season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doohicky

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 24, 2009, 11:30:49 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on June 24, 2009, 11:15:39 AM
As I said, I await patiently my seat allocation for the Monaghan Armagh game at Clones. These seats will be allocated by headquarters, not the Ulster Council, and if the tickets are of good quality (as opposed to the crap allocated by Ulster Council) then we will all know who to blame.
It is hard to compare though Tony, an Ulster Championship First Round between Tyrone and Armagh was always going to generate more interest than a qualifier with Armagh & Monaghan.  So more 'decent' seats will be available for the qualifier, so to compare both is not correct.

What would you compare with then?

How about the Dublin v Meath game? In this the allocation of seats were superb.
I would imagine the stand for the Armagh v Monaghan will be just as full as the Armagh v Tyrone game.

T Fearon

Disagree. Whether its Armagh V Tyrone, Armagh V Monaghan, or Armagh V London, the seats allocated to season ticket holders  should be of good quality. Demand/Supply should not come into it.This is they way it is in all the other provinces,except Ulster.

Season ticket holders are guaranteed good quality seats in Croker in the same section of  lower Cusack for all Championship games,whether their counties play there in the All Ireland Final, Leinster Championship first round, or qualifier.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: T Fearon on June 24, 2009, 12:56:43 PM
Disagree. Whether its Armagh V Tyrone, Armagh V Monaghan, or Armagh V London, the seats allocated to season ticket holders  should be of good quality. Demand/Supply should not come into it.This is they way it is in all the other provinces,except Ulster.

Season ticket holders are guaranteed good quality seats in Croker in the same section of  lower Cusack for all Championship games,whether their counties play there in the All Ireland Final, Leinster Championship first round, or qualifier.

To be fair,t here are lot more "good quality" seats in Croke Park than Clones. What I don't understand is, since they were putting yis in the uncovered part of the Geriatric Stand anyway, why they just didn't give yis Pat McGrane tickets a bit higher up and more central.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on June 24, 2009, 12:56:43 PM

Please bear in mind the relative sizes of both stands though, there are more sections of the lower Cusack that they would consider prime seated areas and therefore allows more flexibility in allocating seats to season ticket holders as well as others who may be more deserving of prime seats.

T Fearon

The key point here is valuation of loyal members/fans/customers from whom the GAA in general and Ulster Council are guaranteed a substantial advanced income.

Would it have been a big deal to allocate tickets to such dedicated people in the middle section of the Gerry Arthurs Stand halfway between the front and back?

The Ulster Council should explain why they consider other people (ie cronies of sponsors, media clergy,politicians etc) are deserving of better tickets than season ticket holders, and why they act out of kilter with the other three provinces in this respect.

I know for a fact that the quality of tickets depends on who you know in the Ulster Council and would admit to benefitting from this myself in the past. In the good old days I could always have sorted out an official car park pass for Clones as well,all because I knew a man who knew a woman who worked for the Ulster Council

But season ticket holders should figure high up the list of priority allocations

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on June 24, 2009, 01:18:30 PM
The key point here is valuation of loyal members/fans/customers from whom the GAA in general and Ulster Council are guaranteed a substantial advanced income.

Would it have been a big deal to allocate tickets to such dedicated people in the middle section of the Gerry Arthurs Stand halfway between the front and back?

The Ulster Council should explain why they consider other people (ie cronies of sponsors, media clergy,politicians etc) are deserving of better tickets than season ticket holders, and why they act out of kilter with the other three provinces in this respect.

I know for a fact that the quality of tickets depends on who you know in the Ulster Council and would admit to benefitting from this myself in the past. In the good old days I could always have sorted out an official car park pass for Clones as well,all because I knew a man who knew a woman who worked for the Ulster Council

But season ticket holders should figure high up the list of priority allocations
Tony AFAIK anyone could apply for a season ticket this year regardless if they were a member of the association or not, by continually playing the elitist card you are demeaning your cause further IMO.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Has anyone got a link to the layout of St.Tiernach's Park, Clones or know where Section JC, Row C is. I want to see where they've put me. Thanks.

