season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2009, 01:56:28 PM
The seats in Carrick for ST holders were excellent ...right on half way and also right beside where Martin Reynolds was presented with the Junior Trophy when WE BET MAYO;D
Mind you trying to find out where the ST stile was located was an adventure in itself ..."Dont know" "ask yer man over there" " just show it at any stile" "Yer not gettin in here with tha...€20 or no entry" !!!! etc etc

How much did you win?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Doohicky

Also very suspicious of the whole ticket stub thing.

Are they going to scan every single stub to ensure that the season ticket holders attended?
What about if a stub is misplaced?

Or are they assuming that anyone who got a ticket sent out turned up and the game is counted as attended?

Rois

I keep laughing to myself at this thread - some of you season ticket holders seem to think you're the country's greatest fans!

Other people involved in a daily or weekly basis with the GAA may not have season tickets as they couldn't afford the initial outlay/weren't enough season tickets available - what makes them any less deserving of a good seat (as I presume you would rather have been in seats occupied by someone else, ie referees, youth coordinators, players' families, voluntary county board and club administrators etc).  Who in your opinion ranks below you in seating allocation terms?

Season ticket snobbery!

T Fearon

We paid our money and attended all of the league games. I saw loads of (what appeared like well to do) women and kids in good seats on Sunday, I doubt if they wash the clubs kits etc.

As I said before if genuine supporters were getting the best seats in preference to season ticket holders I wouldn't mind, but the people occupying the best seats are those you only see at big Championship games during the summer.

I used to be able to get great seats at Clones, simply because a  mate had a good contact in high places, and he would have even have got me a car park pass for Clones as well, that unfortunately (or fortunately for me back in the day) is how things have always worked.

Season tickets holders don't expect necessarily the best seats but they don't deserve the worst, which was what they got on Sunday.

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on June 02, 2009, 05:01:25 PM
We paid our money and attended all of the league games. I saw loads of (what appeared like well to do) women and kids in good seats on Sunday, I doubt if they wash the clubs kits etc.

How out of touch with reality are you Fearon?

Rois

Oh dear god seriously, "well to do" women??  Gosh wonder if one of them was my mum?  She definately doesn't wash kits these days.  But she sits in on her own a few nights a week (counting her millions) when my dad is at a club meeting or a grants meeting or a referees meeting.  She wore her fur coat to the McKenna Cup in January but was in the chalet in St Moritz for a few of the league games so she's not really a genuine supporter.

Who deserves the worst seats then, if season ticket holders don't?  The sponsors and their guests?  Right enough, they do nothing for the county.  The County Board?  True, sure they just sit in the county board offices doing very little.  County committees - ah sure they're as bad as county board officials.

If you had no qualms taking the great seats and car park pass in the past, why would you berate others for doing so now?  Is it just because your friend won't get you the tickets or is it because you genuinely disagree with the practice?  I would find it hard to believe it's the latter.

Maguire01

I think the point is that most season ticket holders could get a better vantage point for all games, bar the AI Final, without a season ticket. You'd have a better view on the terraces than in the front rows of the stand. If the season ticket is a disadvantage for all but the All Ireland final, then there's little incentive to buy one for supporters of most counties.

I'm in two minds as to whether to buy one again next year. The seats were just ok for the Derry game - high enough in the stand, but not very central. My main problem is that anyone going to a match with you has to buy the most expensive tickets - i'd be happy to use my season ticket to stand.

There are some positives to the season ticket, but there are some teething difficulties as well. It remains to be seen as to how well the GAA reach to these.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Rois on June 02, 2009, 04:53:14 PM
I keep laughing to myself at this thread - some of you season ticket holders seem to think you're the country's greatest fans!

Other people involved in a daily or weekly basis with the GAA may not have season tickets as they couldn't afford the initial outlay/weren't enough season tickets available - what makes them any less deserving of a good seat (as I presume you would rather have been in seats occupied by someone else, ie referees, youth coordinators, players' families, voluntary county board and club administrators etc).  Who in your opinion ranks below you in seating allocation terms?

Season ticket snobbery!

There was thousands of better seats than those given to the season ticket holders. There's nothing to stop those people above (especially in Tyrone were club and county games dont clash) supporting their county all year. Judging by the attendances (particularly at away games) at league games many dont bother. Thats their choice but not sure they should get the very best seats when they do decide to go (although they should be looked after). Also there was so many better seats than those given to season ticket holders that there's no way they were filled by hard working gaa officials.

donelli

For clones, i'd be happy to be offered around the half way line at decent elevation on the mcgrane stand.
not bothered with the covered section.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Season ticket snobbery!

To be fair i think season ticket holders (and I'm not one myself) probably do rank fairly high up the list of priorities seatwise. They've been at most of the matches this year so I don't think giving them some sort of preference is out of order. being in the covered part of the Geriatric Stand wouldn't be out of order I wouldn't have thought.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

Talking to some people who are season holders, they were more than disappointed with the tickets - but what were they expecting ? Middle of the Gerry Arthur stand ??

rrhf

Rois some are and some maybe arent - I know which group Im in but based on the presumption that most season tickets attend most of their counties games and support their county and clubs financially as much as anyone, when they can, then I would not be challenging their ticketworthiness as a group - individualise your arguement if you fell that way please..  We had the worst seats in the house and we are entitled to be unhappy.  Perhaps a little "club Tyrone snobbery" on your part - I jest.    However to get this scheme off the ground Croke Park has made the effort, TCB made the effort and the Ulster council has not,  I had the option of much better tickets from the club I dont care whether its stand hill or Mc Grane I just want to see the game and there was very little I could see and appreciate on Sunday as I was below the pitch. 

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 11:14:35 AM
Talking to some people who are season holders, they were more than disappointed with the tickets - but what were they expecting ? Middle of the Gerry Arthur stand ??
Why not? If it worked that way during the league, why not now, when everyone else has jumped on board?

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 11:47:01 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 11:14:35 AM
Why not? If it worked that way during the league, why not now, when everyone else has jumped on board?

Why should they ?

Why not Pat Mc Grane or the Eastern Stand ?

Doohicky

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Season ticket was supposed to be a way of encouraging people to go to all the matches and one of the ways was to reward the people who followed their county through the league campaign.

From the seat myself and many others were given it seems the opposite is true and Season ticket holders are actually being given the worst seats.

When the League was on they were happy to give us all our own section, why can they not continue to do so since the fairweather fans have turned up?

I would even be happy if I was given an option to swap my ticket for the game to a standing ticket. I always turn up early to watch the minor match anyway so I know I would get a good place.

I don't expect the best seats in the house, but I would like to think we could at least get placed somewhere that we can see the entire pitch.