2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Don Draper on July 14, 2019, 11:54:17 PM
Savagely proud of our boys. As for Tipp, tramps to a man

You are a despicable and cowardly excuse for a man. Everyone in Tipp is a tr**p, everyone in Offaly is a c*^t by your anonymous estimation.

So do include lads like Brendan Cummins, the Tipp players who clapped the Laois team off the field and the vast majority of Tipp people who have nothing but respect for Laois hurling?

The Boy Wonder

seafoid

Nicky English . This is some praise coming from him

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/nicky-english-kilkenny-look-fine-tuned-while-tipp-still-off-key-1.3956539

"It's worth remarking on how hard Laois fought after three incredibly intense weeks. Ross King took his goal very well and Mark Kavanagh punished the Tipp indiscipline.
After a brilliant season under Eddie Brennan, the lap of honour was richly deserved."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

blueandwhite1

Fair play to the lads yesterday, they not only worked really hard but played some fabulous hurling. It is hard to believe how much some of our basic skills have improved as the championship has progressed. In reality, we should have been closer to Tipp as we fluffed our lines a few times in front of the posts. For sure, Tipp had another gear in reserve but delighted with the progress and the support. It was a pleasure to be watching a competitive Laois hurling team in front of such a massive crowd. The 'Laois laois laois' from the hill was brilliant. Hopefully more lads are bulling to get involved next year. I know this has been done before but would love to see the following fit and flying next year with Laois and pushing hard for places:

Camross: Gearoid Burke, Ciarán Collier, Dwayne Palmer
Portlaoise: Aaron Bergin, Cian Taylor
Ballinakill: Sean Downey
Rathdowney Errill: James Ryan, Paddy McCane, Tadhg Dowling
Borris Kilcotton: Joe Phelan, PJ Scully
Colt: James Keyes
Clough Ballacolla: Robbie Phelan
Shanahoe: Leigh Bergin
Clonaslee: Liam Senior

I'm sure there are more but the above list would make 15 vs 15 training matches worth watching. If for no other reason, lads should be looking to get into the set up to improve themselves. The difference Eddie and his team has made to individuals is massive.

thegreeenandgold

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on July 15, 2019, 10:45:54 AM

You are a despicable and cowardly excuse for a man. Everyone in Tipp is a tr**p, everyone in Offaly is a c*^t by your anonymous estimation.

So do include lads like Brendan Cummins, the Tipp players who clapped the Laois team off the field and the vast majority of Tipp people who have nothing but respect for Laois hurling?

Tipp will clap us off the pitch as long as we are getting beaten,  I doubt we get same treatment if they thought we were their  equal.  They have no respect for Laois hurling even though they may like the people involved.  When they try to take the head off you in the game that's respect, not some stupid clap at the end. It's not U10's your playing. 

redsetanta

Joe Campion would be another one.

What's the story with Podge Lawlor?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mad Mentor

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on July 15, 2019, 03:43:28 AM
Quote from: Giovanni on July 15, 2019, 12:13:41 AM
... The courage and class that these lads have shown is off the charts.

Well done to all. Eddie Brennan has really shown the best management skills since Brian Cody. Simply outstanding in every way. Well done to all.
Hear, hear!
All respect to Brian Cody, but Eddie has had to do what Cody never had to. Cody has always had fifty plus hurlers looking to beat down his door to get on the panel while Eddie has had to literally beg lads to join the Laois panel and it is a huge testament to his abilities that he has been so successful in doing so. Any player - club or county - will be familiar with the new manager speak: "this year will be different lads", "the past is the past" "we are going to win the All Ireland/Joe McDonagh/Junior B (delete as appropriate) this year", but to actually follow up on this and do what you have promised is rare. It is a testament to Eddies management skills - coupled with the desire and skills deep within this group of lads, that they have progressed so far this year.
   Next year will be tough. This time last year the focus was on Carlow and their progress, but how many times have they been talked about lately with respect to them being ready to join the "elite"? The talk about increasing the Leinster round-robin to six teams has been about allowing laois to develop, but this should have been on the agenda earlier as to how to bridge the gap between first and second tier hurling. If we had lost the Joe McDonagh final and subsequently lost - regardless of the margin - to Cork, and Westmeath had lost to Dublin, would there be the same talk about expanding the Leinster group? I think not. From its first creation, it was obvious that there needed to be six in the group to allow a "weaker" county to establish a foothold in the higher tier.
   Coming back to this year, I can't describe how proud I am to be from Laois at the moment. It has been an incredible summer, and if I could, I would like to thank every man on the whole panel individually for providing this. This years journey has been about so much more than a few star men, and go raibh míle maith agat to everyone involved.

