Stopping Donaghy ?? Easy Peasy...

Started by AbbeySider, January 03, 2008, 02:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

What if other teams were to kick the ball to half back line all of the time ? Stop kicking it down the middle to O'Shea ?

By the way, is Darragh giving it another go next year ??

Tyrone Dreamer

Francie Bellew already did mark him and was left on his arse as Donaghy stored a crucial goal. The same Bellew also once tried to mark Stephen O'Neill in an ulster final, dont think he'll ever be allowed to try that again.

BallyhaiseMan

its a shame Meath lost to Cork Last year, it would have been interesting seeing how the greatest full back of this generation in my opinion Darren Fay would have coped with Donaghy.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: AbbeySider on January 03, 2008, 02:28:02 PM
Its that easy guys...

Seriously though, in theory that all sounds great but its a little dangerous playing in front of your man like that.
Especially in a pitch with open spaces like Croke Park and marking a great player... Sometimes you can get severely punished by a good forward when playing in front.

I think they are forgetting that if Donaghy did get the ball over your head there is open country between him and the goal with only the keeper to beat...

At least that would be some improvement from last year  ;D

AbbeySider

Quote from: topgun on January 03, 2008, 04:15:11 PM
I think people are getting too focused on one player on the kerry team, there is more to kerry than donaghy...

:D  :D  :D

Mickey Moran made that exact assumption and it cost Mayo big time in the 06 AIF !
It was a huge mistake to underestimate the Kerry FF line, especially Donaghy.
Moran and Morrison found themselves 2-03 to 0-0 down and had to bring on Brady after only 11 minutes!!