Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 03, 2016, 07:28:33 PM
Arsenal making a play for Vardy.
they've triggered his release clause according to 5live. interesting to see if leicester can hold on their top players this summer.
nil satis nisi optimum

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 03, 2016, 07:28:33 PM
Arsenal making a play for Vardy.
Interesting, his game is based on counter attacking football, long ball over the top. Arsenal midfield not known for it putting it mildly.

Boycey

A completely untypical Arsene Wenger signing, which is maybe just what Arsenal need.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Utterly the wrong signing for Arsenal, based on what I've seen of Vardy so far. Unless Wenger has decided he can't go toe to toe with the big teams and is planning on a Tyrone / Donegal / Cavan like defend deep and hit on break approach.

Armamike

Have they offered one quid over the release amount?  Will be interesting to see if Leicester can hold on to their main players.  It's difficult for the likes of Leicester. Once clubs like this stick their head above the paraphet the bigger clubs come circling like vultures.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Syferus

Sensible choice for Arsenal and for Vardy with little competition at the club. His pace would offer something very different to the beanpole they have and make them a more dynamic team. For the money it's pretty good value even considering he's turned 29. Homegrown players cost more and with the new tv money coming online player prices are sure to inflate even more.

GJL

ONeill

Exciting squad accumulated.

Should be a momentous year.

String of great results in October, get through the CL group.....you know the rest....

50fiftyball

It might not turn out to be that bad of a window - Sky Sports confirmed that Mustafi has agreed to join, a fee now has to be agreed between clubs. If (a big if) we add a top class striker in addition to him before the end of the window. Things could be looking better. I expect him to add a striker with Giroud and Welbeck out, although then again who can predict Arsene..

Dinny Breen

Love Wenger, "You can see how much it hates the media generated furor around transfers".

A good transfer window is now a thing, wtf! Shows a "statement of intent". Transfer windows are the singular worst thing about football.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Seriously though. Saw this coming a mile off. Everyone did. Should never have been fielding a side like that.

Aaarrgghhh. Leicester next.

Wouldn't blame Ozil and Sanchez if they failed to put pen to paper.

Dinny Breen

All those new signings will take time to settle and gel.
#newbridgeornowhere