Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I think you're putting too much faith in our development squads which are severely under rwsourced

Timmy

Maybe so, but there's not many lads who have played senior with Laois over the last 20 years who haven't played underage with Laois. It's a small county, the county standard players are known from early on.

High Fielder

If development squads were the safety net that you're saying they are, then why are we producing very little? Lads don't live their life in the bubble of a development squad; sooner or later they go back to clubs where for the most part of the year, lads are playing in half speed league football. The whole ethos of Laois football is wrong and needs to be changed before we fall off the cliff altogether. There is very little to recommend what we're currently doing.

From the Terrace

on laois gaa website, the fixture is up for relegation final of Graigue vs Emo is this just an error or have graigue done something wrong vs the heath?

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: From the Terrace on September 05, 2016, 04:26:12 PM
on laois gaa website, the fixture is up for relegation final of Graigue vs Emo is this just an error or have graigue done something wrong vs the heath?
It's unlikely the Laois GAA website is wrong.  :)
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

From the Terrace

True. On the championship portlaoise are not going to be ran close this year after last years scare, interesting thing will they add the intermediate or junior to their inevitable senior title.. 

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Think it's just a mistake (another one), there was certainly no problems at the game and Graiguecullen won it convincingly..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Dave like the tv channel

Noticed that. Thought I was misinformed about Graigue winning. The Heath play Emo.

Saint75

One thing that needs to be put right in this county is that every player should have the opertunity to play Senior football if good enough.

This can be done with area teams very easily and I can't understand why it isn't in place already.

I'm not suggesting it's the answer to all problems but it is something that can be done and has a lot of positives to it.

Ideally, relegate teams from senior (how many is debatable) and establish 2,3 or 4 area teams. Allow any team that is not senior to represent an area.

Gives all players a chance to play senior
Creates a bit of interest in the local championship
Strengthens the intermediate grade
Takes pressure off clubs to keep players at small clubs

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Fixtures

16/09/2016
19:45 Arles Kilcruise  v Crettyard Gaels           O'Moore Park   

17/09/2016
15:30 The Heath  v  Emo                                McCann Park  (Relegation Final )
18:00 Ballyroan Abbey  v   Arles/Killeen           O'Moore Park   
19:30 Portlaoise GAA  v  St Joseph's                O'Moore Park

18/09/2016
19:00 Stradbally  v  Ballylinan                         O'Moore Park
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

I expect Portlaoise, the 2 Arles teams and Strad to come through.
Would be nice to see Ballylinan or Ballyroan Abbey getting a win.
Presume Killeen will be all out to "win it for Danny"!

Uisce

16/09/2016
19:45 Arles Kilcruise  v Crettyard Gaels           O'Moore Park   -> Crettyard aren't a bad side but Arles experience should see them through.

17/09/2016
15:30 The Heath  v  Emo                                McCann Park  (Relegation Final ) -> I have a feeling Emo might just pull it out of the fire. Could be game of the weekend!
18:00 Ballyroan Abbey  v   Arles/Killeen           O'Moore Park   -> Hard enough to call but think Arles will prevail if Kingston's are on form.
19:30 Portlaoise GAA  v  St Joseph's                O'Moore Park -> Portlaoise.

18/09/2016
19:00 Stradbally  v  Ballylinan                         O'Moore Park -> Probably not much of a surprise but I think Ballylinan will nick this one.

Hopefully we will be in for some good games anyway!

BallyroanAbu

Kilcruise V Cretty has to be Kilcruise with Cretty having no Ballinakill players, all those for amalgamations would think again if they had this one. 
BallyroanAbbey V Kileen  Tough game Ballyroan fingers crossed
Portlaoise V St Josephs  I am going for the shock of shocks here ST JOSEPHS
Ballylinan V Stradbally Draw   

some accum

redsetanta

St Joesphs may have learned alot from their defeat to Kilcruise however I don't think they would have learned enough to beat Portlaoise. They did look to be in a commanding position at half time in that game mind.

Here's hoping though.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

El Jefe

Like the majority I think it'll be the Arles two, Portlaoise & Stradbally but maybe Ballylinan might be the surprise one
Emo v The Heath is a tough one to call, could be a serious battle