Giovanni

Quote from: Mad Mentor on July 15, 2019, 11:37:15 AM
Quote from: Mossy Bruce on July 15, 2019, 03:43:28 AM
Quote from: Giovanni on July 15, 2019, 12:13:41 AM
... The courage and class that these lads have shown is off the charts.

Well done to all. Eddie Brennan has really shown the best management skills since Brian Cody. Simply outstanding in every way. Well done to all.
Hear, hear!
All respect to Brian Cody, but Eddie has had to do what Cody never had to. Cody has always had fifty plus hurlers looking to beat down his door to get on the panel while Eddie has had to literally beg lads to join the Laois panel and it is a huge testament to his abilities that he has been so successful in doing so. Any player - club or county - will be familiar with the new manager speak: "this year will be different lads", "the past is the past" "we are going to win the All Ireland/Joe McDonagh/Junior B (delete as appropriate) this year", but to actually follow up on this and do what you have promised is rare. It is a testament to Eddies management skills - coupled with the desire and skills deep within this group of lads, that they have progressed so far this year.
   Next year will be tough. This time last year the focus was on Carlow and their progress, but how many times have they been talked about lately with respect to them being ready to join the "elite"? The talk about increasing the Leinster round-robin to six teams has been about allowing laois to develop, but this should have been on the agenda earlier as to how to bridge the gap between first and second tier hurling. If we had lost the Joe McDonagh final and subsequently lost - regardless of the margin - to Cork, and Westmeath had lost to Dublin, would there be the same talk about expanding the Leinster group? I think not. From its first creation, it was obvious that there needed to be six in the group to allow a "weaker" county to establish a foothold in the higher tier.
   Coming back to this year, I can't describe how proud I am to be from Laois at the moment. It has been an incredible summer, and if I could, I would like to thank every man on the whole panel individually for providing this. This years journey has been about so much more than a few star men, and go raibh míle maith agat to everyone involved.

Wouldn't underestimate the job that Cody has done but fully agree with your sentiments.

clonadmad

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on July 15, 2019, 10:45:54 AM

+1

But you'd be worse to be replying to that fool of a man who contributes nothing on here

Goku

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on July 14, 2019, 07:31:22 PM
Quite a fright, there, when it looked liked Enda Rowland was going to go off due to injury. Who's the lad that was getting ready to sub for him? Did this lad get any play time during League or the Walsh Cup?

Tom Dunphy of Camross was the sub-Goalie Mossy, Don't think he got a run this year as he joined the panel late. He has made a few appearance for Laois previous years. More than able back-up who is just unlucky its Rowland and previously Reily ahead of him.

burdizzo

Flemming from Borris-Kilcotton, I assume, dropped off the panel himself again this year - as he did last year. Can't be very rewarding being understudy to Rowland, all the same.

Like Mad Mentor, I too would like to thank the management and players for their efforts this year. The victory over Dublin, and yesterday were fantastic days, and the support the team got goes to show there is a deep hunger for a bit of hurling success in the county.

Goku

Yeah, very hard on the Likes of Fleming and Dunphy to staying training when they cant get a look in, Especially when they miss club matches as a result too,

Great year to be fair, Hopefully next year is even better!

blueandwhite1

Quote from: redsetanta on July 15, 2019, 11:16:01 AM
Joe Campion would be another one.

What's the story with Podge Lawlor?

I meant Joe Campion rather than Joe Phelan. Podge would be another good addition.

Tony

Do you reckon we could be in line for multiple (4 or 5) all-star nominees...and, dare I ask, do you think we could actually have one or two all - stars named on the 15?