Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Taylor on July 10, 2017, 01:17:04 PM
Love Ulster Final week

Genuinely hope Down can make a game of it and can stay with us to at least half time. We need a bigger test before 1/4 finals.

MH genuinely has plenty of conundrums with team selection. Sean & Collie both had knocks so he may not take chances with them unless they are really needed (which really should not be the case)

Roll on Sunday evening......  ;D

I have visions of Down people quoting this post at 4pm on Sunday!!

Does Donegal's performance against Longford, and a lesser extent Meath, throw a different light on our semi final win. I think we will beat Down by 3-4 on Sunday but still not clear where we stand in relation to the top two of Kerry/Dublin.

Taylor

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 10, 2017, 01:24:37 PM
Love Ulster Final week

Genuinely hope Down can make a game of it and can stay with us to at least half time. We need a bigger test before 1/4 finals.

MH genuinely has plenty of conundrums with team selection. Sean & Collie both had knocks so he may not take chances with them unless they are really needed (which really should not be the case)

I have visions of Down people quoting this post at 4pm on Sunday!!

Does Donegal's performance against Longford, and a lesser extent Meath, throw a different light on our semi final win. I think we will beat Down by 3-4 on Sunday but still not clear where we stand in relation to the top two of Kerry/Dublin.

I very much doubt the OG. :P

That is the big concern - where do we really stand. However same can be said of Mayo. Are Derry that good or were Mayo that bad?

All if's & but's however I do know we could do with a tough game before the business end comes calling

Redhand Santa

Love Ulster Final week

You are obviously a wind up trying to say down have no chance at every opportunity. They drew with us 2 or 3 years ago and beat us after a replay in 08 when we were all Ireland champions. They beat a very decent Monaghan team the last day out and will take a lot of confidence from it.

Down lads very quiet ahead of the game on here. Thought there'd be more talk from them.

lfdown2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 10, 2017, 01:42:31 PM
Love Ulster Final week

You are obviously a wind up trying to say down have no chance at every opportunity. They drew with us 2 or 3 years ago and beat us after a replay in 08 when we were all Ireland champions. They beat a very decent Monaghan team the last day out and will take a lot of confidence from it.

Down lads very quiet ahead of the game on here. Thought there'd be more talk from them.

sure we're only going for the spin

Aristo 60

Taylor

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 10, 2017, 01:42:31 PM
Love Ulster Final week

So because I dont think Down have a chance I am a wind up?  :o

Right so

Il Bomber Destro

If Tyrone's attitude is right I'd fully expect us to win as we have much more proven quality than Down.

In saying that, I've been surprised and impressed with Down so far, they look an extremely well drilled and coached side. They have lots of pace and energy in that side and possess some players of great quality in the likes of McKernan, Mooney and O'Hanlon. They have a lot of new players I wouldn't be too familiar with Harrison, Millar and Donnelly have really impressed me so far this year.

I'd expect Tyrone to win by 4 or 5 but if they're not at Down have the ability to win this one.

Eamonn Burns has done a remarkable job this year. Over the last couple of years, Down have been at the lowest point I can remember them being at and he would shipped quite a lot of criticism for it.

Taylor

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 10, 2017, 02:30:39 PM
If Tyrone's attitude is right I'd fully expect us to win as we have much more proven quality than Down.

In saying that, I've been surprised and impressed with Down so far, they look an extremely well drilled and coached side. They have lots of pace and energy in that side and possess some players of great quality in the likes of McKernan, Mooney and O'Hanlon. They have a lot of new players I wouldn't be too familiar with Harrison, Millar and Donnelly have really impressed me so far this year.

I'd expect Tyrone to win by 4 or 5 but if they're not at Down have the ability to win this one.

Eamonn Burns has done a remarkable job this year. Over the last couple of years, Down have been at the lowest point I can remember them being at and he would shipped quite a lot of criticism for it.

That OHanlon lad reminds me a bit of Ricey. Gets under the skin of opposing players but a great talent.

Does Burns have much previous managerial experience?

The Trap

Down people seem to be getting more and more confident as the game approaches. Buoyed by the performances of Roscommon v Galway and Derry v Mayo, plus the teams they have already defeated Armagh and Monaghan making progress in the qualifiers they have reason to be confident. I am sure the Kilcoo contingent will be saying that they don't fear any Tyrone clubs and Down have beaten Tyrone before when they were not expected to.

This could be close......

Dire Ear

Think CCav could be on the subs with McClure or McNulty given a chance to impress.  Also wouldn't be surprised to see the younger Brennan being let loose.  Tyrone to win by 4 !!

skeog

are you for real Colm in the subs have you been watching football recently.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: skeog on July 10, 2017, 05:21:22 PM

He'll be doing his usual job and trying to make sure Harrison doesn't get on the ball.

Dire Ear

Quote from: skeog on July 10, 2017, 05:21:22 PM
Am fully aware of his displays, but with even a slight injury; he might be saved..only an idea

ziggysego

I'm always wary of Down. They are the sleeping giants of Ulster and every now-a-again they awake and shock everyone. In recent years, they have been unfortunate enough not to have won Ulster. I still fully expect Tyrone to win this game on Sunday, but they will have to be at their best to do so. No second best performance will get pass Down on Sunday. That been said, Down's time has to come and they are looking good this year and had some big scalps this year already. We could be the next one.

Still, of all the teams to go out to, Down is one I'd be happy to concede to. (I've just had a few whiskeys in me to kill the scoliosis pain and hayfever, so I may be dodally!) I can't handle the drink since I started Vimizim in November. Though some might argue I could never handle the drink.
Testing Accessibility

southtyronegael

saved for what? a round 4 qualifier? cause thats where we will be if we dont put our best team out and play to our potential.