Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ONeill on July 01, 2017, 09:27:58 PM
It'll be a great occasion. Down bring vibrant colour, support and knowledge to an Ulster final. They're a fine county.

We're a great bunch of lads altogether.

I thought Donegal were awful rather than  Tyrone being as good as people said after the semi but I wouldn't read too much into it - Monaghan will probably struggle over Wexford and people will say that Down just caught an overhyped and overrated Monaghan team on the hop. It's hard to get motivated for the qualifiers.

Carmen Stateside

Joe Cassidy
Garth mc Girr
Chris lawn
Fay Devlin
Paul Hog
Ferghal Logan
aiden Morris
plunkett Donaghy
Sid Corr
Cush
Adrain Kilpatrick
Stephen lawn
Barney Gormley
Canavan
Ciaran Loughran

Fuzzman

Was that the Gareth McGirr year?
Would never have remembered that.
Had you the programme or how did you remember that?
Where did he go after that?

Dire Ear

Aughafad

Joe McQuillan and Pauric Hughes must have naked pictures of those in the CCCC to keep getting these fixtures!
As an ulster man i have to say we produce the worse referees on the all ireland stage.

5 Sams

Anybody about Newry on the 14th could do worse than this...chance to meet some legends...like The Wobbler and Stevie Poacher!!! ;) ;) ;)

https://www.facebook.com/HarpsGAC/photos/gm.1534684156582628/1411855645528385/?type=3&theater
The Aristocrat Years

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Aughafad on July 04, 2017, 07:17:15 PM
Joe McQuillan and Pauric Hughes must have naked pictures of those in the CCCC to keep getting these fixtures!
As an ulster man i have to say we produce the worse referees on the all ireland stage.

McQuillan is probably one of the better referees from Ulster too. The new breed are all awful. Every one of them is far to fussy blowing up free after free for minimal contact and not letting the game flow. They don't seem to referee with any common sense at all. A good referee has to let the game go a bit - Hughes, Hurson, Cassidy and the Down ref who's name I forget are all awful.

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 05, 2017, 08:08:30 AM

McQuillan is probably one of the better referees from Ulster too. The new breed are all awful. Every one of them is far to fussy blowing up free after free for minimal contact and not letting the game flow. They don't seem to referee with any common sense at all. A good referee has to let the game go a bit - Hughes, Hurson, Cassidy and the Down ref who's name I forget are all awful.
The referee's job, is too blow for fouls not decide how to let a game flow. It is this letting a game flow that leads to the inconsistency in refereeing. It is either a foul or not. If it is then it needs to be given.

Aristo 60

By fup u won't be forgetting any Down boy's names after next Sunday ! Yeow!

Taylor

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 05, 2017, 10:09:03 AM

Jesus Christ. I thought people stopped saying 'Yeow' when they hit puberty?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on July 05, 2017, 10:03:14 AM

The referee's job, is too blow for fouls not decide how to let a game flow. It is this letting a game flow that leads to the inconsistency in refereeing. It is either a foul or not. If it is then it needs to be given.

You sound like a referee. A good referee isn't noticed during a game and lets it flow. He isn't there to be the centre of attention which some of these new referees seem to think is for the best. Awarding the most frees or giving out the most cards doesn't mean you did well. There are many marginal calls in gaelic that some referees give and some don't, those that let it flow are definitely better referees.

Some of them blow for frees that aren't even frees in the first place such as a good shoulder to shoulder challenge. And the fussy one's have ruined the advantage rule by putting their hand up for frees that weren't frees in the first place and then going back for the free when a player gets his advantage and misses the score 15 seconds later.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 05, 2017, 10:09:03 AM

Yeah I'll remember the Down lads names that you are complaining about for playing so poorly after the game.

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 05, 2017, 10:40:52 AM

You sound like a referee. A good referee isn't noticed during a game and lets it flow. He isn't there to be the centre of attention which some of these new referees seem to think is for the best. Awarding the most frees or giving out the most cards doesn't mean you did well. There are many marginal calls in gaelic that some referees give and some don't, those that let it flow are definitely better referees.

Some of them blow for frees that aren't even frees in the first place such as a good shoulder to shoulder challenge. And the fussy one's have ruined the advantage rule by putting their hand up for frees that weren't frees in the first place and then going back for the free when a player gets his advantage and misses the score 15 seconds later.
I agree they shouldn't blow if it is not a free, but if there is a foul they must call it, either by using advantage or a free.

Dire Ear

" A good referee isn't noticed during a game and lets it flow"
You can be fairly certain Joe McQ will be noticed........and not for the right reasons.  Loves the attention

Main Street

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on July 05, 2017, 10:46:46 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 05, 2017, 10:40:52 AM

I agree they shouldn't blow if it is not a free, but if there is a foul they must call it, either by using advantage or a free.
That's how advantage is applied.
If there is a foul play but still an advantage to be played, the ref acknowledges the advantage with a hand gesture and pulls the game back should it come to nowt.