Maguire01

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 24, 2009, 11:30:49 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on June 24, 2009, 11:15:39 AM
As I said, I await patiently my seat allocation for the Monaghan Armagh game at Clones. These seats will be allocated by headquarters, not the Ulster Council, and if the tickets are of good quality (as opposed to the crap allocated by Ulster Council) then we will all know who to blame.
It is hard to compare though Tony, an Ulster Championship First Round between Tyrone and Armagh was always going to generate more interest than a qualifier with Armagh & Monaghan.  So more 'decent' seats will be available for the qualifier, so to compare both is not correct.
That's the reality, sure. But it would show that those who got priority tickets for the 'glamorous' Tyrone/Armagh Ulster Championship game don't care as much about the smaller games (such as a Saturday evening qualifier) and that the season ticket holders only get moved up when these other people don't want to go.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 24, 2009, 01:42:50 PM
Has anyone got a link to the layout of St.Tiernach's Park, Clones or know where Section JC, Row C is. I want to see where they've put me. Thanks.

I was in section EO, row B for the Tyrone v Armagh game. Was right on the '45 line nearest the Town end, but right up against the wire. You are in covered section so you will have a good view. Possibly between the '45 and '21 yard lines on the other side.

T Fearon

Maguire sorry to disagree with you but I'm expecting good tickets for the Armagh Monaghan game due to the fact that the tickets will be issued by Croke Park, not the Ulster Council. I will reiterate a few key core points here;

Season ticket holders provided the GAA with in excess of 1m euros in advance of any games in league or championship in 2009.

Season ticket holders are obliged to purchase tickets for all remaining championship games involving their counties after the first round of the respective provincial championship games.

All season ticket holders have been allocated good quality seats for Championship games this year in Leinster, Munster and Connacht, as these three provincial councils who have ultimate charge for ticket allocation,responded positively to requests from the season ticket office for quality tickets. The Ulster Council treated the same request with contempt.

I have raised the issue directly via the Ulster Council via their website box and three weeks later still await a response...further contempt for season ticket holders.

Season ticket holders are assured of the same quality seats in Croke Park whether their county is involved in the All Ireland Final (where demand is huge) or for a Leinster Championship first round game (not involving Dublin or Meath).

armaghniac

First come first served in Clones

St.Tiernach's Park, Clones, hosts the Round 1 Football Qualifier clash on Saturday 4th June as Monaghan take on Armagh.

To gain entry please bring your Season Ticket to the Season Stile - Located in front of the Gerry Arthur Stand. Look out for the Season Ticket signs.

There is unreserved seating in the stand for this fixture so it's first come, first served.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Trevor Hill

Why wont they release tickets for minor games? I`ve been told to pay at the gate tomorrow in Clones.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on June 24, 2009, 02:17:02 PM
Maguire sorry to disagree with you but I'm expecting good tickets for the Armagh Monaghan game due to the fact that the tickets will be issued by Croke Park, not the Ulster Council.
I'm not sure you are disagreeing with me! I'm not disagreeing with you.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 25, 2009, 05:31:12 PM
Why wont they release tickets for minor games? I`ve been told to pay at the gate tomorrow in Clones.

What game is tomorrow?

Roseyland

Folks, was wondering if some of you could confirm if my season ticket is good to go for tomorrow, have emailed below to SEASONTICKET@gaa.ie with no reply.

I have a GAA season ticket purchased for the Westmeath games. This ticket was bought as a gift for me by my sister. However she was not aware this ticket includes all championship games westmeath will play in. As she is a student you might understand that she wouldnt be flush with cash and hence if the ticket is charged to her Laser card, there may not be money available to purchase admission to game.
I was wondering if it was possible to transfer the laser card registered with this ticked to my own card.
Also i want to confirm that the ticket is OK for the game on Sunday.