small businesses closing down just to get at public service workers.

* Including stimulus packages and the Q of people looking for State aid creches,  hotels, restaurants, farmers, sports bodies etc Local Councils ....

Its €90m this year and an additional €260m next year the gov has to find to fund the pay rises.

I never suggested pay cuts,  (that only applies to the rest of us in the private sector) Public sector workers would still get the same salaries they always did.

I'm all for timulus packages to SME's. They can stimulate the economy and create employment. Public Sector pay rises won't create employment and lead to an increase in taxes to fund your pay rise

Cunny Funt

Another week over and another week whereby cases and deaths has dropped in the ROI.  if my calculations are correct 176 less cases than last week 10 less deaths. Certain counties are controling the virus well, Sligo 15 without a case, Kerry 12, Wexford 11 and Donegal 10 days.

Next Sunday will be three* weeks since some restrictions was lifted a possibility that cases could rise again but hopefully not.

* thanks for the correction Smurfy.

Rossfan

Dublin 7 you really are dense.
Public service pay rises will mean more money circulating and being spent in local small businesses.
The €260m you mentioned will be around €130m net cost to the Exchequer.
The spending of that €130m will generate around €35m in VAT and Excise etc fir the Exchequer.
The remaining €95m in the hands of local small businesses is the equivalent of c3,000 full time jobs whose PAYE etc will return around €8m to the Exchequer and save paying c€30m unemployment.
But some prefer Independent Newspapers/Young Fine Gael economics instead.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

Cunny it's 2 weeks tomorrow since the south lifted restrictions and doesn't seem to be a spike on the way. Purely going by other countries a big spike is highly u unlikely.
Denmark Austria Norway are now 7 weeks post lockdown and cases all down below 30 which was a drop week on week.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 31, 2020, 07:43:43 PM
Cunny it's 2 weeks tomorrow since the south lifted restrictions and doesn't seem to be a spike on the way. Purely going by other countries a big spike is highly u unlikely.
Denmark Austria Norway are now 7 weeks post lockdown and cases all down below 30 which was a drop week on week.

2 weeks before signs, so give it another week ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Feels like we are talking about this spike this months. O wait

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 31, 2020, 08:22:21 PM
Feels like we are talking about this spike this months. O wait

I suppose without the lockdown we'd have had the same number of deaths. Oh wait
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea