10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 09, 2013, 01:16:09 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2013, 01:08:09 PM
You Tyrone ones sure put up great arguments  ::)

I thought you had to be over 12 to be a member on this board? Looks like we have a few under age.

22 pages of crying over a game which took place ten years ago and we're the immature ones?  :P Ah lighten up. The moaning from Armagh and Kerry on this thread is a source of immense pleasure to Tyrone posters. It baffles me why ye all insist on continuing to post on it for that very reason, but I'm not complaining! Here's to the next 22 pages!! ;D

If this thread reaches 50 pages Nally, i'm going to eat an apple........
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

rrhf

BennyHarp

Quote from: general_lee on October 11, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 10, 2013, 06:51:37 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 10, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Is it not telling that Tyrone folk see things differently than 31 other counties?
Most other counties don't give a rats arss about it.  Armagh people have being crying on about it for ten years and I am yet to hear anyone from the county call Marsden out for lifting his hands in an All-Ireland final and falling for Jordans gamesmanship.  Marsden was experienced enough to know better and if it had  have been a Tyrone man sent off I would have been livid with him for reducing us to 14 men. All this agro towards Jordan over the years only serves to excuse Marsden from his guilt in helping Tyrone to their first All-Ireland win. Thanks Dairmuid for your contribution to our success.
Anyone I have ever spoken to outside of Tyrone has sided with Marsden.

The agro is fully deserved by the way. A blatant act of cheating that tainted Tyrone's maiden victory. So well done Phillip on making a dick of yourself that day. That's what you'll be remembered for in that game.

Also from your last sentence you seem to think the incident itself was the winning and losing of the game, which most Tyrone folk deny (and I agree believe it or not).

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 11, 2013, 11:34:38 AM
I'm curious then how many of ye will say that Marsden did strike out at him and there was definite contact?
Was it with a closed fist or an open hand?

Was there no contact at all like general lee is saying? - "Didn't lay a finger on him"
I would have thought if someone was coming charging at you then you would put your two hands out in front of you to deflect them away from you so they fall to the ground or something like that.
From my memory,  Marsden lifts his fist up and swings out at him. I would like to see it again though to remind myself.
You are now mincing my words. What I said was that if you look at the picture that was posted a few pages back, Marsden doesn't have a hand on Jordan, which is clear for all to see. It is Jordan who has the clenched fist.

Of course contact was made. Jordan ran at him like a deranged idiot, and Diarmaid put his hands up. Both of them. He didn't swing. I was at the game and remember it clear as day. I have never seen someone swing with both hands (or fists) simultaneously.

Whether he caught him in the face is irrelevant because it was an instinctive reaction and there was no malice, unlike Jordan. The subsequent theatrics led to White, who did not see the incident nor consulted his officials, sending Marsden off.

I must run at a few boys some night outside Hagan's to see what reaction I get  :D

This is the most laughable nonsense yet.

Firstly, your using a still photo as evidence as to whether Marsden struck Jordan? Really? So nothing could have happened either side of the split millisecond in that photo?

Secondly, of course it matters if he caught him in the face ffs!
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

O`Neill its time to lock this thread it starting to get embarrassing

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: general_lee on October 11, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on October 10, 2013, 06:51:37 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 10, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Is it not telling that Tyrone folk see things differently than 31 other counties?
Most other counties don't give a rats arss about it.  Armagh people have being crying on about it for ten years and I am yet to hear anyone from the county call Marsden out for lifting his hands in an All-Ireland final and falling for Jordans gamesmanship.  Marsden was experienced enough to know better and if it had  have been a Tyrone man sent off I would have been livid with him for reducing us to 14 men. All this agro towards Jordan over the years only serves to excuse Marsden from his guilt in helping Tyrone to their first All-Ireland win. Thanks Dairmuid for your contribution to our success.
Anyone I have ever spoken to outside of Tyrone has sided with Marsden.

The agro is fully deserved by the way. A blatant act of cheating that tainted Tyrone's maiden victory. So well done Phillip on making a dick of yourself that day. That's what you'll be remembered for in that game.

Also from your last sentence you seem to think the incident itself was the winning and losing of the game, which most Tyrone folk deny (and I agree believe it or not).

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 11, 2013, 11:34:38 AM
I'm curious then how many of ye will say that Marsden did strike out at him and there was definite contact?
Was it with a closed fist or an open hand?

Was there no contact at all like general lee is saying? - "Didn't lay a finger on him"
I would have thought if someone was coming charging at you then you would put your two hands out in front of you to deflect them away from you so they fall to the ground or something like that.
From my memory,  Marsden lifts his fist up and swings out at him. I would like to see it again though to remind myself.
You are now mincing my words. What I said was that if you look at the picture that was posted a few pages back, Marsden doesn't have a hand on Jordan, which is clear for all to see. It is Jordan who has the clenched fist.

Of course contact was made. Jordan ran at him like a deranged idiot, and Diarmaid put his hands up. Both of them. He didn't swing. I was at the game and remember it clear as day. I have never seen someone swing with both hands (or fists) simultaneously.

Whether he caught him in the face is irrelevant because it was an instinctive reaction and there was no malice, unlike Jordan. The subsequent theatrics led to White, who did not see the incident nor consulted his officials, sending Marsden off.

I must run at a few boys some night outside Hagan's to see what reaction I get  :D

General Lee, he didnt't consult his umpires? Thought you remembered it clearly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NASQbXQOFw

9 Minute 17 Seconds.

stibhan

So, have Armagh never knocked anyone out of the Championship with a dodgy decision?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2014, 12:26:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4JItFEA84
Cheers O'Neill
I have only watched the first 20 minutes but it's very good.

Mrs Brolly is very sharp.
and the Kevin McAleer stuff was priceless.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU