10 Years Ago Today. Tyrone 0-12 Armagh 0-9.

Started by ONeill, September 28, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 01:45:17 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 29, 2013, 08:09:54 AM
Or you could stick to the facts?

2003 AI Semi Final.Ugliest game of all time.Fact.

2003 AI Final.Injury feigned to get an opposing player sent off at a crucial stage of the game.Fact.

2005.Ulster Final replay,two players sent off.Fact

2005 AI Final.Greatest player of the modern era almost loses an eye due to gouging.Fact

2013 AI quarter final,Monaghan player hauled down enroute to goal,prompting the correct forthright analysis of Tyrone's decade of cynicism and spoiling tactics,permeated right down through all levels of the sport,delivered not be a southern born pundit,but from one born in Derry.

Id like to add...

McMenamin's knees almost decapitate McEntee.

Canavans dive to win penalty v Down 03

Cavanagh taking out McGeeney 05

McGuigan gets Gregory McCartan sent off 03

Also the persistent goading, thumping, slabbering and underhand tactics to opponents by the likes of McMenamin, Gormley, Jordan down the years. And persistent diving by Canavan, Cavanagh, Mulligan etc to win handy frees.

Ive said it before, even though Harte brought Tyrone success, his tactics have really dragged down the game this last decade.

I will weigh in with the 'spectacle' that was the Derry v Tyrone replay in Casement in '03 featuring Peter 'Greg Louganis ' Canavan and Brian 'Tom Daley' Dooher. A defender went within a hair's breath and these boys went to ground. Cheating reaped dividends & prospered from that day forth  :(

Farrandeelin

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 29, 2013, 08:34:11 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2013, 08:18:15 AM
Still only managed to beat Mayo once...in an era when everryone and anyone could :P

In that 10 year period Mayo got to 4 All Ireland finals - I'd hardly say everyone and anyone could beat them in that era.

I mean the Johnno mark 2 era!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rodman

2003 AI Final.Injury feigned to get an opposing player sent off at a crucial stage of the game.Fact.

2005 AI Final.Greatest player of the modern era almost loses an eye due to gouging.Fact

2013 AI quarter final,Monaghan player hauled down enroute to goal,prompting the correct forthright analysis of Tyrone's decade of cynicism and spoiling tactics,permeated right down through all levels of the sport,delivered not be a southern born pundit,but from one born in Derry.

Id like to add...

Also the persistent goading, thumping, slabbering and underhand tactics to opponents by the likes of McMenamin, Gormley, Jordan down the years. And persistent diving by Canavan, Cavanagh, Mulligan etc to win handy frees.

Ive said it before, even though Harte brought Tyrone success, his tactics have really dragged down the game this last decade.

Wow, you really are bitter about Tyrone's success or is it more to do with Armagh's failures after 2002. I'm sure you thought at the end of 2002 that Armagh would go on and dominate but up steps Mickey Harte and Tyrone who go on and become one of the greatest teams ever while Armagh slump back into the wilderness where they belong. Tyrone will win another 5 Sam's before Armagh even get close.  I suppose I can see why you are so bitter then.

haveaharp

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 29, 2013, 08:28:49 AM

Both players had their cards rescinded after the 2005 final - fact. Which means that the decision to send them off and in effect award the game to Armagh was 100% wrong! Armagh by then had realised that they'd never beat that Tyrone team playing football - their bully boy tactics when Peter came on was shameful and unfortunately was a trademark of that great team.

Go watch the first half of the 2003 semi again,Tony. As near football perfection as you will get - this comment is as much fact as your statement that it was the ugliest game of all time. (Did you see last Sundays match by the way - now that was ugly?) The second half of the 2003 semi was about a team overcoming years of defeats to get a job done - it hardly defines 10 years of football.

Marsden struck Jordan - fact.

Yeah Marsden was known for that sort of thing. Stick to the facts Jordan took a run at Marsden and Marsden fell for it. And a certain tr**p clapped at the decision of the ref. Those are the facts. Why else was the red card over turned.

BennyCake

Quote from: Rodman on September 29, 2013, 02:26:37 PM

Id like to add...

Wow, you really are bitter about Tyrone's success or is it more to do with Armagh's failures after 2002. I'm sure you thought at the end of 2002 that Armagh would go on and dominate but up steps Mickey Harte and Tyrone who go on and become one of the greatest teams ever while Armagh slump back into the wilderness where they belong. Tyrone will win another 5 Sam's before Armagh even get close.  I suppose I can see why you are so bitter then.

They are facts. It's nothing to do with bitterness. Speaking of bitter, I sense it in your own post. Maybe it's because we got our hands on Sam before Tyrone did?

Tyrone one of the greatest sides? Well that's only your opinion.

Tyrone will win 5 Sams before we even get close. Great statement. How old are you, twelve?!

DuffleKing

The thing that annoyed me about McMenamin's act on john was that it was so cowardly and typical of the man and their group - theyd the balls to appeal ffs. McEntee was defensless on the ground. If both men were on their feet McMenamin would have run the other way.

Rodman

Quote from: BennyCake on September 29, 2013, 02:48:28 PM
Quote from: Rodman on September 29, 2013, 02:26:37 PM

Id like to add...

They are facts. It's nothing to do with bitterness. Speaking of bitter, I sense it in your own post. Maybe it's because we got our hands on Sam before Tyrone did?

Tyrone one of the greatest sides? Well that's only your opinion.

Tyrone will win 5 Sams before we even get close. Great statement. How old are you, twelve?!

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to put a list together of some Armagh "facts" that would be on par with Tyrone's. Armagh were certainly no angels. Armagh are now about as relevant as the Longfords, Westmeath's and Limerick's of the GAA world while Tyrone will continue to dine at the top table. I guess that what annoys you most but you are going to have to accept it as that my friend is definitely a " fact" .

armaghniac

Tyrone are still at the top table, serving the food.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: Rodman on September 29, 2013, 03:02:37 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to put a list together of some Armagh "facts" that would be on par with Tyrone's. Armagh were certainly no angels. Armagh are now about as relevant as the Longfords, Westmeath's and Limerick's of the GAA world while Tyrone will continue to dine at the top table. I guess that what annoys you most but you are going to have to accept it as that my friend is definitely a " fact" .

If you think it's easy, go ahead. Make a list.

Why would I be annoyed about Tyrone? A team that has done very little since 2008. The same as ourselves. I think you're deluding yourself about that top table.

Aristo 60

2003 AI Final.Injury feigned to get an opposing player sent off at a crucial stage of the game.Fact. Ditto Ulster final

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once