Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I think some of the Armagh hatred for Tyrone over the years has subsided for many but the red arses still seem to have a bee in their bonnett for us. I suppose I can understand it to a certain extent but the current team don't have much dirty or cynical players like Derry used to hate back in the 90s or 00s.

Any Down fan I met after the game on Sunday was very hopeful for our chances and said would love us to go on and beat the Dubs. I think if we don't go back into our defensive shell like last year then a lot of neutrals would like to see Tyrone challenge Dublin and Kerry.

Il Bomber Destro

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 19, 2017, 03:14:18 PM
Isn't Derry's season over?

Does a season just comprise senior county football. Perhaps you are another Club Tyrone band-wagoner with little interest in your mediocre standard of club football.

ziggysego

The Minors were playing.

I was there 30 mins before the minor match, wanted to watch it. Around me, the majority of Tyrone supporters were cheering for Derry, myself included. Only one was supporting Monaghan.

So whilst a few may be at that behaviour, to tar the entire county as that...... makes you wonder why so many of us supported Doire in the first place.
Testing Accessibility

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ziggysego on July 19, 2017, 03:22:40 PM

The Minors were playing.

I was there 30 mins before the minor match, wanted to watch it. Around me, the majority of Tyrone supporters were cheering for Derry, myself included. Only one was supporting Monaghan.

So whilst a few may be at that behaviour, to tar the entire county as that...... makes you wonder why so many of us supported Doire in the first place.

Minors is different Ziggy. Not having that one LOL.

Main Street

Quote from: ziggysego on July 19, 2017, 03:22:40 PM

The Minors were playing.

The blue shirt was it?
I suppose we (in free Ulster) all look the same to you Tyronies.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 19, 2017, 03:22:04 PM

Does a season just comprise senior county football. Perhaps you are another Club Tyrone band-wagoner with little interest in your mediocre standard of club football.

I just asked if Derry's season was over.

I was wondering what Derry lads were doing outside of the clubs threads. Off to the rugby club for you this summer so, old chap.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 19, 2017, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 19, 2017, 03:22:04 PM

I just asked if Derry's season was over.

I was wondering what Derry lads were doing outside of the clubs threads. Off to the rugby club for you this summer so, old chap.

Its the off-season chum. Sure you know that being a closet......rugby fan.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 19, 2017, 03:02:55 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on July 19, 2017, 02:49:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2017, 02:13:11 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 19, 2017, 01:38:28 PM
Quote from: Low and Hard on July 19, 2017, 01:31:11 PM
Tyrone fans chanting 'Theres no ******derry in Tyrone' to the young Derry minors when they were walking to their seats in first half of senior game. Was really bad taste IMO. And they wonder why other counties don't like them ::)

'No London in Tyrone'.

Never gets old.

There's no London in any other County either yet I've never heard this statement by anyone else other than a Tyronie . . . I know you think people just came up with it out of nowhere but there is a reason why the country hates you!

I still think many would rather see Dublin win another All Ireland than Tyrone!

Is the reason we beat ye by 11 points two years on the trot?

Its actually a compliment to be 'hated'.  Nobody hates Derry simply because youse are dung.  If youse were any use you would have your fair share of critics.

But you've always been hated even when you were dung!!

red hander

Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2017, 05:01:35 PM
Tyrone fans chanting 'Theres no ******derry in Tyrone' to the young Derry minors when they were walking to their seats in first half of senior game. Was really bad taste IMO. And they wonder why other counties don't like them ::)

'No London in Tyrone'.

Never gets old.

There's no London in any other County either yet I've never heard this statement by anyone else other than a Tyronie . . . I know you think people just came up with it out of nowhere but there is a reason why the country hates you!

Its actually a compliment to be 'hated'.  Nobody hates Derry simply because youse are dung.  If youse were any use you would have your fair share of critics.

Aw, diddums. In my memory, and I've been going to games for years, the first time that particular song was sung was in direct response to cocky inbreds singing 'There's no Sam Maguire in Tyrone' not long after Derry won their only All-Ireland. It soon shut the inbreds up, and they've been living in our shadow ever since. For my part, I'd rather see Linfield win an All-Ireland before Derry, and the way things are going, they are likely to do so before any man from Derry ever climbs the steps of the Hogan Stand again  ;D

reddgnhand

Heard the chants and I was embarrassed and disgusted by it. The people chanting that sort of shite are arseholes plain and simple. It offends me just as much as any Derry man.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 19, 2017, 06:01:36 PM

Heard the chants and I was embarrassed and disgusted by it. The people chanting that sort of shite are arseholes plain and simple. It offends me just as much as any Derry man.

I'm no fan either, bad form, and long since past time it ceased! :(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

JoG2

Quote from: red hander on July 19, 2017, 05:15:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2017, 05:01:35 PM

'No London in Tyrone'.

Never gets old.

Aw, diddums. In my memory, and I've been going to games for years, the first time that particular song was sung was in direct response to cocky inbreds singing 'There's no Sam Maguire in Tyrone' not long after Derry won their only All-Ireland. It soon shut the inbreds up, and they've been living in our shadow ever since. For my part, I'd rather see Linfield win an All-Ireland before Derry, and the way things are going, they are likely to do so before any man from Derry ever climbs the steps of the Hogan Stand again  ;D

Go on ye boy ye!

Sure didn't Oisin McCloskey not climb the steps of the Hogan Stand a couple of months ago?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 19, 2017, 06:10:34 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on July 19, 2017, 06:01:36 PM

I'm no fan either, bad form, and long since past time it ceased! :(

Ah lads it used to make me a bit uneasy to but the Derry wans reaction soon helps you forget about that.

omaghjoe

Watched Hampsey's (or Hampshey/ :D ) interview there.... unnnn-real!,.... un-ba-lay-vabel!